Isaac
Years ago

South Dragons game intro on YouTube

For those curious, here's the South Dragons game intro as posted on YouTube.

Might be more interesting if they put those flames closer together for when Shane Heal ran out?

Still on the Tube, check out this Scott Fisher remix. The League needs a bit more of this kinda idiocy!

Topic #9985 | Report this topic

Bulldog  
Years ago

That's going all out for entertainment, good to see someone putting in effort to their presentation.

Good to see.

Reply #114064 | Report this post

benj  
Years ago

that is what i call pregame intro - though it did sound like the Dome PA system :) I know it was the quality of the recording and encoding

Reply #114069 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

did you also see all the empty seats as the spotlights shone around the stands?

I suppose it is one way to disguise the fact that you have no fans......

Reply #114099 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Not sure on crowd size for that game, but the one problem with pregame entertainment is it starts at 7pm, tip off is 7:40pm and Melb culture is to arrive 15 mins max before any event starts, so a fair amount of people miss the action pre-game.
All though with this kind of stuff going on slowly more and more people are turning up earlier.

Reply #114138 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Same problem in Adelaide. There needs to be a way for a quite compact intro to happen that introduces each starting five to the court - that would solve a few problems.

Reply #114196 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Since a couple of videos have been posted, found this one courtesy of Ozhoops.

Reply #114199 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Take out the basketball footage and you'd think it was a party at George Michael's house.

Reply #114203 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

That is the greatest piece of film making I have ever seen. What year did that win an Oscar?

Reply #114205 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What year didn't it win an Oscar!?

Reply #114207 | Report this post

Brian Fantanna  
Years ago

I cant remember a board being broken in an NBL game. That was the funniest footage I've seen in a long time

Reply #114210 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Isaac, I assume you mean the film was so great, it kept being nominated year in year out. What ever happened to Paul Kuiper? He was really funny. There were some nasty dunks back then too.

Reply #114212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was gold! Man JC was one of the most graceful dunkers in NBL history, I forgot how good he was to watch!

Reply #114240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brian Scotty Ninnis busted a backboard in Adelaide once - but it was during pre game warm up - he earned a tech for it too, cos he swung on the ring to do it

Reply #114242 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Doc
Paul Kuiper went back to the USA with his wife and children around 6 years ago. He was last working with youth groups in Jackson I think.

Reply #133959 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:26 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754