Nick
Years ago

Tonight Game vs Taipans

Unfortunately I was not able to go to tonight's game. Did Alan Black cop it from the fans and seals? What was the game like? How did the Sixers play?

Topic #9995 | Report this topic

cal's bruton  
Years ago

It was a good game, the difference in the game was ng's 5 points and Grabau's 11 for the taipans, ng scored his early in the game when there was no advantage to be made while grabs got his in an uplifting second half performance which i felt was the difference in the game and showed in the result with the taipans winning by 12.

Reply #114151 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

the difference was our inability to hit a free throw, that was the difference. We hit half the shots we missed the game was ours.

Reply #114152 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

I agree with the foul shot issue, it was terrible, but can someone please tell me what offence we actually play? I really do get tired seeing other teams score so easily, whereby we seem to play some of the ugliest offence one would ever wish to see.
Nice tech foul on our coach as well at a crucial stage of the last quarter, a great example!

Reply #114153 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Yeah, looking at the box score the thing that stands out is our shooting. FG: 35%, FT: 62 %.

Reply #114154 | Report this post

flames_87  
Years ago

nick...good point made there.

last weekends game against the tigers, we shot at 51% and something like 42% from the 3 point line.

Reply #114155 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah the tech was at a real bad stage, so was our lack of D when grabau(sp?) was able to hit the 3 on like 2 or 3 plays in a row.

Reply #114156 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Anyone know what Smyth said/did this time (other than stand up) to get the tech from everyone's favourite ref in the NBL, David Weeks?

Reply #114159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooper made Smith look like he should be a Boomer.

Reply #114160 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Cooper the Sixer with the most court time, never thought that would happen!!

Reply #114161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how many times did our defence all collapse to the basket leaving 3 of their players on the 3 point for open 3's and they hit them, it was most obvious with the grabau 3 and then stewart and cat hit a couple as well. then next play there would be no one in the key and they could get it straight into Smith with no one of defence. That is what killed us.

Having said that if they arent back on the court tomorrow morning first thing shooting free throws Phil is too soft. I reckon if a goorj team was shooting that bad from the foul line he would have had them out the rooms shortly after the game practising them.

Reply #114163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ahh stupid double post crap

Reply #114164 | Report this post

the magpie  
Years ago

Yep foul shots were bad.............
we shot 53 of them and only hit 33!
What i thought turned the game was when Maher got fouled by Grabau on a loose ball get and it didnt get called, then Cattalini took it to the hole for a basket and the foul.
Phil had every right to be angry about the no call on Maher, But he should have more brains (swearing at the ref) for a tech foul, giving the Taipans 3 foul shot and posession. Cat hit the bonus shot and both free throws, making a 4 point game a 9 point game in seconds. Im just devo cause if that foul was called on Grabau, Sixers have posession down by 4 with 4 mins to play and we would've taken that sh!t

Reply #114165 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

ohh yeah cal's bruton that matchup was the difference alrite (sarcastic) i thought the ninja had some great hustle plays and did a lot more than his 5pts suggests. and i thought matt smith was great (yes it was crap D, i know) but i think he was probably there most important player.

AND DID WE NOT LEARN OUR LESSON FROM THE LAST TIME WE PLAYED ANTHONY STEWART?!?

Reply #114167 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yep credit to ng got some big offensive rebounds.

Reply #114170 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

Ng needs to go, Hes there to score 3's when the team needs them and just doesnt. The efforts he puts in are only highlighted because he is so small.
What did Smyth say for the tech foul??? I did alot of talk from the Taipans coach that was allowed so how come Smyth stood up and was pinged instantly, AGAIN.

Umpiring was shit again, theres absolutely no consistancy in their calls and most of them are just BAD.

Reply #114171 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The game was doomed the minute Geoff Weekes showed his ugly face on court. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this his first game back after the Abney/Hill disaster? I think he had revenge on his mind for the Adelaide side that wouldn't relent to his blatantly mistaken call. The free throw shooting killed us, but good refereeing could have negated that. With the score difference, the task was not insurmountable.

Reply #114172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geoff Weeks had revenge on his mind AGAINST the 36ERS????
That would make every other coach in the NBL roar with laughter.

Reply #114175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wish Smyth would stick to coaching and stop abusing the referees. I reckon he has copped more techs this season than in the rest of his career.

His tech tonight was absolutely ridiculous - came at the vital point of the game.

Yes - the call at the offensive end was crap but we were in with a chance and then he goes and does that. Good way to destroy the morale of both his players and the spectators. I nearly walked out at that point as I knew he had blown the game for us and I was that pissed off.

I haven't been a Smyth basher until now but tonight he was pathetic. Refused to call timeouts when the Taipans were destroying us and then threw the game away with an act of stupidity.

Reply #114176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They hardly used their imports at all in the second half.

Reply #114177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Farley shooting 4/18 (22%)

When it's not your not, you need to stop shooting.

Reply #114178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was Farley thinking in the final minute of the first half when he tried to throw an alley to Ng only to see it come unstuck and Catallini knock down a huge three to close the half??

Reply #114180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We suck.

No offence (other than 1 on 5) - we were given a clinic in how to move the ball.

And a flawed defensive strategy for which Cairns had all the answers. They ADAPTED their offence to whatever we showed them and we were too slow to respond.

We should've been 20 up at quarter time when we were going inside to Horvath.

Farley = joke. Threw up that many off balance shots. Its all about HIM and got nothing to do with TEAM.

It'll be a long time before I go back.

Reply #114186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd rather Horvath take more of the shots than Farley.. Horvath is more likely to hit the shots! Farley can be on fire but has TOO MANY nites when his shots don't go in

Reply #114188 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

On a positive note, it was great to see the number of hard drives to the basket by several players. I have no idea of the actual stats but it seemed to me that we drew a foul on the vast majority - although it was a pity we couldn't make the charity shots!!

Reply #114189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

very frustrating game to watch!

1. 2nd half continually collapsing the D and leaving a 3 point shooter base line free on about half a dozen occasions, including 3 in a row!

2. as per usual, lack of timeouts when Cairns were on a role. i really dont get this philosophy

Reply #114191 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Coops was the Sixers most consistent player tonight in what was the best performance I have seen from him. And that was with him missing any sort of help side defence without Nash around.

Seeing Coops drive to the basket so often spoke of a hidden potential that we have yet to see from the big guy, and yes, he got to the line as well almost every time. Too bad a few of the layups didnt drop and he cant hit a freethrow to save himself.

Smith for them was good too, but essentially they were playing two types of offence:

1. Camp two guys under the basket for the bullet pass inside; and

2. Drive past the non existent perimiter presences of Maher, Farley and to a lesser extent Ng for a layup or dish to the corner.

Other than Coops, not too much defence being played out there, and (hate to admit it) we missed Nash to hold it together.

Reply #114192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps Phil has forgotten the time out signal

Phil take one finger from on hand and place it underneath the palm from the opposing hand indicating a small t as in time out.

Phil when the ref does all fingers of one hand underneath the palm of the opposing hand that is a big T Phil. Big t's are a bad thing they give the opposition fouls shots (and as they aren't sixers the probably will make them) and then award them the ball from the half court.

Small t's are good
Big t's aren't

Practice Phil Practice.

Reply #114193 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

lol

Reply #114197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For those curious about what Phil said it sound like Duck but wasnt - that is an automatic tech - especially when direct straight at the ref.

And just for the record what he was complaining about I don't reckon was a foul. But I am quite surprised the number of times the refs had to tell the cairns bench to shut up or sit down and they never wore a tech

Reply #114202 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Slow start, but did OK. They looked to be trying to get Owens and Thornton going inside, but we held them out. Then in the second half as others have said, we got beaten by open threes or easy plays for Smith inside - he had two or three dunks in one part.

Then, though they were down, the crowd were still believers until the T, and then the gap was simply too much to bring back.

Maher well held early. Cooper probably team best, just could've had a superb game by converting a couple more layups and hitting from the stripe a little better. Good to see Majstro and Timmons penetrating, event if it didn't pay off every time.

Farley and Maher were great from the line (both are top ten in the league), but the rest need to work on their free throws or they'll have even less chance in Perth where the Wildcats have fouled Sydney out of a game in the past by making them earn every point from the stripe.

Reply #114204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe they didn't say fire truck to the ref Isaac

Reply #114206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't believe people are blaming the referees - adelaide had 53 attempts to Cairns' 34 (even after all the fouling towards the end of the game) and the foul count was in Adelaide's favour.

magpie - i don't think that one call cost adelaide the game. there were a lot more calls which went against cairns. i can't believe horvath can get away with his constant elbowing.

Reply #114209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course it is the referee's fault

fancy putting a team to the line so many times when you just know they can't shot from that far out.

Move em forward to the U12 foul line

Reply #114211 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I thought the referees were decent last night, for whatever that's worth.

Why would a ref have "revenge" on his mind? I mean, seriously. Because a team was saying that a foul should've been unsportsmanlike weeks ago? That's laughable.

The game was doomed the second he stepped on court, EC - so you had no faith in the ability of the team to beat Cairns? It was all the fault of one referee?

As others have already outlined, it's pretty hard to put this one down to the refs when we got to the line 53 times, and the foul count was against the opposition.

35% from the field. 20 missed free throws. There's all you need to know, right there.

Reply #114214 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Anyone know how many went? There seemed to be quite a few people there.

Reply #114217 | Report this post

Clark Kent  
Years ago

Reply #114218 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

5,475. Aided a bit by kids from local basketball camps being run. Solid crowd.

And the best thing is that the club still has room to move (next season especially) if results improve, etc.

Reply #114219 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Move geographically? ;)

Reply #114221 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, crowd numbers. Where's the club going to move geographically?!

Reply #114223 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Our shooting was definitely poor, but you have to give it to the intensity of Cairns' perimiter defence. Our offence appeared to be completely unable to manufacture an open look from beyond the three point line.

Anyone else think that Mee has got Maher's measure? Mee appears to be the only guy in the league that can consistently rattle and shut down Maher, and particularly his favoured free throw line jumpshot. I cant remember the last time Maher came out best in that match up.

Reply #114224 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

To a brand spanking new stadium in the CBD.

You put it in Victoria Square, thereby solving the problem of what to do with that as well.

Or, you get rid of a stretch of that pesky parkland surrounding the CBD that's been hanging around for ever and put a new stadium there.

You then create a new suburb to surround this new stadium, it's called 36ertown. All the streets are named after former players, and they also run the shops/businesses: ie Mick Corkeron is the postie, Chris Blakemore runs the deli, and so forth.

I suppose you're going to ask me how all this will be financed?

Reply #114225 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

First game of the season for me and it ended up as a lose. I'm banning myself for attending other games (bar the Sydney game in Sydney).

Two things that stood out for me was the terrible rotation on defence in covering the Cairns shooters. How many times to Stewart, Grabau and Boodnikoff spot up and hit?? I think it was in the 2nd, Stewart had a corner three and the closest defender was Cooper inside the key... Rubbish rotation. Drive and kick killed us all night long.

Another problem, can some please teach our guys how to defend the high post pick and roll. Smith (who the *#& is he) killed us with the pick and roll. From memory he got three dunks in the last quarter all of picks and rolls.

Highlight of the night was that absolute nasty block where I think it was Darnell took to strong to the rack and Coopz blocked it at the rim. It was either going to be a nasty dunk or a nasty block, lucky for us it was the block.

I won't mention Farleys shot selection....

Reply #114226 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

Some glaring short comings.
Free throws, but not all players.
Ball hogging and very poor shot selection in the crunch.
Noticed one player cannot do layups, he missed 5 pt blank shots.
We don't have enough meat in the locker against the top clubs. They all have 7 footers, we don't think they are necessary. Our team must be outweighed by 50-100kg.
Some players have off nights with their shooting, but still have a licence to continue shooting even at cruch time.
Offence appears non existent,when the team is under pressure.
Played a great first half, with sharp passes, and everyone shooting, had the Taipans scratching at times. Could not sustain it when it counted.

Reply #114228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 reasons why we lost - and will continue to lose.

1. Not set offence come crunch time. We need individual brilliance to make the big plays. Sure this happens now and then but when it doesn't a team offence is required.

2. Horvaths defence late in the game. Too often this season their centre sets a high pick. Horvath steps out to the guard leaving his man open to role to the ring. Some could argue the rest of the team should rotate but Horvath doesnt stop/bump/disrupt the guard in any way and he doesn't bust his arse getting back to his player.

Fix this as well as adding occasionally something from left field (why not run dodman for 2 minutes in the last quarter when cooper got his 5th foul. Give some energy, something different) and we will win more games.

Reply #114233 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

The thing that really get up everyones crack is there are to different Sixers. The ones that shoot the ball well, play tough D and can beat nearly anybody and the hopeless, heartless Sixers. If only the good sixers could show up every night (not just 10% of the time) then have a real team on our hands.

Reply #114234 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

How are they going to finance it Bo?

Reply #114268 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

A Jerry Dennard nude calender

Reply #114283 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

I think people just like to bag the team. They come on here just to complain, its an increasing problem on the internet and one of the reasons theres no longer a forum on the Adelaide site.

Why bag coopers missed layups when for everyone of them he had 3 defenders on him, I think its great hes playing how he is.

Mee probaly does know Mahers game, remember when they played together....

Smyth called a timeout when they were 6 points down in the 4th, the team came out and did the same thing as before the timeout

Farley shoots because he knows he can make the shot and like copeland he shoots better under pressure, thats his game so get over it.

Reply #114297 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

ditto to that skudpud

Reply #114304 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, I covered the fact that the foul shooting killed us, but the refs could have done a better job. It may have made the difference in spite of the poor shooting. I don't know where all you posters sit, but I sit amongst a huge group of people who have a good knowledge of the game and Weekes is thoroughly abused for his calls. I also notice the crowd booing his calls consistently. Also tell me where I went wrong in saying the game was doomed the minute Weekes walked on the court? That's exactly what happened.

Reply #114316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EC

Weeks had the Sydney V Adelaide game in Sydney and Adelaide won that is after the Abney/Hill incident which he was one of two refs who chose not to call it unsportsmanlike.

Crowds love to have a go at the refs its part and parcel of the game.

How else was a ref do a better job for Adelaide they called less fouls on them. They put them to the line more often than Cairns.

EC please note the refs cannot shoot the ball for them. Cannot make the subs for them nor call timeouts.

Your criticism of the refs smacks of bias of a fan who needs to blame others than the people at fault.

Reply #114318 | Report this post

Clark Kent  
Years ago

"I sit amongst a huge group of people who have a good knowledge of the game ..."

Yet you can't get the name right of a referee who's been involved in the game at the highest level for longer then you've probably known the sport even existed.

If you're going to make comments such as blaming the refs for a loss then please back it up with some specifics as to what they did.

Smyth is notorious for riding referees all game and doing it in a very disrespectful manner. He may not pace the sideline or yell at the refs in a way that the crowd would be aware of it but trust me he says plenty.

Reply #114319 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Clark & everyone else who I need to tell for a 3rd time, I mentioned the poor foul shooting in my first post. As for specifics to back my claim, how many 3 seconds in the keyway rule were called? How many travels were called on the opposition, I personally witnessed and counted 6. One instance of the ball in the hands of the opposition and stepping outside the boundary line, not called. Jumping up over our players from behind resulting in a push, several instances not called. The number of warnings to the Cairns bench yet no Tech called. Is this enough or shall I go on? Believe it not I actually go to the games to watch the games. I observe what happens on court. I also shout out exactly the same complaints that many nearby do. I think we must see a different game from the angle we are watching, but I can assure you we are not all blind to the same things at the same time.

Reply #114331 | Report this post

benj  
Years ago

EC glad you don't referee me, I can tell you for sure (knowing various people along the benches score table etc) that whilst Black was riding the refs all game he didn't step over the line (as opposed to Phil who does most games and is lucky he doesn't get for techs called on him) - he was mostly asking questions and doing it in a much better way than Phil ever does. Granted they were warned when they all jumped up to remonstrate a call Black was told to make them sit and I don't believe they got up again to remonstrate a call.

If I happen to sit near you in the south stand half way up - most of the people who are there shouting out know stuff all because, and if you happen to sit where I was sitting last year top of the northern stand in the NW end - they know almost as much.

Sadly most people shouting things know are biased towards their teams. There weren't lots of 3 second calls missed, its 3 seconds then the call so it is closer to 4 seconds anyway - it isn't the 2 seconds that the crowd want it called as. Travels, hmm the main travel that I can now remember was the AJ one in front of the team bench, that was definitely travel from where I was - can you give me any times when these so called travels occurred.

I go to the basketball as an umpire (so yes you can shoot me down as a ref apologist) and like to look critically at the umpires so that I can improve my game. Having said that I have been a 36ers fan for longer than I have been an umpire and definitely like to enjoy my basketball.

I cant believe no one has mentioned what I thought was the biggest problem of the night with the umpiring the hanging on the runners/cutters and shirt grabbing. Is it the new defensive tactic - most teams do it these days - maybe the 36ers should do to body suits (no thanks!!!) because that is the only way it is going to stop. And the other thing was Horvath and his elbows - has he been watching Dee Ranford play - because he needs to tuck his wings in - I think he is lucky that Cat controlled himself last night - if Cat had really lashed out and hit him decently with that frustration elbow to the back of the head we could have had another long term injury.

Reply #114334 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It may have made the difference in spite of the poor shooting.
Disagree completely. 20 missed foul shots, giving up opens threes, and allowing Matt Smith to have 13 in the final quarter - refs did not even come close to deciding the result and those three things are more than enough to lose a game.
I also notice the crowd booing his calls consistently.
Doesn't necessarily mean anything - they're barracking for their team.
Also tell me where I went wrong in saying the game was doomed the minute Weekes walked on the court? That's exactly what happened.
You're saying that retrospectively. The game certainly wasn't doomed the minute he stepped on court.

I've held my tongue for a long time, but you make, without a doubt, the most ridiculous, one-eyed excuses I have ever read in my entire life. I can appreciate very supportive fans who wait out a season before making their judgement. I can appreciate fans who really look on the positive side. But I cannot comprehend such grasping for excuses. I mean, saying that a referee was out for revenge and the team had no chance with him calling the game - that's insane.

Go up to any of the players and ask them why they lost that game - first thing they'll say: we missed 20 foul shots. None of them are going to say "Well, we missed 20 foul shots, but if the refs had done a better job, we would've had a chance." Why? Because that's fanciful and delusional.

Here's something from Boti's latest story:
IF the 36ers spend next month watching the NBL play-offs on television they will have no-one to blame but themselves and their dismal free throw shooting.
Full story - no mention of the refs.

Reply #114336 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Maybe we could get the 36ers to buy one of Ed Palubinskas's videos?
http://freethrowmaster.com/Freethrow/About/about.html

Reply #114339 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, I have a right to how I feel. Call it women's intuition or whatever. I will have you know that I walked into the stadium last night full of confidence. I was going to watch a team that just beat Melbourne in Melbourne, a team who beat
Sydney in Sydney, a team who beat 3 out of the top four teams with the fouth to come at home in 2 weeks time. I had confidence they could have taken that game as well. The minute Weekes walked into the stadium, it all changed. It was not retrospective at all. I could have told you we were to lose the game last night before tip off. Whatever you call it (ESP if you like), I can't help my intuition coming to fruition. Now if I attributed that to the choice of refs, then something in my mind told me that it was correct. Apart from my mindset, I witnessed many fouls not being called. The extra possession of the ball could have easily made up the 12 point difference. That is all I am saying, I haven't for a minute forgotten about the damage the foul shooting did. I also sense huge frustration from the team and coach at the quality of umpiring. That alone gets your mind off track and concentration on the game lost. It happens to all of us when under pressure. Things just don't go right when under pressure because your mind is to pre occupied and not free to concentrate on the task at hand. There is also so much inconsistency in the way the game is called. Even professional basketballers would get confused over what goes and what doesn't with the particular refs they are dealing with at the time. If the refs want to call a pushing foul, then do it at both ends. All I ask for is consistency.

Reply #114340 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Do you think you might've mostly noticed the supposed "wrong calls" that went against the 36ers?

Many, many fans at the Dome will boo a call against the 36ers even if it's the correct call. Haven't noticed any boo a call that incorrectly favours their team!

I think it would be interesting if you sat down with a game tape (especially this one just been) and watched it with a referee evaluator.

At a Sturt game last season, I remarked upon a play that I thought was definitely incorrectly called. Trevor Baker, who obviously knows the rules better than I do and better than you do, was sitting next to me and explained why the call from the referee was correct. Made me realise how often my judgement of a call's accuracy would probably be wrong.

No coach, no player, no journalist and no fans on here seemed to have endorsed your theories on the referee with revenge on his mind, or that the referees were a significant factor for this game.

I'm surprised you haven't reconsidered your assertion in light of the views by people with a greater knowledge of the game.

Overwhelmingly, the collective assessment seems to be that the poor accuracy from the line, poor defense on perimeter shooters and poor defense on Smith in the latter stages of the game cost us the win. A sprinkling of blame on poor shot selection in the crunch and maybe the technical foul, but not a whole lot about the vengeful ref IMO.

Reply #114342 | Report this post

benj  
Years ago

yeah boti hasn't even mentioned the refs so there couldn't possibly have been a problem

(well I haven't seen it mentioned)

Reply #114344 | Report this post

Clark Kent  
Years ago

EC,

When I walked into the stadium and saw that there were kids playing in the pregame I thought DAMN 36ers have no hope now if this is the the entertainment they're putting on pre-game!!

And I was right!

IMO they lost because of the kids playing in the pre game, completely threw their mind set off.

What a genius I am; and I'm not even female!

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

Reply #114346 | Report this post

MS  
Years ago

EC - My ESP/female intuition told me that when we lost Oscar and Jacob and signed Copeland our season was doomed - looks like my intuition has come to fruition too!

Also I might suggest that you look at the refereeing schedule in future before you go to games to ensure you dont waste your time going to games that we have zero chance of winning!

Reply #114347 | Report this post

Blaze of Glory  
Years ago

That is the funniest post since someone said they helped there team to championships as the court announcer.

For what it is worth, I believe every game does actualy get evaluated and the three umpires watch all the questionable calls/no calls on tape straight after the game.

Reply #114349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

for those like me who had to look up clark's latin -

'Post hoc ergo propter hoc, Latin for "after this, therefore because of this", is a logical fallacy.'

'Post hoc is a particularly tempting error because temporal sequence appears to be integral to causality. The fallacy lies in coming to a conclusion based solely on the order of events, rather than taking into account other factors that might rule out the connection. Most familiarly, many superstitious beliefs and magical thinking arise from this fallacy.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_hoc_ergo_propter_hoc

Reply #114350 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

EC, could you please let me know what the lotto numbers will be for Saturday night?

Reply #114352 | Report this post

Clark Kent  
Years ago

EC will win; unless Weekes does the draw in which case we've all got no hope of winning it!

Reply #114353 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't know if I'm guilty of getting off track earlier, but can everyone play the ball, not the man here. Last time I think some of these needling-type jokes at Dana's expense may have been interpreted as bullying rather than people simply registering their disagreement with her POV.

I often think EC makes some outrageous one-eyed observations, but she is a strong fan otherwise I don't think I would respond to her comments as extensively.

Reply #114358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's going to happen....just how it is portrayed and when the bombshell is annonced is the question. The silence is deafening!
A new dawn beckons........

Reply #114412 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

Firstly, let me say EC I do not at all agree with your views. However they are you views and you are entitled to them.

Secondly, whilst I'm sure Isaac you did not intend to "open the door", history tends to indicate whenever you have a go at someone......the dickheads seem to think it's then open season for them to follow suit.

Like life itself, the world tends to have only two sorts of people, leaders and followers.

Reply #114415 | Report this post

Clark Kent  
Years ago

Fiji

I think I've made my opinions of EC's posts quite clear before Isaac said anything.

Please don't refer to me as a dickhead in future.

Reply #114416 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

We're both dickheads in our own right, thank you very much! ;)

Reply #114419 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Stick to the facts everyone. At least I backed up my arguments with geniune observations of the game. Not one person said they witnessed a certain number of violations committed by the Sixers which were not called to justify consistency. You don't have to agree with me, just state the facts to back up your disagreement. School yard bullying is not going to support your claim. You're lucky I have responded in this way, normally I wouldn't waste my time on such nonsence. I welcome anyone to give specifics about the game that is contrary to what I said.

Reply #114453 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

EC, if the calls you mentioned had gone in favour of the Sixers, the only difference in the outcome of the game is that we would have missed 30 foul shots instead of 20!

Reply #114509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

genuine observations and ESP. go team insanity!

Reply #114523 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

Lightning show how to hit foul shots.

they hit 18/21

Lindsay 2/2
Gahan 11/12
Woosnam 5/7

Sixers hit anywhere near that % and they would have won easy.

Reply #114538 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:14 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754