Dusan Vavic
Years ago

Update All Star Game...help!!!!!!!!!!

As promised previously, an update for the all star game. The web page is moving along nicely, have seen a mock up and it's well done. But I require help from the local basketball nation. If you personally know the coach of Central District men, Southern District men (who reads the email but doesn't answer)and women,West Adelaide women and North Adelaide men and women, can you PLEASE ask them to contact me ([email protected])with their choice of four players and their position, either inside or outside. This information is need urgently so that voting can begin as soon as possible. I know we are all busy with the season coming to an end but just five minutes of your time is all that I am asking for.

On another note, the organising committee consist of Sue Yang, President Eastern Mavs, Bob Hunnerup, West Adelaide Men's Senior Coach, Scott Ninnis, Sturt Senior Men's Coach, Dave Banwell, Central District Senior Committee Rep and myself.

As we move closer to the date, I will keep you informed of how things are moving along.

Topic #100 | Report this topic

j bags  
Years ago

See above re: Billy Ho!

Is Billy hiding in a bag??

Reply #724 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

& Kinghorn too. Perhaps they are putting the 4 spots on the ballot up for auction amongst their players. ;-).

Reply #725 | Report this post

Years ago

Dusan,
message passed on to Southern Tigers Mens Coach.

Reply #726 | Report this post

Years ago

and Southern Tigers Womens Coach

Reply #727 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

I think North Men's coach is away with Under 18 State Team - might not be checking his e-mail for a while. You might want to ring the club and get his mobile number so you can contact him that way.

Reply #741 | Report this post

mike man  
Years ago

the southern tigers women are electing to bypass the all star game...i wonder why??

Reply #745 | Report this post

x factor  
Years ago

Who will be the 4 from each club?If the coaches don't put in, let us decide.Is it true that sixers don't count? if so here are mine in no particular order

From the top
Woodville: Whitmore,Bradely, Vandenburgh,Puddifoot.

North: Hambour, Hawkes, Ben Groves, Mckay.(are Hawkes and Hambour considered sixers? if they are add Zorich and Kies)

Forestville: Pero, Cambell, Sullivan, Sutton

Eastern: Mason,Warhurst,Davis,Trebilcock

Sturt: Bauer,Gower,Sheppard,James-Martin.(if Gower is a sixer, then add Hakendorf)

Southern: Clarke,Gerlach, Pochentesa,B.Hodges.(Bowley very unlucky.....wouldn't be surprised if Bill picks him.)

Norwood: Krause,Bell, Arnold,Lommon

South:Blight,Scanlon,Smith,Kosmider

West:Bell,Phillips,Cioffi,Evans.

Centrals:Clayton,Modra,Atkins.

Sorry girls.........don't follow you.

Reply #748 | Report this post

mike man  
Years ago

i pretty much agree...but a few changes..see below.
wville- same
forestville- same
sturt- hakendorf out, benson in.
eastern- goodenough in, bungey in....mason out, warhurst out.
southern- hodges out (bloody unlucky), bowley in.
south- kent in...smith out
north- same
nwd- webber in, arnold out
west- cioffi wont play...dont have a third player to put in..i guess younie.
centrals- atkins, clayton, clausen (v talented youngster), modra i guess...but only for not knowing anyone else.

Reply #749 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I remember hearing something about a women's team having a pre-arranged function on the same night as the all-star game and, as such, they would not be available. It might be the Southern women, or South?

Reply #753 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

RE West - Younie has been sacked, he's playing div 3 men... Who else is there.... Adam Pearce?!?! Oh - Shane Crothers!!! :-/

Reply #754 | Report this post

x factor  
Years ago

Warhurst has had a much better year than Goodenough Mike man.

Agree with kent in and Smith out but I just couln't write that guys name down.

If leaving cioffi out, I guess we'll leave West at three eh?

Clausen I also agree with...good one.

Hodges and Bowley is definately a tough one.....good luck Bill on that one.

Stand my ground on Hakendorf before Benson.

Webber has had a good last 3-4 games but to me that is not enough.I'm still with Arnold there.

Reply #757 | Report this post

No.9  
Years ago

After long deliberation and consideration with some consultation with people in the know, this would be my All-Star team.

Starters

PG- Cambell
SG- Sullivan
SF- Sutton
PF- Pero
C- Rees

Bench

Wilson
Higham
Haydon
MacDonald-Taylor
Wood
P. Hoban
Lewis

Very Unlucky

T.Smyth
Smith
Gange(injured)

Any thoughts?

Reply #769 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Idiot :P

Reply #773 | Report this post

04astatsguru  
Years ago

Where have I been! What is this All-Star game that is the subject of these messages. It is just a discussion point or is it actually going to be played? When? Where? All I know is that there will be a length of time between the end of the ABL season here and the national final series. Our season ends on 7 August. The Big V ends on 22 August, the Queensland ABL and the SEABL and Waratah groups also finish either that weekend or the one previous. Our Premiers have to wait two weeks to play in Geelong. Congratulations to the genious who thought that one up. A two week lay-off then cut-throat games against battle-herdened eastern states teams can only lead to one inevitable conclusion, a victory for the easteners. Thankfully I support a team that will not win the Grand Final here and thereby avoiding the humiliation that will possibly come their way in Geelong. Again congratulations to the village idiot whose idea it was to arange this seasons program. Try a different sport next year, mate!

Reply #776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good work no.9 i am assuming that you are cameron wood...haha, but very good joke...it did actually get a laugh.
forestville are running alright at the moment, having won 9 of their past 10 or something like that...form team of the comp in my eyes.

Reply #777 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:53 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754