Melvin Corpuscle
Years ago

Newley tonight

New money at half time: 29pts, 9boards, a couple of assists ... on track for a big one (maybe he needs scouts at every game?)

Topic #10031 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

36 points, 9 boards, 4 assists with 3:37 to play in the third.

Reply #114603 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

36 9 and 3

during the 3rd.

Reply #114604 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What a game to save for the NBA scout, eh? 40 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists and all in 33 minutes as well. Superb.

Reply #114614 | Report this post

cal's bruton  
Years ago

Brad Newley isn't a good basketball player, hes no andrew gaze or cal bruton, when they shot the ball their form was text book and every shot looked like it was going in with brad you have no idea, he has a funky shot, and a strange looking head and he runs like he has rocks in his shoes, i wish him and his family the best but my guess is he will be balling it in russia crying frozen tears on what will never be, an nba career.

Reply #114617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

get lost buddy, Sorry but ur no Cal Bruton so why the *** u called that!
u couldn't make it in Basketball so u go say negative things about other people do us all a favour go to Russia PLEASE!!!

Reply #114620 | Report this post

cal's bruton  
Years ago

"get lost buddy, Sorry but ur no Cal Bruton so why the *** u called that!
u couldn't make it in Basketball so u go say negative things about other people do us all a favour go to Russia PLEASE!!! "

Im sorry but I don't speak spanish.

Reply #114628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh great come back D*&^ HEAD

u go say stuff about Newley coz u r shit so u say negative things about him, go to Russia mate u have no idea wat Talent is!

Reply #114632 | Report this post

buddy_fone  
Years ago

Right on the money Anon #114620- Cal's Bruton, youve gone too far with this one buddy! Too far!

Reply #114633 | Report this post

cal's bruton  
Years ago

"Oh great come back D*&^ HEAD

u go say stuff about Newley coz u r shit so u say negative things about him, go to Russia mate u have no idea wat Talent is!"

I understand that im out of my league challenging a genius like yourself, obviously member of mensa and online battler extraordinare. I never got why people type u, ur and coz, it seems like more effort then actually typing out the full word. I stated why i don't think newley will make the nba if you disagree then the best way is to EXPLAIN why, its a lot more productive then just attacking someone because you don't agree with their point of view, Now if you can form a sentence or two on why you think brad newley WILL make the nba without insulting me then ill give you a pick of a green or red apple and a gold star sticker.

"Right on the money Anon #114620- Cal's Bruton, youve gone too far with this one buddy! Too far! "

Hey id love to see more aussies in the nba , I just don't rate newley as a serious nba player, id prefer to see anstey get another crack or rodney elliott

Reply #114635 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

ahhh ?? wat the hell have u been smoking cal??? i can understand maybe giving anstey a chance but RODNEY ELLIOT?????? are you out of your mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Reply #114637 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

Just because Newley doesnt shoot in a text book fashion doesnt mean he's not good enough for the NBA. Golfers all have differences in their strokes, basketball players can have differences in their shots. Bogut looks completely stupid to me and uncomfortable most of the time, but hes a bloody good player and gets the job done.
The thing with Newley is that hes young and has alot of potential, scouts should be able to see that and help develop him into a beter player.

Reply #114640 | Report this post

cal's bruton  
Years ago

"ahhh ?? wat the hell have u been smoking cal??? i can understand maybe giving anstey a chance but RODNEY ELLIOT?????? are you out of your mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. "

Rodney elliott is more like steven jackson, hes play is more suited for the nba, hes be a great fit for the mavs.

"Just because Newley doesnt shoot in a text book fashion doesnt mean he's not good enough for the NBA. Golfers all have differences in their strokes, basketball players can have differences in their shots. Bogut looks completely stupid to me and uncomfortable most of the time, but hes a bloody good player and gets the job done.
The thing with Newley is that hes young and has alot of potential, scouts should be able to see that and help develop him into a beter player. "

Hes a scorer, he isn't an all around player and he can't make other players better, but the problem is he isn't a good enough scorer to make the nba on that alone, i can appreciate your point but i don't agree with it, love cal's bruton

Reply #114669 | Report this post

spectator  
Years ago

Newley has suffered from getting too much publicity early on in his career, the best way he could
have made it was to go to college,
Americans love players who embrace their culture and life and this means college. Good luck to Newley I hope he goes overseas asap.

Reply #114674 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Newley isn't good enough for the NBA cos he doesn't shoot text book fashion? You're picking on his shooting style? Ok then why don't we tell Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Reggie Miller, Peja Stojakovic that cos their shooting styles aren't "perfect" they should never have played in the NBA...

Reply #114684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cal's Bruton

I've waited and waited and waited for you to make a silly comment about Newley not being a good enough scorer. The NBA does not allow the split line defence that the NBL has. I know that means that NBA players have to be better defenders as if they get beat they will get scored on. If Newley can drop 40 in a game where there is split line defence than I would think that Newley could compete at the NBA level. Maybe not right away and maybe not in first round draft but he could compete.

Reply #114709 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Cal's bruton, you are officially the next brad, sexers 33 etc.

Your stupidity exceeds Brad Newley's potencial, Newley is not 'purely a shooter' he has an all-round game, this is why many people reguard his as a Toni Kukoc type player, but I'm sure you opinion would be more correct.

But you do make one valaid point, he will not make the NBA because he has 'a strange looking head.' I guess I was dreaming when I saw Sam Cassel play, Rodman play, hell how did those guys pass the stringent player head evaluation that the NBA is so firm on these days.

Seriously mate, I pitty you if you are anything over 10 years old.

Reply #115919 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:28 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754