123abc
Years ago

NH- Beach Cricket

Okay we have One Day Internationals, Tests, 20-20 and now Beach Cricket.

Channel 10 will broadcast 3+ Beach cricket matches and they will have several different angles, areial cameras, camera from a chopper and all. They have former players playing such as Border and Gooch.

WTF would they do this? This is going to far. The 20-20 thing is entertaining but they don't need a World Cup for it.

20-20 i like, World Cup, well that's stupid but now Beach Cricket? Shite.

Do you think 20-20 is great to watch?

Should there be a world cup for it?

Is the whole beach cricket thing going to far?

Topic #10033 | Report this topic

AB  
Years ago

XXXX Gold Beach Cricket Tri Nations Series.

It's a XXXX Beer promo Cricket legends like Allan Border, Dennis Lillee and Graham Gooch.

www.xxxxgoldbeachcricket.com.au

I think its as great idea

Reply #114634 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Maybe Greg Blewett could get a gig with playing for them!

Reply #114659 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Don't start degrading Blewy. He was a powerhouse in his prime and apart of some great Aussie sides and victories....

Reply #114678 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

he was part of the 16 test wins in a row as well

Reply #114682 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

But so was 10+ other players...

Reply #114685 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

maybe so 10+ others hell its a team sport isnt it,for the record he played in 12 of the 16 test only 4 players played more

Reply #114699 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Well, I would have suggested Mark Cosgrove. But with it being down by the beach, people might have tried to push him back into the water!

Reply #114715 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

"Well, I would have suggested Mark Cosgrove. But with it being down by the beach, people might have tried to push him back into the water!"

Either i am not getting the joke or that wasn't very funny. He's a good batsman, he just eats too much. Alot of people do that in America (and Australia unfortunately)

Let me guess the batsman. Pure guessing.
-------------------

Test...

It makes it harder because they had rotations so the best players would have atleast one game off...

Steve Waugh, Glen McGrath, Mark Waugh and Slater.

Lee,Ponting, Langer and Hayden would have been my next guesses.

Reply #114748 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

I thought it was funny Matt.

Reply #114752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so did I;)

Cosgrove has been told he needs to lose weight in order to boost his chances of playing for Australia, he doesn't appear to have done anything about it.

Reply #114769 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Cosgrove is going to the centre of excellence this offseason, instead of playing county cricket, to improve his chances of playing for Australia. The chairman of selectors suggested he not play county and head to the centre, so he took his advice.. it is part of a program to help him lose weight and improve his all around game.
123abc, they don't have a "rotation" policy for the Test team, I think you're confusing that with the one day team. Back then the "horses for courses" policy was one which was allegedly used, but you would have to say that would have only applied for the bowlers, with maybe a batter missing out if the pitch required 2 spinners or was a notoriously flat wicket.

Reply #114772 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

s waugh, gilly , warne, mcgrath

slats broke down midway through it

Reply #114834 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

how could i forget warney and Gilly?

Especially after the 700th wicket and Gilchrists fast 100.

Reply #114885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #254040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #256965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #271312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #278652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #288346 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:30 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754