cheezeburger
Years ago

Copeland On Edge

Tempers flaired as I tested the paitence of the 36er star Lenard Copeland at the front of The Stag saturday night with a quirky remark about his sopposed questionable defence "PLAY SOME D COPELAND!!" No one could have predicted his loose cannon reaction as he charged me and got into my breathing space and fired back with a cheap remark of "WHAT WAS THAT MATE?" following this scene i feared for my life and "cheezed it"

Topic #10036 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

You IDIOT!!!

Reply #114647 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Thats pathetic of you. PERIOD! And to bother giving it a topic on this forum.

Reply #114649 | Report this post

Campbell  
Years ago

i tell ya what mate, if i ever see you or anyone giving a 36er a hard time at a club/pub or anywhere for that matter i'll knock ya block off....(many would do the same)
its been a hard year for everyone involved with the club( fans included)the players dont deserve there "patience getting tested" by nob jocky like yourself.........

o.k we all know copeland has no D!
Lenard himself probably knows his D is suspect at this stage of his career, but he has been good for us this year in more ways than one.. and remember the bloke is 40+ and chucking on a 36er jersey and playing for our proud club.

your lucky cheeze, you never know who is watching!!

peace

Reply #114651 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

well campbell you'd be russell crowe fighting around the world if u took a swing at every heckler who passes coments to players in public.

peace in!

Reply #114654 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

I personally would leave shouting out those type of comments for the game.

Reply #114656 | Report this post

Campbell  
Years ago

na cheeze, just my beloved sixers!

hows ya form? what sort of fan are ya?

Reply #114657 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I don't think its really that bad of a thing. These guys get treated like stars/celebrities when they are out and get many benefits from it. So if they are going to accept that then they need to accept getting taunted from time to time as well. Thats just the life of being a professional athlete.
Him taking it personal shows to me he is quite arrogant in regards to people criticizing his game. Having said that I have met him at a club and he was down to earth and a nice guy (Maybe that was just because of the girl I was with :P )

Reply #114658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A professional athlete has to be able to take some criticism both on and off the court. They are paid a lot of money to do a job and to be in the spotlight. You would think after 15 years that Copes would be able to brush of a few words that im sure he hears all the time. Its not acceptable for a 'celebrity' and i use that very loosely to fly off the handle in public like that.

In terms of you campbell, you have the certain attitude of another campbell that comes to mind - Nick. Just an unintelligent punch first think about it later sort of bloke. Maybe you should join the sixers to show them a bit of agression. But then again you are just hiding behind the internet.

Id also be wary about threating people as it might come back to bite you on the ass.

Reply #114660 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gotta love a guy signing his post with "peace" after threatening to "knock the block off" of someone for sledging an athlete.

Reply #114661 | Report this post

Campbell  
Years ago

anon #114660.

im not hiding behind the internet mate. unlike yourself! any reason why you cant post your name/alias? its all good ....

aggresion? yeah i've got it , but that doesnt mean im an unintelligent punch first sort of bloke( unlike ya mate nick).

as for threatening people, believe!!
i said if i ever seen it in person i'd take action(knock the block off might be a bit harsh, but i'd step in at least)what true 36er fan wouldnt?????

Reply #114666 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The guy said "Play some D Copeland", not pull a gun on him. I'm pretty sure Copes can handle it himself.

Reply #114667 | Report this post

cal's bruton  
Years ago

(Mod: You've crossed the line...)

Reply #114668 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Why should a sports "star"..out for a night out on the town have to pout up with being abused by some mindless knob just because the knob thinks he can?

Say you worked at Hungry Jacks, and went out for a night at The Stag, and someone who you didnt serve quick enough gets all up in your face "oh nice slow service "....just isnt going to happen.

I wouldnt imagine Isaac gets abused by the valet at Ayres House when parking the Ferrari "I couldnt get on the 6ers site last week, what a useless little sh!t you are"...

Have we forgotten the little knob jockey of a Crows fan who got in Dean Brogans face at the airport???

Once again, why should sports professionals have to put up with sledging away from the game by someone who thinks they are better than said player?

And cheezeburger have you ever been offered to try out for a NBL team, let alone make one??? If not, what gives you the right to sledge someone who has? Jealousy for not having the talent to make it?

Reply #114673 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

It might have been more appropriate to show concern over his injury and perhaps ask him if he was getting better and when he expected to play again. No doubt the Sixers are having a hard time this year and feeling the pressure of it. No need to be rude about it right in their face.

Reply #114677 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

I agree EC. Cheezeburger, you made a mistake mate. Its actually not a huge deal at all. But what were you thinking making a thread about it? From what I have heard Copeland is decent guy. No need to try and put his character through the mud.

Reply #114679 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Yogee, why should a sports star out for a night out on the town get women, free drinks, free entry just because they are a sports star? They are human like us! So they should just expect to be taunted/criticized considering all the benefits they receive. In fact it would be a small price to pay for how well they generally get treated.

I think that players could take the taunting/criticism and turn it into something positive to prove people wrong.

Also it was a poor example to put in Dean Brogan. Are you saying what he did was acceptable? In fact he is now getting punished with it with a criminal record and truly regrets what he did.

Cheezeburger never said he was better then copeland! What does Cheezeburger's basketball skills have anything to do with copeland's inability to play defense yogee?

Isaac just out of interest has Oscar received much taunting that you know of outside of basketball?

Reply #114680 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I think it's an interesting story, Nino, to see a players reaction to it.

Reply #114681 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

You started it, go through with it.

Reply #114683 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

KingJames..where did I say they should get free drinks etc??

I didnt, because I dont think they should. Having said that, being sports professionals means they have a higher profile, so if I owned a business where I could cater to some needs of a sports professional (free meal, drinks etc), having them seen at my establishment would hopefully increase the patronage of my business..so a case of scratch my back etc.

I still dont see how this means they are open to verbal taunts away from the sports field. This then means they are more reluctant to interact with the everyday fan, which then they get labelled as snobs or high and mighty, and the every day fan misses out on possibly interacting with a fan, because yobbos like cheeseburger think it is their right to taunt a player at a pub.

I do not condone what Brogan did, as violence at the end of the day doesnt acheive much...what I was saying is the taunting can lead to dire consequences such as that. I beleive the knob jockey who Brogan "allegedly" (it's still before the courts!) thumped copped a fair bit of criticism at the time from people everywhere (including this forum) for his behaviour.

I will counter my arguement however by acknowledging that if you make the decision to be a sports professional, that there is an element of "public ownership" that goes with the job.

In my refence to cheezeburgers game playing skills, i was purely speculating as to what made him think he had the right to have a go at someone who has attained a much higher ability than him? It's akin to me telling Isaac his web design skills suck when I dont even know the first thing about anything outside of FrontPage...but then it's just my opinion, which aint worth much anyway.

Reply #114688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love how the title reads 'Copeland on edge'...when it should read 'Copeland Provoked'

Reply #114692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love how this thread even still exists.

Or that Cal's Bruton's post does. Or the fact he/she is even allowed to post considering all the crap he'she has written.

Another example how this forum can work for the benifit of all; but then again be full of nothing but crap, slander and little people trying to make out their insignificant lives means more then it does.

Reply #114693 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Actually, I have been verbally abused in public for a comment I've made on this forum.

IMO, Cheeze's comment to Copes was pretty tame. Copes' response wasn't all that ridiculous from the sounds of things. Sounds like a complete non-event to me.

KingJames, Nino is the one who does all the taunting, and then Oscar has to stop him getting killed.

Reply #114694 | Report this post

weave it  
Years ago

cheezeburgers a tough friend to have lately. throwing left jabs, breaking glasses and now this. bloody hell

Reply #114695 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Agreed Isaac - this is a non event of the highest order....

If Copes had grabbed Cheeze and threatened him or something similar then maybe its worth discussing. From the original post all he said was 'what was that mate'.....WHOOPEE
If you bothered to try and talk to him in a civilised manner Cheeze you probably would have found him to be a very personable guy who was wiling to have a chat and he would even be happy to admit his deficiencies in his D this year!

I wonder Cheeze how you would go on a night out in Atlanta if you had a go at every Hawks player who played shite D!

Reply #114697 | Report this post

lil edward  
Years ago

if any of u actually new cheezeburger u wld kno that he is a peverted man with close to no bball knowlege. his attitude is also questionable.

peace out

Reply #114702 | Report this post

Campbell  
Years ago

cheers lil edward, say's it all !

Reply #114703 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Anyone who follows the Atlanta Hawks can't have any basketball knowledge at all

Reply #114707 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

lil edward i dont who you are, so you can keep lifting dumbells over your head and hope you can get higher in life other than a cheap comment to put a human being down.

Reply #114719 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

this issue is about a profesional athlete not being able to handle a few words in public.

Reply #114720 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

MW that must be the most useless comment ever to be posted on this forum.

Tough guy MW saying if you following the hawks you have no bbball knowledge geeze look out for this tough guy!

Reply #114721 | Report this post

sad how cheezeburger comes on to talk about a professional athlete and gets personally attacked. if i were you cheezeburger i'd take this further

Reply #114723 | Report this post

p.s cheezeburgers well aware atlanta are shit. to keep bringing it up is very sad...

Reply #114724 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

good on cheeze sticking with a team even if they do suck... you cant put a price on loyalty

Reply #114726 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Cheeze, you criticised Copeland and now you are being critcised. What's the difference? You don't seem to be handling the criticism at all well judging by your last few posts.

What is wrong with Copes' reaction anyway? Should he do/say nothing? Shows he has pride in his performance IMO.

Oh, and the Atlanta Hawks suck.

Reply #114733 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Ease up cheesedick, just having a bit of fun...Copeland should of knocked you out you clown. Pfft.

Reply #114735 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

"Actually, I have been verbally abused in public for a comment I've made on this forum."

Whoever did that must have serious problems becuase you don't just verbally abuse someone in public for having an opinion.

Reply #114739 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

oi the thedoc your a fool i didnt criticise copeland,if i criticised him i would of said"copeland you cant play d".

btw my hawks are going to have an all star this year-joe johnson!

Reply #114759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't cheeze get arrested for fighting recently???

Reply #114760 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Cheeze, you descibed his reaction as "loose cannon" and that he made a "cheap remark" and that you "feared for your life". Sounds like criticsm to me. Cheeze, you seem to be getting smaller - oh I see, your backpeddling at an alarming rate.

Even Kevin Duckworth was an all-star.

Reply #114773 | Report this post

lil edward  
Years ago

cheezeburger, maybe if u ever lifted a set of dumbells 2 build ur girly arms u wouldnt hav 2 run from Copeland. As if cheezeburger gets arrested 4 violence. he wld loose a fight with a toothpick. thats why u always see him hangin around that muscleman tangles in town.

Reply #114774 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I agree with Isaac. Cheezeburger yelled a cheap shot, Copes reacted. End of story. Nothing more really needs to be said.

Cheeze probably knew it was cheap shot and would get SOME reaction. Now he also seems to be struggling with cheap shots directed at himself. He now seems to be reacting kinda like Copes did. Kinda makes ya think.

I think Atlanta will be good soon, maybe 2025 or so.

Reply #114779 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

i got dad strength lil edward whoever you are

Reply #114781 | Report this post

poppy  
Years ago

has anyone seen cheezeburger on the dance floor. he sweats alot. he must be working hard!

Reply #114784 | Report this post

weave it  
Years ago

(Mod: No more please.)

Reply #114786 | Report this post

Rotate on this  
Years ago

Who is cheezefranger anyway ??

Reply #114788 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

how immature

Reply #114800 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

Cheezy, I DARE you to say that to Dean Brogan.

Reply #114806 | Report this post

Iceman  
Years ago

ive seen cheezeburger he doesnt have dad strength just letting people know

Reply #114835 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Just be glad you didn't talk smack to Stephen Jackson when he used to play for Sydney, he might have popped a cap in yo' ass.

Reply #114857 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

why oh why did i read all of this

Reply #114860 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

No you are right I retract all of my comments and admit I....

do sweat a lot on the dancefloor
do have girly arms
do support a shitty NBA team
do become hypocritical

Reply #114873 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

You forgot two more...

am oversensitive
do antagonise NBL players

Reply #114891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also

go to The Stag voluntarily.

Reply #114894 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Consider "for every action, there is a reacation." Best considered before actions are taken.

Reply #114915 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
Confucius

Reply #114919 | Report this post

world b free  
Years ago

Do have an offensive odour

Reply #114926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't it great that the posts that get the most topics are the ones that just contain a whole lot of crap!!

Reply #114969 | Report this post

Iceman  
Years ago

World B Free you are a Maverick

Reply #115053 | Report this post

lil edward  
Years ago

i wanna take back my hurtfull coments towards that little aussie croation battler we call cheezeburger. He is a nice person with above normal strength in his arms. i think the entire forum owes him an apology, especially poppy.

Reply #115158 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

well some fool posted as me in post (#114873).well let me hear some apologies.......

Reply #115199 | Report this post

bazzman  
Years ago

i was there when you posted cheezeburger don't you remember. oh geez. you must have had your mind on serbs v croats at the tennis

Reply #115205 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:49 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754