Anonymous
Years ago

Handle Mags Top 10 NBL Players

Just picked up the latest handle issue, and they had a segment on their top 10 rated nbl players.
They had...
1)Cortez Groves
2)Sammy Mac
3)CJ Bruton
4)Chris Anstey
5)Shawn Redhage
6)Carlos Powell
7)Darryl Macdonald
8)Brad Newley
9)Martin Cattalini
10)Mike Helms

I think a majority of the players included in this top 10 is round the mark, but Carlos Powell at no. 6, how does that work???!!! And how does Brett Maher not get a spot. In my opinion he is a much better pg then cj and d-mac. Im not sure if they meant to do it in an ordered manner or simply just included the top 10. But nevertheless i think some names in the top 10 are disputable. Thoughts??

Topic #10037 | Report this topic

123abc  
Years ago

last year Mahersy would have been number 1.

Reply #114687 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Wasnt this a thread a week ago?

Reply #114689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ohhh really, sorry to all if it was. My mistake.

Reply #114690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maher isnt that good. your all biased. cj at the moment is 3 times brett maher, and d-mac not far behind. besides they both run winning sides, unlike maher at the sixers

Reply #114700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and mike helms is outside the top 20

Reply #114701 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

Yeh Cj runs the show doesnt he u wan*# ananymous, I WONDER WHY THE HELL HE HAS GOT A WINNING TEAM AT THE MOMENT??? MMMMMM lets ccccccc IT WOULDNT BE BEACAUSE HE CURERENTLY HAS Bradke, Rychart,Black, Mackinnon, Ebi ere, Mick Hill, and a new up and comer williamson , geee CJ wouldnt have to do much on that team to get it to win. If u slotted Maher in that team im sure the results would be no different, in my honest opinion Maher is a better player than Cj and always will be. i mean he is averagin 18 or 19 pts a game and is the highest assist player in the league. So there ya go anonymous.

Reply #114705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are two completely different players. Mahersy is more of a 2 guard and can shoot much better than CJ but CJ runs a team more like a point guard!! Not saying MAhersy cant do it its just he is a better scorer so isnt a true PG!!!

Reply #114708 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I just checked out the top ten in assists in the NBL. They were
1. Maher
2. Groves
3. Redhage
4. DMac
5. Mee
6. Saville
7. Rillie
8. Gardner
9. Kendall
10.Hammer
Dont see CJ in there.

Reply #114738 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Maher not only can score but he create.

AND i said LAST YEAR (meaning last season). He was number 1 on Carfinos top 10.

"BEACAUSE HE CURERENTLY HAS Bradke,"
"BECAuse he cuRRENtly has BradTke"

I am sorry i could not resist.

Reply #114743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh and cj can't "score and create" either?

Reply #114782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and carfino left carlos powell out of the all-star team so he'd be a good judge

Reply #114783 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

first of all thankyou billups 1.

Second... BRETT MAHER IS NOT A FRICKIN 2 GUARD!!! he is more of a true point guard than anyone in the league, he leads the league in assists for godsake and if the bullets had maher instead of CJ they would be an even better team.

and anon#700 we are not biased... but the stats sure are, and as we know they dont lie:
Maher: 19,5,7
CJ: 14,3,4

GAME OVER.

Reply #114789 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Anon, Carf actually wanted Powell in the All-Star game, but Cal Bruton and Andrew Gaze didn't...

Reply #114791 | Report this post

Ryno  
Years ago

Maher is not a point guard!!! He is a 2 guard who can score, penetrate and get his team mates open!! Just because he has more assists doesnt mean he is a better point guard!!!

Reply #114792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maher shits on CJ. Bruton could sit on the bench all game and the bullets would win by as much. Maher is one of the greats, and is as clutch as they come.

Reply #114827 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

The Bullets have too many good players so CJ doesn't stand out as much, but he doesn't even compare to Maher. Maher creates, hits 3'like it's a layup for him (usually) and Brett is also an outstanding leader.

Reply #114887 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Both good players, but I think Maher is better right now.

Reply #114889 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

I SAID GAME OVER, geez

lol

but seriusly the guy's a frikin PG.

Reply #115085 | Report this post

fudgeman  
Years ago

1) Powell
2) Redhage
3) Mackinnon
4) Maher
5) Newley
6) Anstey
7) Cattalini
8) Rogers
9) Ellis
10) Saville

CJ around about 50

Reply #115262 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:15 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754