Years ago

South ABA in 2005

i am sure a lot of you will thik this is a joke, but i will persist anyway.
i think south are as good a shot as any other team next year to win the title. equal favourites in my book with eastern.
reasoning.....well a few new players are the main reason...2 very good mt gambier players, as well as possibly some local proven abl talent. link that with scanlon, kent, blight, thur...and you have a very good 7 or 8.
matt davies, mckenzie...these guys are going to be deep...frost??

Topic #1004 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

So, is Kent staying at South then?

Reply #11157 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

They won't be going no where without a point guard. Where is Danny K gone? Who is going to pass the ball to all these guys?

You're also tripping if you think Eastern and South are the favourites without knowing who is and isn't playing for the other teams. Forestville has Dix coming back, Sutton coming up??? Norwood, with Thommo back, Sapa guiding the, I would say they are the favourites.

Sure, South should be better than what they were last year, but, c'mon, they still have some head cases in their team. North reserves would have done better than South in last years ABL

Reply #11166 | Report this post

who's coming from Mt Gambier ?

isn't Mt Gambier's team coming to Central ABL instead of SEABL, in 2005 ?

Reply #11177 | Report this post

sideline  
Years ago

but remember ball/fans panther stated
only a few threads ago,they have no
problem's,they haven't had a good point guard since p.j left,
and ur on the head count, and they have a new coach? so we wait and see!!!they have a long way 2 go,

Reply #11194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

northerner, surely you would know/understand you dont need a point gaurd to run the show....even you could hobble up the floor with the ball

Reply #11196 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

So are you trying to tell me that Kosmider is not a good point guard??? A guy who has lead or at least been in the top three for assists in about the last 5 or 6 seasons?? Won golden hands award in the past???

Reply #11197 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

Kent is going to Sturt. Danny is staying at South. One of the Mt Gambier boys fell through. South will be up their with a little ego control.

Reply #11198 | Report this post

Snoopa Loop  
Years ago

Spoke to the Sturt coach and he didn't know anything of Kent playing for Sturt. Said they had spoken to him and that was it. Once again Kent is blowin smoke up his own ....There is so much shit talked on this site about who's playing where and seriously until the first game it's all talk!

Reply #11201 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

well that came from the horses mouth

Reply #11206 | Report this post

Years ago

kent will be at south, but you are right, at least one of the 2 guys from mt gambier is in a little doubt, but is still probably coming. depends on work. i am telling you...south top 3!!
these will not be the only new guys.

Reply #11225 | Report this post

Jay  
Years ago

Kent to North. Confirmed.

Reply #11230 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

Yes they will. Name names if you are going to allude to the fact that they have new players coming. Kent will not be playing for south he has already told the coach this!

Reply #11232 | Report this post

Snoopa Loop  
Years ago

Kent is playing at North and Superman will be at Sturt, he's splitting his time up...

Reply #11233 | Report this post

hoopn  
Years ago

maybe Panther can confirm this...

Reply #11234 | Report this post

Years ago

this is absolute hoo haa!!
you guys talk so much rubbish.

Reply #11235 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

13, What makes you in the know? I can tell you I am directly involved with the team and Simon Kent is no longer a player at South Adelaide.

Reply #11240 | Report this post

ShutUp!!!  
Years ago

Informer is correct, I was going to post this earlier but got sidetracked by work.

Kelly Manning informed the players before last weeks game (those that didn't already know that is!!!) that Simon has agreed to terms with North and will be cleared with South's best wishes for his future Basketball Career.

Reply #11245 | Report this post

D-lin  
Years ago

Hmm, South might be alright now that Kent is gone. Is North paying for his hair products too?

Reply #11248 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

How's that North salary cap looking then?

Reply #11251 | Report this post

headsup  
Years ago

hambour will be spewing having kent in his way and taking his minutes

Reply #11273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North can have Kent, I dont think he was all that. I would like to see Dylan Hicks back at south. Any one know what he is up to ?

Reply #11275 | Report this post

sideline  
Years ago

we on the side wish simon all the best he is a good baller,and one of two players at south who have nothing to prove,re; mr kosmider a point guard player he may be,but to how good is a matter of opinion,he tends to run better with his mouth,

Reply #11280 | Report this post

ogga bogga  
Years ago

Kosmider is shit, just ask him, he'l tell ya!!!!!!

Reply #11295 | Report this post

bradbury  
Years ago

sorry sideline, who is the other player at south who has nothing to prove? Im still trying to work out what kent has proved? nothing! Koz may talk but is one of the most popular ballers in the league.

Reply #11297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

with Kent gone South has another slot open for an import..ha ha

(Mod: Hehehe.)

Reply #11306 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

We have been informed that Kent has left to go and play for North although he has been telling a few people he's going to play for Sturt. He's left the Panther Lair without really talking to any of the players about it which is disappointing but it's his decision and the club wishes him all the best wherever he goes. To where exactly i'm not 100% sure, the club though was told it was North. Maybe someone from North or Sturt can clear this up???

Reply #11312 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

Either way he will be a back to Foreman or Hambour

Reply #11315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He wasn't at Sturt training last night.

Reply #11324 | Report this post

post d  
Years ago

Kent at 5, hambour at 4 theres 2 of the top 4 rebounders in the abl this year.Add to that the quality guards and bigs they have, the Rockets will be as tough as any team in the comp next year.
Forestville, Norwood will both be around the mark and Eastern/Woodville if their studs return.Should be a quality season!

Reply #11327 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

Who will woodville have next year?
Bradley gone
Ng overseas
Graves shin splints
Whitmore retired
other Ng injured
Vandenberg West?
Puddifoot Sturt?

Reply #11328 | Report this post

Mid Court Screen  
Years ago

It will be interesting who starts at North if Kent does go there. I'd assume that Hawkes, Mckay, Hambour, Kent, Ben Grover, Tim Groves, Zorich, Burdon would all be looking at a starting position, and they still have to find minutes for Quigley, Franchesina, Keys, hastings and others. Think a few egos might get in the way of each other out at the crest this season! Could be their downfall!

Reply #11372 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

Groves brothers aren't playing next season

Reply #11374 | Report this post

Years ago

call me ignorant, but would someone tell me what burdon has ever done at aba level.....and how he would even be looking at starting in front of most of those guys.

Reply #11376 | Report this post

Mid Court Screen  
Years ago

deak...how sure are you that the Groves boys arn't playing?

Ben Groves was their best player I thought last year, and Tim gives them defence intensity which they will miss. Having said that, I belive they have the depth to cover them. I think their youngsters are ready to take on more minutes.

Reply #11405 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Erik hit 7 3s in one ABL game last season. He has consistently proven over his junior and senior career that he can score at will when he gets hot.

At U16 Nationals he was SA Metro's leading scorer, and a reserve for All Oz camp. At U18 Nationals he was a more-than-handy 2nd option behind Newley and averaged about 17ppg I think.

I'm also told he had a very solid season in reserves.

He's been U20 MVP two seasons in a row.

I think he's got a few credentials to at least be considered a solid ABL level player.

Reply #11406 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

When we're talking Kent, I assume it's not the Clark variety. Watched Superman the other night and I'm sure he'd be handy in a basketball uniform.

As for Simon Kent, I heard that talks between him and the green machine were fruitful last summer. I wouldn't rule him out wearing a Woodville singlet - heck, with all their departing players, they'll sure be able to afford him!

Reply #11426 | Report this post

checkin  
Years ago

others are hanging from the hoops at south but hey! there's no problems,

Reply #11443 | Report this post

Snoopa Loop  
Years ago

What do you mean others are hanging from the hoops???

Reply #11459 | Report this post

bradbury  
Years ago

Sideline, no comment on my previous post? what has Kent done? and who is the other person you mentioned has nothing to prove? i think the entire south team needs to prove something this year!!!!!!!!!

Reply #11484 | Report this post

checkin  
Years ago

no argue's there,c what play's out,

Reply #11577 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:13 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754