huzzah
Years ago

Farley status not clear??

"Copes should be back for New Zealand and Nashy was still a little sore on Friday but with the weekend off and the type of injury it is, we'd expect he'd be right as well," Smyth said.

But Smyth still is unsure whether Farley will play, taking the unusual step of sending his import back to Adelaide from Perth before Friday's match.

"We were trying to speed up the recovery," was how Smyth described that decision.

Farley apparently hurt the ankle in Wednesday's 99-111 home loss to Cairns.

"He said he trod on someone's foot during the game," Smyth said. "It swelled up on the plane to Perth. We'll have a clearer picture on where it's at tomorrow."

________

'Unsure', 'unusual step', 'apparently', 'he said.'

Sounds a bit sus or is it just me??

When other players [Nashy, Copeland, Wheeler] have gone down it isnt reported as 'apparently
and
'he said' .

Topic #10040 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I would say that Farley's status is very clear just that the action required will take part at the seasons end not now.

Reply #114741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kent i am sure the status isn't as clear as you think, and you seem to be suggesting that he will be gone by the end of the season. I think a wise decision would be to evaluate your comment and be a little more diplomatic about your comment, however i do think a team reveiw including coaching staff will be done at seasons end and there will changes for sure.

Reply #114744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Farley is gone after this season

Reply #114747 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Farley will not be a sixer next year, is that clearer for you anon?

Reply #114751 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

The Smyth/Nagy history of little comments in articles generally negative re players towards the end of the season means only one thing....he's gone.

Reply #114753 | Report this post

Camsurmo  
Years ago

Thanks for the Memories Willy.
I Can still remember the 2002 Playoffs like they were yesterday.
Hope to see ya back next year with Another Import that is a bruiser inside (C.Powell). those 2 looked close at the allstar game.
I can cross my fingers

Reply #114756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny how Boti only wants to quote what he has been told...
Given some evidence {flatter jump shot, lower shooting %, compression bandage on arm...} maybe Willie has been playing wih another injury like an elbow that they are trying to hide.

Reply #114757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

willie will be back and carlos powell would be another great fit for the team, what a great combo. Horvath has to go, along with timmons,copeland,nash,and maybe mastrovich. Still not clear kent, your sources may not be that reliable. or is this info just your opinion

Reply #114758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sources are as good as you are going to get. Willie wont be back

Reply #114761 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Why would they hide an injury with a sleeve? Wouldn't that make it obvious?

Reply #114762 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

anon why would you cut Horvath? Willie is out whether he jumps or is pushed is yet to be seen.

Reply #114763 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

From a medical point of view it would sound right though.If his ankle did swell up due to the flight over, which is very realistic, there would be no point for him to hang around, get the swelling down and then jump on the plane back with the team when it could potentially do the same thing on the way back increasing more time to getting the injury right. Why not throw him on a plane while ASAP and then start to get swelling down once he's home. Your decreasing the length of time the ankle is swollen. Sounds pretty straight forward to me.
The other thing is, it is hard for a physician to correctlyassess an injury while the swelling is up. Reduce the swelling and then assess it. Thus giving us an answer of "unsure" right at this point in time.
Most times you know how bad an ankle is when you do the injury, so I would say this is just a small inflammation that will go down quite quickly with some treatment and we will all see Willie back on the court this week.

Reply #114764 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

May be AI has been injured all these years too?

Reply #114765 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I should've ended that post... a.k.a Dr Panther!!!

Reply #114766 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Panther, you can't deny that the choice of wording is curious, though.

Reply #114768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For all you guys thinking it's his elbow...

Why is he exactly wearing the arm sleeve? During the game against the tigers he wore it on his left arm as seen in a pic on NBL.com

Yet at home games he wears the arm sleeve on his right arm...

Reply #114775 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe that's how the injury is being hidden - through confusion. ;)

Had noticed as well that it changed sides and wondered if it was something he was doing as a mental aid - make a change for motivational reasons, etc.

Reply #114777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well I was certainly confused when I noticed the mysterious changing side arm sleeve.

Seems like black is worn on the right, white is worn on the left.

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw it changing sides. I had to keep checking to make sure the image wasn't mirrored.

Reply #114778 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

"boti only seems to quote what eh has been told"

Umm, you cant quote something you havent been told...its called slander or libel!

Reply #114780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yogee, that has never, ever stopeed Boti!

Reply #114785 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Yogee

You can quote something you have been told. As long as it is true. Truth is a defence for Libel or Slander in Australia. Truth isn't a defence for the same in the good ole US of A.

Signed
Sturty6ers QC

Reply #114793 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

He's performance has been better with the arm sleeve than without.

Reply #114796 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I thought Boti's article was pretty fair, other than I'll point out that the list of Sixers missing with injury shouldn't include Wheeler and Hill, as these guys have been replaced with Timmons and Sutton. I thought Wheeler could only come back if we cut one of Nash, Cooper, or Majstrovich (please be Nash!)?

As for the discussion about whether or not Farley plays better with the sleeve on his arm, he plays better the nights when both his head and heart are in the game, ok when one of them is, and like crap when he leaves both at home. The sleeve doesn't have much to do with it.

Reply #114823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would love to see powell in adelaide, but think itd b very unlikely. He's too good to be playing in this league. Surely he'll head overseas.

Reply #114828 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:05 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754