thedoctor
Years ago

Newley Closer to NBA

After his great game on the weekend, the Hawks scout sees Newley as a potential first rounder depending on his workouts ahead of next year's draft.

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=4515

Anybody else think Newley's game has matured in the second half of this season? His FG% is up and turnovers are down, the two main weaknesses in his game IMO.

Topic #10043 | Report this topic

Ryno  
Years ago

I think he has a much better chance of getting drafted this upcoming draft due to the college class of athletes not being as strong this year. I think teams would usually draft someone from home but with the lack of standouts this year i think he has a good shot at being drafted!!!

Reply #114790 | Report this post

Pete Newell  
Years ago

Coach K said that the scouting report he was given said that his weakness was his athleticism, but after the game against his USA at the worlds, he would see that that was corrected.
Goorj said he weakness was his turnovers, but Brad has clearly corected that during the season.
Brad will go second round.
International players are highly regarded in the NBA, particularly right now.
3Sixers should start to look at recruiting a saviour from elsewhere.
Recommended is Stef from Nicholls State.

Reply #114813 | Report this post

Keith Hernandez  
Years ago

Lack of standouts!!! Ryno - are you nuts?? This will be one of the best and deapest drafts in the past 10 years (Le Bron's class aside) . All the high school kids who were ineligible last yr are now college freshmen and will be coming out.

I hope Smitty gets drafted, but there is a ton of competition for spots this year - more so than last year.

Reply #114818 | Report this post

Iceman  
Years ago

Newleys stock is always rising on NBAdraft.net he is currently projected to go 39.

the depth in the draft really depends on who stays in college and who doesnt there is rumour of Greg Oden wanting to stay in College for a few years but apparently his confidence grew when he was invited out to the Team USA trials.

Reply #114843 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Yeah - i am befuddled as to how this will be a weak draft... all of the high schoolers that would have gone in '06 will now have a year of college under their belts - if anything this will be one of the best drafts for a while i'd say... as far as having guys ready from the get go...

Reply #114846 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:34 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754