Anonymous
Years ago

NEW BIG MAN TO TRAIN WITH SOUTHERN TIGERS

A new BIG man will train with southern tigers very soon, may cause a few headaches for the coach in the upcoming season if he signs with the team, considering they have a couple of big guys already.....

Topic #10062 | Report this topic

Tony Blair  
Years ago

Is he so big he required capitals

're: NEW BIG MAN TO TRAIN WITH SOUTHERN"

or is he just deaf?

Reply #114971 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I'm sure we've already read this little rumour once before. How about if it's such BIG news you give us a name???

Reply #114984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Say bye bye to Dan Lalic then!

Reply #115007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is it? anyone know

Reply #115015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will it help them get off the bottom of the ladder?

Reply #115021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing will help them with that, they will be battling for the wooden spoon again! They had a lot of hype about a new big last year but he turned out a waste of space and i see this as only hype, as how can a club that is in debt of 90k plus be able to pay anyone. Just usual talking up of a team that is full of non talented players.

Reply #115044 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

TB deserved a ball, very funny, well amused me anyway.

Reply #115057 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

He's 6 foot 10 and about 125 kilos apparently. An ex wrestler with basketball experience..
but don't expect Dan Lalic to go anywhere, he'll still start.

Reply #115123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin Nash is playing for Southern?

Reply #115126 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

It's gotta be THE GAME!!!! Triple H!

Reply #115134 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Lockstock,you said "apparently" he's 6'10 and weighs 125kgs...Is this because you haven't seen him yet?
Is that because he hasn't trained?
Is it because you haven't been at training???
Or is it just maybe that this is simply a Bigfoot sighting??????

Reply #115140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt Alexander?

:p

Reply #115146 | Report this post

Upside  
Years ago

Is it Bowley with a boob job and a few extra kilos in the offseason?

naah

Reply #115149 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

haven't seen him Panther.. prob never will.
Just heard stories, he hits his first training sometime this month apparently.
Bigfoot was sighted down your pants wasn't he?

Reply #115161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So whats this costing Southern? I hope not a lot after the club has just asked all members to pay $100 to the club to help get rid of the debt.

Reply #115167 | Report this post

the coach  
Years ago

I can assure you if this big man can sort out his work/time commitments and start training it will only be adding depth to the squad and allowing players like Dan Lalic the chance to compete against a guy thats bigger and stronger than him.

This Big man will not be the turning point for this team ot the league, merely a solid contributor. Enough of the over hype, its boring.

As for the poster that believes there is no talent at Southern.... im sure you would be a walk up starter and league MVP. right?

As for the club being in monstrous debt.... come to the AGM and here the real truth and details about those figures. With BA taking over BASA all former negotiations were considered null and void. All clubs are in the same boat so pull your head in.

Southern were the only club EVER to offer free uniforms in the process of a merger that involved aquiring the debt of another club, not just their players and parents.

The club is in the best shape its been in for years, this doesnt mean they will win the title, but it does mean the ship is sailing in the right direction, it certainly isnt sinking.

I will accept all criticisms of the ABA team and the club at the half way point of the season, not Jan. 17

Reply #115206 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Nice work coach, hope you guys have a good season, you know i'll always have a bit of a soft spot for the old tigers!

Reply #115271 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I think it's Nathan Jawai. Tigers and Taipans sound kind of similar, they're both basketball teams in Australia - it's an easy mistake for the kid to make.

Reply #115272 | Report this post

Assistant Coach  
Years ago

Your a suck Panther
First you are demanding a name? and now you are backing down.

Reply #115283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just curious coach to know that if you guys have no debt and all debt was wiped off, why did the president send a letter asking for every player to pay $100 to help wipe of the debt? Also did seniors have to pay this $100 as well?

We heard how great your big man was last year and that was a flop, so why would this be any different? I hope he doesn't winge as much as Alexander did.

Reply #115286 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Coach, it was my understanding all club debt to BASA was transfered to BSA. Is that legal advice you have had or from BSA?

Reply #115287 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I'm not backing down at all, I just don't see the point in continuing to ask what his name is when it's obvious it's such a BIG secret!!!
I've asked a couple of times now with no response, does this mean your going to let everyone know???

Reply #115294 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Pather, Its Daniel Boone.

Reply #115300 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

(8) Daniel Boone was man, he was a BIG man (8)

lets all singalong with Sween

Reply #115301 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

And here are the lyrics...

Daniel Boone was a man. Yes a big man.
With an eye like an eagle and as tall as a mountain was he.
He was brave, he was fearless and as tough as a mighty oak tree.

From the coonskin cap on the top of ol Dan to the heel of his rawhide shoe
The rippin'est roarin'est fightin'est man the frontier ever knew.

And he fought for America to make all Americans free.
What a Boone. What a wonder. What a dream.

My apols to Panther on the name typo.

I'm interested in getting a coonskin cap into a ball uniform though. Can Southern help?

Reply #115304 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

hope that's a racoon skin cap

rawhide shoes might slip on court though

Reply #115308 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

lol fantastic!

Reply #115316 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I think you guys have misunderstood what "coach" is saying. Merely saying that a few clubs might be in some financial difficulty, not just Southern, as previous arrangements with BASA are now void and the full debt is owed to BSA. Is that correct "coach"?

Reply #115321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The club has asked for help from its families, so the debt can be cleared. As a parent at the club I know the facts as I did go to the AGM and anyone needing to be enlightened only need ask a committee member. Once the debt is cleared the club will go on upward as our list of coaches is one of the best in years. Good to see some interest in the upcoming ABL season but I thought the rules on this forum were no sniping at clubs- this topic seems to have started its usual slide into that area again. Good luck coach- the club will be out in force again this season behind you and also the wonderful girls team who hopefully will go that next step to the top.

Reply #115346 | Report this post

the Coach  
Years ago

That would be correct Doctor.

Reply #115354 | Report this post

Bill Jones  
Years ago

Hey Coach, so big deal... We all know Dean Uhtoff is coming out of retirement. He is happy to play for a 2kg feed of spag bol, after each game, made from some poor old southern woman, who has had to break from whittling wood on the porch. He will fit in a treat down south me thinks!!!!

Reply #115547 | Report this post

the coach  
Years ago

Have you been in the crack jar again bill?

Dont be bagging the Southern after game feed... best in the league, hands down.

Reply #115567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the only big man worth watching this year will be Rychart at North, other bigs wont compare to him

Reply #115568 | Report this post

Bill Jones  
Years ago

C'mon coach. Best after game meal has to be at the nest!! Those Vili Eagles put on a great show. If it hasn't got a v it's not for me...mmmmm Kransky time!!!

Reply #115695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have heard rumours that the big guy is in fact an import and is still waiting for his working visa to be cleared. How much truth is there to this rumour?

Reply #116252 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

is the new player playing for the club as part of his parole agreement or does it come under the work for the dole scheme

Reply #116258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

booga you crack head it is the work for the scheme!

Reply #116420 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:44 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754