Isaac
Years ago

36ers need plan for Timmons

Fans following the 36ers this season will be aware that development player Matt Sutton was brought into the line-up for an injured Brad Hill.

Then, Marcus Timmons replaced Brett Wheeler out with a calf injury.

However, with Wheels looking to return after the next two games, something has to give.

Boti has outlined some options in his article today.

Either they cut someone, or they head into a possible play-off berth having rotated players in and out of the squad - the latter being a risky proposition, messing with continuity and so on.

Topic #10067 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Willie here is your ticket home, Marcus step on up.

Reply #115164 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

cant see that happening, i would rather play willie under duress if thats the issue with him than drop him when we still have a slight chance to make the playoffs.

Reply #115172 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

would you realy replace Farley to keep Timmons???, i wouldnt like if they want to replace Farley i think they would need to get another import, which cant be done til next season, to keep Timmons i would personally drop Nash if someone has to be dropped, but what happened to the Cooper and Wheeler pay cut idea?? is that still possible then they can keep everyone and just pick 10 on game nights without using injury waivers

Reply #115174 | Report this post

Dr Injury  
Years ago

your Dreaming Jonno,
I wish though.
you dont want to drop Nash he plays with heart drop Wheeler hes done nothing but got injured all year.
I Like Nash's Hustle.

Reply #115180 | Report this post

Danger Mouse  
Years ago

If it was choice between Wheeler and Timmons I think I would have to stick with Timmons. Horvath and Cooper playing decent at the minute minimises the need for Wheeler.

Reply #115261 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

im pretty sure that no1 is goin nowhere and that several players took pay cuts to keep timmons on the team for the rest of the season. well thats what i heard

Reply #115314 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:15 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754