Isaac
Years ago

36ers and NBL results last night

Two games last night in the NBL - Hawks beat the Crocs by 18 and the Tigers got the Slingers by seven in Singapore.

The win puts the Hawks in eighth with a 10-15 record while the Slingers drop to ninth with 10-16 (level with the 36ers' 10-16).

Adelaide would've preferred that the Crocs had won as Wollongong and Singapore are our primary threats right now - with both these teams, we have a tied season series and a deciding game on their respective home courts.

Obviously the game that will really help or hinder Adelaide is tonight's match-up with the Breakers in New Zealand - a very winnable game on the Breakers' recent form.

Later this week, the Hawks visit the Bullets in another game that should help Adelaide. On the same night, the 36ers can give themselves a real boost if they can top the beatable Sydney Kings.

And for anyone who has been following the prospects of the NZ Breakers, check out this article on KiwiHoops where Piet Van Hasselt speaks with former Tall Blacks coach Tab Baldwin - there is a bit of a summary to start, and then the full piece. I thought it was an excellent assessment of the challenges facing the Breakers this year, and why Carlos Powell might not be quite the asset you would suspect:

point the finger at Carlos and say that there are problems centered around the way he's playing
Good quotes on their PG play, why it is difficult for the Breakers to recruit Australian talent, Andrej Lemanis, NZ players, and so on.

Topic #10082 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

One change their Isaac Hawks have already got the season split on us.

It is Slingers and Breakers that we have yet to play the 3rd and deciding games against and both of them are being played away (Breakers tonight).

So we REALLY needed crocs to beat Hawks as we need Hawks to be a game behind us!

Reply #115266 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I reckon this Breakers game is going to be the 'easiest' match for the 36ers for the rest of the season. If they don't win it, it's really going to be an uphill battle from there.

Reply #115268 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

IMO, if we don't win tonight, we definately don't deserve to be in the finals...Especially when the 2 expansion teams have out played us for the whole season.

Reply #115282 | Report this post

Lockie  
Years ago

It would be handy to get the split on the Dragons too, who the sixers play in Geelong (I think), as I believe the both teams may be able to finish on the same amount of wins. Not sure on the Dragons run home though.

Reply #115297 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Ha and I got it wrong too it is Slingers and Dragons that are yet to be decided.

Reply #115320 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Believe that the Hawks and Slingers have massive potential to self destruct. Our season is in our own hands. The Breakers game IS a final for the 36ers tonight. With the hawks likely to lose to the Bullets, we can put all kinds of pressure on the Gong. Think we should beat Sydney as well. HUGE ROUND FOR THE 36ers.

Reply #115331 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:10 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754