123abc
Years ago

Pre-season Sixers

I know it isn't pre-season yet but knowing that Farley will leave and possibly Maher, what could the Sixers do?

Who do you think the Sixers will re-sign? Who will leave? Who will retire?

What imports could replace Farely?

What players want to comeback to Adelaide? What players are free this pre season? and should Sixers re-sign Maher on an improved salary if someone younger is available? What young guys will come in next year?

Mee a possibility?
Pero a possibility?

Topic #10094 | Report this topic

Kwest  
Years ago

I wouldnt want Mee replacing Maher. Too old to be any sort of a long term replacement.

Reply #115468 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

wouldn't be a replacement but as an addition to the Sixers team.

Reply #115471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Make Ninnis head coach, get him to use his contact with Abney and have a front line of Abney and Horvath. Abney a hard nose defender(God knows we need that) and Horvath the finess offensive player. Bring all the Adelaide kids back that have left or didnt sign because of Phil and chase Matt Nielson with a truck load of cash to get him to play back in oz, much the same way as to what Cairns did with Cat.

Reply #115473 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

-Farley
-Maher
-Cash (extra for paying Nielson maz)

+Abney
+Nielson

Is Wheeler signed?
Isn't Nielson a power forward? That would be 3 power forwards playing 2 positions each rated 10 points.

Reply #115475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pitty the sixers are low on cash and mel doesn't want to spend big $$$

Reply #115480 | Report this post

grindog  
Years ago

C:Schenscher
PF: Powell
SF: Import
SG: Newley
PG: Maher

Bench
Cooper
Sutton
Hill
Mastrovich
Copeland

I smell a championship :-P

Reply #115482 | Report this post

Years ago

Pero is a waste of Space, 123Abc

Reply #115483 | Report this post

oracle  
Years ago

need new talent - look at any team that has done well.

they bring in quality unscouted new players - not old school, scouted to death players.

time to go overseas as per previous talent searches.

unfortunately you will only get what you pay for

Reply #115484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

grindog's team looks good (dunno how realistic that is) but i'd change Copeland for Ng in that lineup

Reply #115493 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Is Wheeler signed on for next year?

Reply #115504 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Grindogs team,. by my reckoning woould break points cap

Schenscher - automatic 10
Powell - 10
Import - 10
Newley - 10 (Boomers player)
Maher - 5 (for loyalty discounts)

Cooper I would suggest is a 7 (I cant find the doscument that showed what players got rated this serason)
Sutton I would suggest would be rated at least 3 for next season
Hill I would rate at 4 with discounts
AJ would be a 6 or 7
Copes is a 7 (and that wont get rated down next season)

That makes a rating of 72/73...I know the salary cap is going up next season...what about points?

IMO, your guard component also lacks in experience....in fact the whole team lacks a bit apart from Maher and Copes...needs another seasoned player in there, someone in the mould of Davidson or Egan...

Reply #115509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maher and Copeland are veterans.
Newley (in that team) is pretty experienced by now.

Next season would be Hill's 3rd or 4th season?

I don't think the guard component lacks experience at all

Reply #115532 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

u r kidding urselves even discussing a team like that, newls and carlos r goin NBA and even if carlos was still here we wouldnt get him. and pero is certainly not a waste of space i'd take him as a starting C over Coops actually.

Reply #115537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My Team

If Maher Leaves

1. P. Mills (AIS) Entice
2. Peter Crawford
3. Import 10pts
4. Horvath 10pts
5. Sam Harris (??pts) Entice

Bench
Hill
Drew Williamson (Metro State POY)
Cooper
Egan
Sutton

Don't even know if it is possible this team but would love to see it.

Thoughts??

Reply #115545 | Report this post

grindog  
Years ago

Heck guys, I was joking when I put that team up. As much as I would love that team, I know there is no chance of it happening!

Reply #115581 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yogee, why would Schenscher be an automatic 10?

Hasn't played for the Boomers AFAIK and isn't returning to the NBL.

The automatic 10 is for restricted players (imports), NBL players returning from overseas (doesn't fit him, as technically he hasn't played in the NBL, so he's not returning), and those who have made the Boomers squad.

AFAIK.

Reply #115593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there a chance we could get abney?? Why would he want to leave townsville? Is he out of contract?

Reply #115598 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

Didin't Schenscher play in that ill-fated NZ debacle when Phil was coaching the Boomers?

Reply #115613 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I wonder if we could bring in Groves to replace Farley and Saville to replace Nash and Wheeler?? as with the situation in Wollongong with the coaching un rest and all that it may be a good time to attempt to poach them, id definatly make Sav an offer anyway,

C Cooper
PF Horvath (or different import Fwd)
SF Saville
SG Groves
PG Maher
6 Ng
7 Majstrovich
8 Sutton
9 Hill
10 a big guy (depending on cap space)(go for Schenscher or Moore first and put them into the starting spot if successful)

I reckon that team would be ok and probably can be done under the cap

obviously if u can get Newley go for it and if it has to be done i would prob take him instead of either Groves or Saville, maybe keep Saville sign Newley and a cheaper import off the bench or something

Reply #115638 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

It would be a championship winning team Jonno but is Groves out of contract? Same for Saville? And do they want to switch teams?

However, Nash is signed on for next year so we are stuck with him.

Reply #115642 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

yea not sure about Groves or Savilles contracts or if they would want to leave but id definatly ask the question as you never know, and with Nash they will either keep him as a back up maybe in 10 spot on the roster i named above or buy out his contract or something, i wouldnt mind either way but he definatly isnt upto starting 5 standard anymore

Reply #115674 | Report this post

Graeme LeBroy  
Years ago

Hot Tips:

Nielson @ Dragons
Groves @ Gold Coast

Reply #115691 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

If they are willing to pay Farley out to cut him then they should be willing to do the same for Nash.

Reply #115699 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Anyone know what's happening for the revamp of the Dome pre-season?

I'll be able to say when i find out at March but anyone know?

Reply #115711 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Jonno, its against NBL rules to try and poach players from other clubs now. Their own club have to be given first opportunity to secure them. Didn't the 36ers report a complaint to the NBL just a few days ago about another club trying to talk to Maher?

Reply #115725 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Isaac, I would have thought he would get rated a 10 for his overseas factor.

But I could be wrong, after all the points things isnt the most transparent activity around.

Reply #115730 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I meant poach Saville and Groves within the NBL rules of course, i think its 2 weeks after the grand final free agents can be officially approached

Reply #115745 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you wanted those players, you would need to start expressing interest and hinting at prices right now. They are going to be sought after players come free agency.

What did the Crocs get fined for poaching Rillie? From 2004:

Rillie, who recently signed with Townsville, was fined $1,000 for approaching the club while still under contract to the West Sydney Razorbacks.

Townsville was fine $7,500 for not reporting Rillie's approach to the NBL.

Reply #115762 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

If the Sixers wanted to get players maybe they should start early and wear the fine.

Reply #115764 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:40 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754