123abc
Years ago

Latest News - Farley back in two weeks

Channel 10 said that Farley WILL play for the Sixers for the rest of this season atleast and will be back from injury in 2 weeks.

In other news, Wheeler is fine and should play the next Sixers game.

Topic #10147 | Report this topic

Anon-e-mouse  
Years ago

FAN BLOODY TASTIC!!!

Reply #116221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

only to pull up sore and miss the rest of the season

Reply #116227 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Wheeler is coming back? How exciting, we'll surely make the playoffs now (sarcastic)!

Reply #116236 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't blame you for being pessimistic, but Wheeler was actually doing OK before he went out. Won't hurt having him around to soak up some of Horvath's fouls.

Reply #116239 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

A sponge for Horvath's fouls? I knew there was still some usefullness in him. I apologise if I sound like I am blaming Wheeler for his injury woes, I am just so confused as to why the club would take the risk of recruiting such an injury prone player.

Reply #116248 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Shouldve been something in his contract for sure about injury waivers.

As for Farley, whats the point, doubt his mind will be in it, and he'd be pushing it to get much of a farewell from the home crowd. Give the minutes to Sutton and Ng.

But if results go our way this week and we pull of the biggest upset in all the NBL this week, who knows what could happen.

Reply #116250 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC, well, it's not ideal, but you have to admit that the alternatives by that point could have been slim. Who was available? Dench? Burston? Not sure if Derek Moore would play for that money, but might've been worth a thought. Eversteyn? Justin Brown was signed in Perth after we got Wheels, I think.

Of the players familiar to Smyth, he compares OK if healthy.

Could that sort of money have attracted someone like Kickert, Loughton, etc? Or would they have been restricted to rookie-level offers?

Reply #116251 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

wouldnt mind dench

Reply #116257 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Would have rather the club signed Burston than Wheeler. Sure, they have had the very similiar seasons and come with the same baggage. But it would have been easier to swallow if it was Burston who at least will have a future in the league if ever healthy.

It wasn't the track record with injuries alone that made the Wheeler signing crap. It was the injuries combined with the fact he he is a 15 year vet who had been out of the league for a year. Burston is worth the gamble, he's what, 25?

Reply #116269 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:47 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754