Cat

Reply #116287 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

There. I have corrected the name.

Reply #116290 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Did you fail your English class Takstar?

How could you spell Horvath's name wrong when you have been told how to spell it several times.

Your posts are rather annoying aswell.

But Cat for me. He IS my favourite player.

Reply #116296 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cat. Marquee Australian players are very valuable in the NBL.

These two players don't really have a similar game or come at the same price though.

Reply #116298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Horvath - good post player, cant pas out of the post yet and is soft.

Dusty by far the better player and made others better and complimented the system better

Reply #116312 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

#312, was that you EC?

Reply #116329 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

thats like comparing chalk and cheese diffrent posittions diffrent roles

Reply #116332 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

lol Bizzy...

Reply #116333 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

agree with booga,best fix is to have both!!!

Reply #116334 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

And one is Aussie and one is an import. Different recruiting rules apply.

So I would go Cat any day for a 1 on 1 swap, because you would have Cat, plus a free import spot. A complete no brainer.

Reply #116345 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

"Cat. Marquee Australian players are very valuable in the NBL.

These two players don't really have a similar game or come at the same price though"

You can't really compare Aussies to imports - obviously good Aussies are more valuable. If Horvath gained New Zealand residency this may change however. As you say they have different games so it is too hard to compare them - it depends on who else is on the team.

If it was just a straight swap, I'd still stick with Horvath. Cat would do nothing to improve our defence or rebounding and we'd be very small especially with Wheeler being on the sidelines.

Interesting to read that you think they don't come at the same price. I assume Cat is getting paid more with him clearly being Cairns best player but I wouldn't have thought Horvath was too far behind??

Reply #116346 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Cat would be easily getting more than Horvath.

Reply #116351 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

This is a simple one.

Cat has only 1-2 years left in him. He comes with a very high price tag. Still a great player, but at some stage you have to make tough decisions. I would take Horvath and his NZ girlfriend, lead them to the alter, pay for the wedding and the reception, then sign him to a three year deal. Marrying a NZ citizen is a real fast way to being allowed to play in the NBL as a New Zealander. ie no longer an import!

You can then chase Cat if desired but my money would be on Newley this year and Ingles the one after.
We could start next year with;

1. Maher
2. Newley
3. Import
4/5 Import
5/4 Horvath

That could be a solid base to build on.

Reply #116356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ummm, newley wont be playing nbl!!

Reply #116388 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Takstar u rubbish the forum and the people in it... AND THEN U START A NEW TOPIC??? i'l giv u credit that this is the least stupid one so far but still, GO AWAY.

(c'mon Isaac if i swore like that i'd be banned, get rid of this punk)

Reply #116398 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Bizzy, I don't post under any other name than EC. Bad luck I don't know who Anon #312 is because he has the right idea.

Reply #116403 | Report this post

Journo  
Years ago

Mee at the point, Maher at the 2-guard with Cat at the 3 spot with imports and the 4 and 5 spots would be good.

Oh sorry, thats Cairns' line-up for 07-08, my bad!

Reply #116468 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:34 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754