Panther
Years ago

Centrals new Import??

Does anyone know anything about whether or not Centrals are getting an import or not. There was an American sitting with Ricky in the first round of games, I was just curious to know if his name was Curtis Small??

Topic #1018 | Report this topic

Chump  
Years ago

Why does it matter? Are you scared there gonna kick your arse!

Reply #11325 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yer that would be it. Let me guess, under 20 div 5 player for Centrals???

(Mod: let's keep the abuse to the carpark BBQ thanks guys)

Reply #11330 | Report this post

Interested  
Years ago

It was Curtis Small on the bench for Centrals V Eastern, with the salary Cap Centrals or any other club for that matter won't be able to afford him or any other import.

Reply #11335 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

Get stuck in JB!

Reply #11338 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

By the way Chump is Terry Harvey the blonde guy for centrals who wheres a headband! So you might be able to teach him a lesson tonight at the game.

Reply #11344 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Good looking out informer!

Reply #11365 | Report this post

From a reliable source, Curtis Small was just hear to watch a mate (from Warnambool) who Central have recruited. So far Curtis isn't attached to Centrals, but the from when I spoke to this source, things may have changed, but I doubt it.

Reply #11370 | Report this post

times/changing  
Years ago

No import, Curtis was here to hang out with his mate (jye) from what ive heard, could be big plans down at the lions from what i hear on the vine, possibly jye/wilkey/reggie/hammo??? could shake things up a bit and definately could be the big improvers of the league. whats wrong with terry? whenever we have played them he seems to give 100% and just plays hard.

Reply #11378 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

Reggie won't play with Wilkey from what i have heard

Reply #11381 | Report this post

tash  
Years ago

Sounds interesting. Who is "jye" what is his background?

Reply #11384 | Report this post

Terry's mate  
Years ago

Jye Watson

2004 VBL

Warrnambool Seahawks

10 games
31.0 ppg, 2.9 apg, 7.2 rpg

Reply #11389 | Report this post

Court Marshall  
Years ago

Informer, why won't Reggie play with Wilkey?

Sounds like the Lions are getting a team together. Could we see a repeat of the '84 season? Arden Herr, are you out there?

Reply #11391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who was on that 84 team??

Reply #11392 | Report this post

genna  
Years ago

Jai has been playing in Warrnambool, and kicking ass. Before that he was in college in the states.

Reply #11396 | Report this post

for da fans  
Years ago

Jye Watson played Vic Country in juniors. Was a top 10 scorer in U18s.

Reply #11400 | Report this post

carter  
Years ago

from wat ive herd from a very reliable source reggie is all but signed so look out for the lions this yr and the new guy from warnabul i met at the sixers sat nite hes gonna be a gun

Reply #11407 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

"Who was on the 84 team?" Strewth, it's a while ago, but I think Kelvin Henderson, Mark Asher, Dan Clausen, Steve Brekke amongst others. They were unstoppable.

Reply #11424 | Report this post

Has Been  
Years ago

Leith Marston was in the top ten in under 18s. Is watson as good as him?

Reply #11449 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

hahaha

Reply #11452 | Report this post

Reggieforhire  
Years ago

I hear he has contacted a number of teams in the league - he could wind up anywhere.

Reply #11455 | Report this post

Snoopa Loop  
Years ago

I'll give Wilkey one season there and he'll be gone. With Jye chuckin up about 30 shots per game in the VBL he'll have to chuck up 40/game for Centrals to be any good and we all know Wilkey wants the ball, isn't that why he left Sturt???

Reply #11458 | Report this post

Yothu  
Years ago

He left cause he thought he was better than everyone in the team...
Thats what i heard from a few players.... and others!!!!

Reply #11463 | Report this post

Snoopa Loop  
Years ago

Same thing Yothu..

Reply #11466 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

He was sitting on the centrals bench last night that might give you an indication of where he is going next year

Reply #11468 | Report this post

juniorlion  
Years ago

better than them dont think so just realised maybe should have not got caught up in the crap that is "sturtysixers" wish him luck with the new season and lions to break out. Ricki Simpson best coach in the ABA.

Reply #11480 | Report this post

(Mod: Removed. Bootney, 1 part valid contributor, 1 part trouble-maker...)

Reply #11482 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Idiots, i'm sure your going to last on this website with that type of post. Sounds like someones taken personal offence to it all???

(Mod: The post in question has been deleted.)

Reply #11498 | Report this post

rite  
Years ago

Nice work idiots!!! Pull the conversation down into the gutter next time will ya!!!

Reply #11499 | Report this post

Mod, that was gold! posted as always for a giggle.

Boti every Thursday has an ongoing joke about stupid stuff i.e Yao Ming, the age of the Tigers etc

I want to ongoing post about the travelling Wilkey & I get burned!
C'mon Mod, I've got soooo much material!

p.s when have I ever made a valid contribution??

Reply #11601 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's all very well, but I'm assuming that Wilkey didn't like it.

I figure that he tried Sturt out, maybe as an opportunity to get noticed by the Sixers (who knows; can't blame him for trying), and it didn't work. Probably not worth reminding him about that every few days.

Reply #11604 | Report this post

baller  
Years ago

Saw watson play the other day, he has some serious game, would think he will be in the top 5 players in the league this season.

Reply #11624 | Report this post

Court Marshall  
Years ago

Who was he playing, Centrals bench players?

Reply #11627 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

i will tear jye watson a new one!

Reply #11644 | Report this post

Playa whooo?  
Years ago

This is great and all that you guys are having fun Saying "I will tear" people up and stuff but let's get real about the situation once again it comes down to tall poppy sindrome be competitive don't be stupid about it If Centrals are going to do well good on them and same goes for anyone else, people that talk like that kid "Playa" hahahaha really have no game go up to Jye Watson and tell him that, dont be an internet mouth (maybe it's the guy from south with the green and gold shoes)......

Reply #11921 | Report this post

Years ago

I dont really know Jye but I'm pretty sure he holds the record for most 3pt shots made in a Big V game. He holds the record alongside Curtis Small so that might giv an indication to his game.

Reply #225386 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:27 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754