Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Arenas is an All-Star starter & plans to bury Duke

Gilbert's wild tour of the NBA circa 2007 continues, making the East All-Star first five by 3010 votes from Vince Carter.

He then talks about giving up an NBA season so he can go back to college and bury Duke with "84 or 85" points, so he can teach Coach K a lesson.

Gotta love this guy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6409146

Topic #10188 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

he shouylda been in the team, no question

making basketball teams is just politics, whether its the nba, nbl, europe, abl and especially state teams, all politics!

Reply #116601 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

grab a tissue anon. ever thought your games not good enough

Reply #116614 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Gilbert certainly is a great character. Just imagine if ever landed in NY or LA, with his attitude and very open opinions. They'd turn him into an even bigger star than he is now!

Reply #116619 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I love this quote:

"One college game that's five fouls, right? ... 40-minute game at Duke, they got soft rims I'd probably score 84 or 85. I wouldn't pass the ball. I wouldn't even think about passing it. It would be like a NBA Live or an NBA 2K7 game, you just shoot with one person."

Reply #116645 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

You need to sit through all 10 minutes (!), but it gets rather funny when Gilbert is trying to destract Deshawn Stevenson into missing down the stretch. All over a $20000 bet at the end of practice.

Further proof that Gilbert is the second-coolest thing in the NBA at the minute (behind Gasol heading to the Bulls of course).

Reply #117836 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:51 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754