Isaac
Years ago

36ers fined $1,000 by NBL

The 36ers have been fined $1,000 by the NBL for failing to attend the post-match media conference after the 40-point loss in Sydney on January 20.

All teams are required under NBL Rules to provide a coach and, upon request, a player to all post-match media conferences, with an automatic fine of $1,000 for non-compliance.

Topic #10193 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Should have been fined another $1000 for not bringing any game that night! :P

Reply #116664 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

So Phil cracked the shits...

Reply #116666 | Report this post

PJ  
Years ago

who pays the fine?

Reply #116669 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Isnt this a common thing from Phil i hope Mal passes the bill on.

Reply #116680 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

brilliant king james !!

Reply #116692 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Good to see the NBL are on top of all the big issues.

Now, if we could only get someone to look at the salary cap...

N

Reply #116895 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Sixers will fight it saying...
"It is not only inaccurate, but also offensive."

The only fighting Adelaide has done all season.

Reply #116925 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sixers coach Phil Smyth was still at the Sydney Entertainment Centre 45 minutes after the end of the blow-out. "Mal Hemmerling is going to be dealing with it," he said. "That's all I can say."
Was he not told where the press conference was?

Reply #116927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he didn't go to a press conference, it is because he didn't want to, end of story.
Various venues take differing amount of times to get their press conferences set up and the winning team is first off the bat.
Every coach in the NBL knows this, and sometimes you just have to suck it up and wait a bit longer to get it done.

Reply #116932 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Anon #116932, yeah he stuck around for 45 minutes because he liked the feel of the stadium he just lost in.

Reply #117184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EC, your a dickhead!
If you have had experience in this field, then pass a comment.
If not, well .....

Reply #117196 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Just got pumped by 40 and didn't front to a press conference...yeah, no coincidence there!

Reply #117207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wouldn't he have gone straight to the media conference room?

Reply #117209 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

I'm sorry, but the 'nobody came and got me' excuse is simply childish. They played there earlier this year and beat Sydney. Did somebody have to come and get him then? At worse he at least knew where the room was! Can't pick and choose these things, it's a professional sport...act like a professional coach.

Reply #117212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look all the people that dont agree with Phill missin out on the meetin take this into consideration if ypu were the coach of an NBL team would you wont to listen to a room full of people askin the same questions bout how they lost and by so much.uuuuuuuuummmmmmmm

Reply #117755 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I know in Fox covered games the coaches and players go to their change rooms and someone goes and gets them when they FOX is ready.

Reply #117779 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, it's an NBL rule.

Reply #117937 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:42 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754