123abc  
Years ago

That doesn't make sense.

Correction: He played very, very well.

Except for fouling out. Again.

Reply #116711 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

I didnt rate his game at all actually. Seem to fumble every rebound, and didnt make the game his own after he started well. (story of his season)

Reply #116715 | Report this post

benji  
Years ago

mediocre - of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate.

Maybe Gordie McLeod was right

Reply #116722 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

That actually entered my head tonight also Benji.. His season started very well - but has gone downhill ever since.

Reply #116724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ahh come off it benji, he's been the only guy really this season that has put up some decent numbers besides maher, and farley. For the number of shots he is getting he is great value. He should be taking at least 20 shots a game.

Reply #116725 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Every game he loses about 10 mins of court time because he is in foul trouble. Thats 10 minutes that hurts the team. He should be getting at least 8 or 9 rebounds every game also.

Sure, hes been 'solid' for most of the season. But this team needs more than solid.

Reply #116727 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

fouls are definetely a serious problem for him but other than that i thought he did great with his time tonight.

Reply #116732 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Reply #116733 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Very slow getting back to defend.

Thought he looked very tired out there.

And of course, fouled out again.

Reply #116739 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Great player, unstoppable on defence, just lacked defence tonight.

Reply #116744 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

A look at the stats.

Dusty, 31pts, 10rebs, 61% in 28 mins

Nick, 21pts, 6rebs, 67% in 28 mins

The BIG stat is that Dusty had 23 scoring attempts to 12.

Is our defence so bad that Dusty, who is not tall , and who's moves should be well known by the 6ers, can get to the basket so many times?

Reply #116754 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

short answer - yes. It was worse than pathetic.

Reply #116756 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

horvath should be tougher when he goes up for rebounds,or shall I say agressive! so many times the ball seemed to be flicked out of his hands when he had two hands on it.

Reply #116757 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

horvath should be tougher when he goes up for rebounds,or shall I say agressive! so many times the ball seemed to be flicked out of his hands when he had two hands on it.

Reply #116758 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Great player, unstoppable on OFFENCE, just lacked defence tonight.

whoops said defence twice :S

Reply #116762 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I think Horvath is a good player and very good at the things he does and has a great hook shot but i think he is perhaps a bit one dimensional for the 36ers and the 36ers dont seem to know how to use a post up player like him properly. So i reckon we need a power forward like either Dusty or KB, 1 who can scrap inside and doesnt need post up plays for him to be effective like Dusty or a versatile guy like KB who can step out side and handle the ball a bit and shoot the 3 aswell as rebounding and stuff. So yea i hope we can get a guy like a Wells or Dave Thomas or a new guy like that in to fill the import forward spot. Off topic, it was good to see Willie Farley hanging out and chatting with the fans after the game, its a pity he couldnt play tonight, i think he would have realy helped, but Brisbane are just in a class of there own at the moment!!

Reply #116767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nick horvath sucks

Reply #116768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good post moves but is soft and doesnt pass out of post and is foul prone

Reply #116785 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He is a little one dimensional and was shown up by Rychart tonight who fills gaps and was perfect for that sort of game. Excellent game from Dusty.

Reply #116790 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

piss off anon768

Reply #116795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd keep Horvath..

A lot of the fans were disappointed when we lost Dusty last season but when Horvath came in, he was more than a capable replacement for Dusty.

Looking at the stats, Horvath is producing 19 pts, 9 rebounds, 2 assists - exactly what Dusty was producing last year. Horvath is taking less shots and shooting at a higher % though. Take this season into account as well, Horvath is producing more than Dusty.

I don't have any doubts Horvath would be averaging 25+ if he took AT LEAST 20 shots per game.

If he can work on his fouls, he'd be able to increase his minutes.. increasing his output (points, rebounds, blocks)

Keep Horvath and get in an import who will score 20-25 points a game consistently (eg. like Farley did in 2002)

Reply #116815 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

#116815, how well do you think Horvath would have scored this season if he had been playing for Brisbane. Have you taken into account the number of minutes Horvath plays compared to Dusty. Have you taken into account the difference Horvath makes to the performance of other team members compared to what Dusty did when he played here. Dusty was a much better fit in this team. How do you get comparable Adelaide stats now that the season is not over compared to a full season. At the beginning of this season everyone was excited about the quality of our team. Sure we had great players, but individual great players do not necessarily make a great team.

Reply #116828 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

its all about team balance isnt it? we have all seen players before who have been average at one club then move to another and suddenly you see a vast improvement in their stats.its like that in any sport,you need the right ingredients to make it work.there seems to be so much focus on certain indviduals in our team,if nick had the same stats that dusty had would we have won the game....no!we might have been closer but look at the overall difference between our 10 and brisbanes.brisbane could start with their bench and not lose much,remember we have also had sides like that,the wheel will turn,hopefully sooner rather than later

Reply #116834 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I'd agree with EC in that if Horvath was on Brisbane's roster he'd struggle to score more than Dusty. That said, it should have been perfectly obvious from the first training session this season that the Horvath-Maher two man game was going to be unstoppable, and should have been the cornerstone of our offence. But it hasn't happened. We lost last night with both of those guys shooting a lot better than 50% from the field. Horvath has not had enough shots, and at times, neither has Maher.

You would find too that Horvath's foul count would go down if we could get some perimeter defence.

Reply #116843 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Are u kidding? at Brisbane you've at least got CJ, Sam and Black who know how to get their big man the ball in the post, If Nick was at Brisbane he would be putting up similar numbers, if not better than what he is now.

Reply #116847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It wont matter next season as I heard last night Horvath is looking for a contract to play in Europe next season.

Reply #116850 | Report this post

Too bad about the face.

Reply #116861 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:30 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754