Clark Kent
Years ago

Adelaide v Melbourne Game Time

Despite what was reported in thoday's paper the game time for the 36ers match against Melbourne tonight is 7:00pm.

This is due to Fox deciding to broadcast the match.

Topic #10261 | Report this topic

123abc  
Years ago

That's good for me. I can watch it on Fox.

It takes too damn long to drive to the Dome.

Reply #117746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that its a great opportiunity for the guys to show there supporters why they cheer them on almost every week by winning there 2nd to last game and making everyone includeing themselfs proude.

Reply #117750 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

123abc, your being sarcastic about it taking to long to get to the Dome right? If not i dont really need to explain how soft that is....

Reply #117752 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

And when you have a look at what is happening in the 1st quarter, why would you even cross the road to watch this crap of a team!
Nash started yet again and what an impact he had!
Rebounding to date a disgrace.
This is notning short of embarrassing.
Better go now, have to go watch some more, I may hopefully be dreaming!

Reply #117757 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Score?

Reply #117758 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

The Sixers Won! The second quarter that is!
I am mesmerised yet again by the performance of Nash.
At last Boti got stuck into a few this morning, including my mate Nash. However, recall Boti that prior to the season starting, you had predicted that the boy would be a chance to be the leagues best 6th man - gee you sure got that one wrong pal!
Farley interviewed during the second quarter, quite obvious from the way he was talking, he won't be with the team next season.
Well back to the game shortly, we now need to somehow win the last 2 quarters and restore some pride in the performance. Horvath started terribly and hardly played in the 2nd period, which I would have to agree with.

Reply #117759 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

47 v 60 Tigers about 1.30 before half time. Now the live scoreboard has crashed.

Reply #117760 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

47 to 60 at half time foxtel interview with Mal Hemmerling was very interesting

Reply #117761 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Yes Tony it was interesting. I wonder if Mal had suggested that Boti write such an article? Would not blame him!

Reply #117763 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

it was certainly alluded to I thought Squid I don't think there are many in the team who on the strength of that interview who should be thinking of playing for the sixers next year

Reply #117764 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Sorry to hear you are stepping down as PM too Tony.
The 3rd quarter stinks by the way. I have been a bit of a Horvath fan, but after seeing him recently, he is not the answer either for the future.
There really is a case to get rid of all but say 2 or 3 of the existing players.
Darren NG has certainly not been the worst player tonight either.

Reply #117765 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

There arent too many on the team that should be playing in the NBL next year

Reply #117766 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

stepping down, it is my time to spend more time with Cherie and the children ;) especially young Leo

Ng i'm a fan of his at ABL and of his family but don't think he cuts it at this level

Horvath I'd keep if we could get someone to give him the ball he's lazy on defense but perhaps a coach who gives the right message to him might see him improve.

69 to 103 just into the 4th if anyone is interested

Reply #117767 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I watched it on Fox and gees, Sixers showed little effort.

Pathetic and disastorous.

Reply #117768 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

Left at 3/4 time just got home and refuse to go next week, no one knows how to box out, Nash never shoots so the opposition don't have to defend him, sutton for being a rookie was about the only bloke that showed like he wanted to win. I was hoping that some guys would be playing for their position next year but their not even interested in that. Clean out can't come quick enough...

Reply #117772 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

123abc I think you are being a bit too kind on them :P

I thought the game was pretty close.... until they scored the first two points of the game.

Really the Tigers played in second gear most the game and the only way the sixers came back in that second quarter was because the Tigers were complacent. but could you blame them when you are playing a team that is playing ABL standard.

On a positive note great work by Ng and Sutton, putting in great effort, your work tonight is appreciated!

Reply #117773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ironically nash is the only one signed on for next year

Reply #117775 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

I was on the way to the game when I had car trouble after an hour or more wait for the RAA I'm glad i didn't go must admit even turned the game off and watched a movie.

I'm committed to go next week Skyhook but it shouldn't be a good game.

You'd have to wonder now that the boo's heard earlier this year should have been louder maybe then the team would have known the fans wanted more effort.

Reply #117777 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

For those of us who dont have CA$Htel, could someone summarise what Mal said?

Reply #117778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any doubt regarding Willy Farley future with the Adelaide 36ers is all but gone, he was interviewed by the fox duo in Carfino and Casey on the Fox Sport and basically said that his agent told him to keep his mouth shut about next year and will be looking at going back to Chicago ASAP.

Reply #117780 | Report this post

Maggie Thatcher  
Years ago

Dear Tony BLair - I am so proud that you have decided to spend more time with your wife and little Leo - I was at the Lightning game (notice my spelling dear) waavving waaving and cheering cheering at their last game dear. Those poor 36'ers they just can't take a trick can they - perhaps a bit more support from the establishment might spur them on - what do you think dear?

Reply #117782 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

How much does the ninja need to do to get some credit round here. another very good game 13pts and 6 assists, great passing and creating for teammates, the sixers were a far better team when he was on the floor tonight he really showed his speed and ability to get into the lane.

Reply #117784 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Xztatik, you maybe right, but after a OVERALL performance like that its very hard to throw any praise in anyone's direction...atleast for tonight.

Reply #117786 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

sutton and Ng were the only positives tonight,

also its again pretty sad the only person who showed any intent towards the rough play was a 41 year old

Reply #117787 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Also for others who sat thru that whole disaster live what did Mal say?

Reply #117788 | Report this post

Happy_Harry  
Years ago

There has been a little bit of speculation that Ryan Kersten was ready to return from the US to play in the NBL? Is that fact or fiction?

What is the likelihood the Sixers securing the signatures of Shannon Seebohm, Jordan Dodman (already a development player) and Ryan Kersten for next year team?

Considering both Seebohm and Kersten are guards; this would leave very little room in the system for Hill, Ng and Sutton. Two out of the three of not all three will have to go.

If we can sign the all 3 to playing contracts (or the 2 guards and leave Dodman on a development contract) will be a very good start.

Mark Nash has to retire as he is giving the team nothing, he has to accept a very generous pay out for his final year of his contract or do the right thing and just walk away for free. Lenard Copeland, Marcus Timmons, Adrian Majstrovich and the two imports should go Nick Horvath and Willy Farley should find new homes as they are either not very good at the NBL level or they are past it and not able to be productive in a winning system.

Phil Smyth should be given an ultimatum, either sign and play some young kids and rebuild the side for the future or find a new job. The challenge to rebuild the side has to be given to be offered to him first as he has earn it.

Good news is that Brett Maher is close to signing on for next year and it looks like Willy is 99.9% out the door.

My team for 2007/08 would be

C: David Cooper / Brett Wheeler
PF: New Import / Derrick Moore
SF: New Import / Brad Hill
SG: Brett Maher / Shannon Seebohm
PG: Ryan Kersten / Darren Ng

Leaving Jordan Dodman and Matt Sutton with the two development contracts.

I would look at getting a good Australian guard to help out as the guard rotation looks a little bit thin on the experience side but after 2 years in the NCAA system Kersten should be ready to start.

Get ready for a very proactive off season Sixers fans as 2007/08 starts now.

Reply #117791 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah could some one give a summary of mals comments. Saw it on the screen, but of course no audio so dont know what was talked about.

Reply #117798 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah could some one give a summary of mals comments. Saw it on the screen, but of course no audio so dont know what was talked about.

Reply #117799 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

How can anyone be serious about having Wheeler back in the team next season?

Reply #117802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kersten would be crazy to come back to Adelaide next season. Stay at New Mexico and continue to develop 1 or 2 more years then see how far you can really go Ryan.

Reply #117804 | Report this post

Happy_Harry  
Years ago

Basically it was in relation to Boti radical in today's paper about the team's character, he just said a lot of cliché about players that perform get contracts.

He didn't really say anything that he hadn't said before. Nothing to worry about

Reply #117805 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Was asked about Boti's article and if it was too harsh, replied by saying not really and that he has spoken to Phil and all the players about effort and that even though they are out of the playoffs the crowd want to see 110% and players should be asking themselves if they are doing that.

Reply #117806 | Report this post

Happy_Harry  
Years ago

That should have been article not radical, not sure how I typed that. Sorry.

Reply #117807 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

Funny thing is I heard (whilst waiting for the RAA) Peter Walsh interview Brett Wheeler who said that the players had talked about pride and going out there and showing the fans that they did have pride and respect for their team and fans.

Said a lot were obviously playing for the futures and he felt that as his season was so disprupted by injury he didn't hold high ground in being picked up.

Mal said negotiations were continuing with Brett, also said that players had been made aware that losing games that they should have or could have won by lack of desire etc wasn't acceptable.

Said he had made it clear that he had the cheque book and the cheque might be written in their favour if they showed what they could do on court.

Guess not many names from the current team will be on those cheques next season.

Reply #117812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i enjoyed your post happy harry, that would be looking good for the future. if kersten wont come back then sutton can easily be elevated to the playing list as a point guard and a new development player brought in.

Reply #117822 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Once again the playing of "Hit the Road Jack" after Dench fouled out was embarrassing. He left the game with 18 & 8. His team were about 30 points in the lead. Whose face had egg on it at this stage. I know its tradition, but for heavens sakes, keep it realistic. Hit the road Jack should only be played if the Sixers are either in the lead or in a point of the game where they can turn it around. Losing an opposition player at this stage helps the Sixers' cause and that's when you celebrate it with the song.

Reply #117834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ng did better than people give him credit for..

he scored 13 points, 6 assists, 2 steals

for those who were'nt at the game or didnt watch it, he drove to the basket and dished off and had some nice scoring moves under the basket.. only his 3 pointers didnt fall, but he showed he has more to his game than just 3 point shooting

Reply #117845 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

EC, I wished they played that song for Smyth instead :P

Reply #117856 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Ng did play with heart and guts, so hat's off to him for that.

Last night was despicable, pathetic, insipid, uninspiring... pretty much everything Adelaide has been all year. I don't think I'd be keeping anyone more than Maher, Sutton, Hill, Cooper and Ng. This team needs a total tare down, starting with our beloved coach and his boy Nash.

Adelaide vindicated everything Boti Nagy wrote yesterday morning. Some might have read the article and thought it was a bit harsh. If they had seen the game they would know that Boti if anything pulled a few punches. The club last night gave no one any reason whatsoever to show up next week against the Taipans. Everyone has acknowledged that the team needs to rebuild, and Smyth again last night proved that he is not the man to do that when he put a 41 year old back in a dead game with 6 minutes to go rather than give one of his development players a run infront of their home crowd. Absolutely inexcusable. As I have written before, Smyth will also have a hard time blaming last night on Willie Farley.

Mark Nash proved last night that even if he is set up beautifully by his team mates and is wide open under the rim that he still can't shoot better than 2/6. I particularly loved the instance in the first half where Brett Maher found him uncontested on a cut right down the middle of the key on a fast break and he stopped dead and threw the ball 20 feet BACKWARDS! This guy is the epitome of the white flag that the Sixers have raised on the Dome floor all year. Adelaide had never before lost more than 4 games at the Dome in a season. Last night was our ninth home loss.

Nick Horvath's desire has been totally sapped by the team's performance this season. I personally don't blame him for this, but I am quite disgusted at the fact that he has more or less completely stopped rebounding. A new coach who knows how to design a post offence would probably get a hell of a lot more out of him and realise that he is an unstoppable offensive weapon, but if Smyth is in for next year there is no point in keeping him.

So, now that we are absolutely out of the playoff race can we focus on next season, as I believe we are still a mathematical chance of making next years playoffs?

Reply #117859 | Report this post

Seems like the match in Singapore .

As I said before, for next year only keep Maher, Ng and Sutton as they play with passion , energy , skill and puts the team first.

The forwards and Centres all need to go.

Reply #117860 | Report this post

Ok, - Also add Hill if he recovers well.

Reply #117862 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Mutley...Sixers lost more than 4 home games in 1992, 1997, 2002-03 & 2003-04.

Reply #117864 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

was watching the comedy channel,switched over to get the scores and after watching for a few minutes thought i was still on the comedy channel

Reply #117869 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

I'd like to say again, Coopers performance seems to really define just how well we play defence. When coops is having a big game, blocking everything and then starts scoring the whole team seems to lift.
We need to find a way to get him playing this way consistantly. Wheeler supported him pretty well tonight for a guy that plays an average of 5 games a season. Horath just doesnt have enough defence to back him up.

Reply #117876 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Late to the party here, but thought there were *some* highlights at least - Ng's driving and dishing was great to watch. Maher hit some quality buckets. You could see that Wheeler and Timmons were really trying, but Wheeler was missing shots that he should've made.

Not sure what I think of what I hear as our potential import pairing for next season.

Reply #117922 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Please Isaac enlighten me....apologies if this has been posted somewhere else.

Reply #117932 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Isaac, is it Horvath and.......?

Reply #117934 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Horvath could be retained, but we'll see.

Reply #117939 | Report this post

Re next years imports .

Maybe time the 36ers only had one import and used the rest of the money for some quality local players ?

What do people think , can a team be great even without imports or do they still impact the game significantly ?

Reply #117940 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Depends on availability of quality local players. If a local player replaced an import, he would have to atleast be averaging 18 points and 8 rebounds. There's not that many locals with those stats.

Reply #118178 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:13 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754