Isaac
Years ago

Funny 36ers MVP Award 2006/07

The 36ers have their MVP Award Dinner on Feb 12 at the National Wine Centre - $95, three course meal and drinks, etc.

(See www.adelaide36ers.com for a bit more information.)

I'm sure everyone will have their views on who could or will win this award, and I've said this before elsewhere, but I would like to put forward every Adelaide 36ers fan as a collective winner this year.

Every fan who has attended games, missed other engagements to make games, tuned in to Fox, called Talking Hoops to talk about the 36ers, talked to their friends about the team, put up their opinion on this forum (constructive or defensive), bought merchandise, taken guests to a game, given game tickets as a gift, or convinced a 36er player that Bacardi 151 is a sensible thing to drink - especially the 5,000 or so people who still showed up to the Brisbane game the other week after what has been a frustrating season, and on the back of a 40 point thrashing - you are collectively the 2006/07 MVP, in my opinion.

Topic #10288 | Report this topic

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

bets for slabs of Heineken for MIP/6th Man award?

Reply #118144 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Seeing us fans are the mvp wanna shout us each a drink Isaac?

Reply #118150 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

52c - Ben Fitz is the one who scored the Heineken from Timmons. Ask him!

Reply #118153 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

here here,adelaide has always been the best crowd.we just have too keep it going next season.maher mvp even if he missed a few games.

Reply #118158 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

To take it one step further from Isaac, the MVP goes to the fans who not only supported the team in this very frustrating season, but will also make a committment to buying a season ticket next season. That is the true sense of support through thick and thin.

Reply #118186 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

True, but next season can only be better with venue upgrades and new players. The people that kept buying walk-ups even when they had the choice to stop coming to games are the ones that impress me most.

Reply #118187 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I think the people that make a committment to the whole season without knowing the outcome of the season are the most impressive. I do not say that because I fit into that category. Buying casual walk up tickets is not making the same committment because you have given yourself the option up front of not going to all the games. Its like saying I would like to try something but I'll only buy it in small quantities in case I don't like it. Buying a large quantity up front is showing confidence in the product you purchased. Unfortunately this season there has been a lot of walk up people deciding not to come to the next game because the team hasn't performed well. By buying another season ticket, you are saying to yourself that I am prepared to keep supporting the team and attending their games regardless of outcome.

Reply #118190 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Give a carton to Dana for her ongoing support.

Reply #118192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the fans definately deserve the trophies as no one on the team does. Maybe instead of a MVP dinner a fans appreciation night would be more appropriate!

Reply #118214 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

EC

What about the people that could not make Wednesday night games. It is not financially viable for them to buy a season ticket. So they would rather just walk up.

If you knew that you would miss 50% of the games because of work/hobbies/family etc, would you still fork out for a season ticket?

Reply #118217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MVP dinner or a wake?

Reply #118222 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Have to finish the dinner/wake early so the boys get back into their dorms before the nursing home locks the doors for the night.
Sorry- could not let the opportunity go by

Reply #118226 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Thanks HR. I'll accept that.
let me see....carton of Coopers Sparkling Ale will do.

Reply #118229 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

MVP? No contest. Mark Nash has had another explosive season and would be a worthy winner. Do they have another award for air balls? Reckon he would give that one a shake too.

Reply #118258 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Dana a fan of "The Slops" good to see!

Reply #118269 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Errr...not sure about that one? ;)

Reply #118273 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

36ers mvp, a very tough decision.

Lets remeber what MVP stands for..Most Valuable Player, it is clear that could only go to Brett Maher.

Now is the time for us to acknowledge the efforts made by the team, its time to look toward next year. Lets celebrate the end of 06/07 and move on. cheap shots and sniping will not be of any assistance.

Reply #118293 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Coopers Sparkling aka "The Slops" by bar staff in my local for obvious reasons.

Reply #118340 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Ok...I was hoping it was something like that.

Reply #118342 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Sturty, anyone who makes an effort to go to the games deserve the award. I don't think too many people would be in a situatin where they couldn't make half the games because of other committments. There will be people unable to attend any day of the week not just Wednesdays. Most working people will have finished work by 5pm and can make it by 7pm to the game. I know that because I spend an hour each way in peak hour traffic. I could swear every car in Adelaide is on the roads at that time.

Reply #118446 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:13 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754