Anonymous
Years ago

Free ticket idea

I am not opposed to the free ticket idea, but how about give the season ticket holders the opportunity to bring along a child for free who doesn't currently play basketball. Why limit it to children in basketball uniforms - obviously they are already involved in basketball and should be supporting the team already, why don't we try and get people from outside basketball into the game and get them interested in basketball.

Perhaps they should have offered it to any in a crows or power guernsey, or their junior/school teams guernsey

Topic #10300 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Time for that next year if they want. Let them try this first.

Surely it's easier to get basketball people to a basketball game than it is to convince non-players to come along?

Reply #118298 | Report this post

cisco  
Years ago

reckon it's a great idea by mal, but probably at the wrong end of the season - too little, too late - surely it would be a innovative way to get people interested right from the start of the season.

Reply #118309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree Cisco. It seems that innovative ideas for ticket sales always seem to come in the second half of the season as a reaction to poor ticket sales. Instead of a reactionary approach it would be nice to see something like this right out of the gates next season.

Reply #118315 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Isn't this just an attempt to actually get people to this game? I'd doubt this sort of thing would happen if it was a sure thing that a good crowd would be in attendance.

Reply #118476 | Report this post

Call it  
Years ago

I guess that if they didnt try the free ticket idea, we would be on here bagging them.

You want to fill the stadium on Friday? Let every kid under 12 in for free.

Reply #118483 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

twenty four, I think the last few games of a season tend to have reasonable crowds regardless of the team's performance? Guess we'll see who shows up.

Reply #118487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just a question, if you do play for a club can you just wear your club jumper rather then your whole uniform. It would be fair stupid wearing shorts, singlet etc.

Reply #118618 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Answered this in another thread, but as long as you make a reasonable effort to dress in club attire, you'll be fine - club polo, jumper, should be OK.

Reply #118621 | Report this post

IzzyT  
Years ago

How about supporters in the Country Regions of SA? By the time we pay for petrol at $1.30 per litre, puchase drinks, lunch & tea & the ticket, it's a good part of $150 gone for the day & with the season we had, it's such a more pleasant trip home after a victory!

Reply #121178 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:49 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754