Isaac
Years ago

Lightning in Canberra Saturday

The Lightning play their prelim final in Canberra at AIS Arena this Saturday.

The game will be televised live on ABC TV from 4pm (AEST) on Saturday and then replayed in full on ABC 2 from 12:30pm on Sunday.

Any tips for the game?

Topic #10317 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Lightning to lose by just over 10. They lost by 20 odd last time they played with Erin playing around 26 minutes before the injury happened. This time i think they will be better prepared and fight hard but just to be out played. I don't have much of a clue when it comes to the Lightning just going purely on statistical analysis. I hope they win tho :)

Reply #118623 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Caps by 15-20. Erin being out is a huge loss and tips the balance back to the locals. Jagged court side seats so I'm happy with that.

Reply #118627 | Report this post

torn acl  
Years ago

very physical game coming up.

adelaide still the smokey for the title

rasmussen will get even better and show why she has been a wnba player

sammy to have some big ones - erin phillips style - too make up for the heart break of recent prelim losses

adelaide by 3

ps they have not lost when using lorenzini as back up PG rather than other(s)

Reply #118639 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

yes give lorenzini a go, let her show what she can do.
hope the girls win, I think they can do it, but it is going to be hard.

Reply #118644 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

To close to pick I reckon.
All the above is true, can't make head nor tails of it.
Get Canberra in foul trouble and we will get it, we have good matchups on abrams,bishop and loffhagen.
Maybe bibby, tully and hurst the problem?
Could go either way.

Reply #118649 | Report this post

lightbub  
Years ago

Lorenzine was one point behind Woosh in the woolacott . about time chris showed some faith and played the kid. NL surely cant be expected to run with river rat bibby and tully for 30+. both are quicker and smarter. Maybe a fired up Erin L would take it up to them . Dee a smokey, surley she will pull the pin after this season so let her go and see why why we signed her in the first place. Bibby is CC leading scorer and is not comfortable on ranford.

Having said all that , beating Syd in the GF would erase the pain of the last 5 years playing the WNBL lovechilds at this end of the season

Good luck girls !!!!!

Reply #118655 | Report this post

torn acl  
Years ago

yes narelle and dee be too slow for bibby - lorenzini would be the fittest - we must close their outside game down - lorenzini would be quick / fit enough to close out the shooters

Reply #118656 | Report this post

Open your eyes  
Years ago

Lorenzini is crap what do u guys see in her.

Reply #118657 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Lozza Not game smart in that company!

Reply #118659 | Report this post

lightbub  
Years ago

Probably the same as the national U/21 selectors . The kid is an athlete , given time and god forbid some coaching she MAY be better than you think, Whilst the white line fever is commented on a bit our other option is in the stand with the leg up.

Reply #118678 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Will have to use all three to effectively cut supply for the full 40. Important that these three still get the job done in offence as well - maintain the flow with limited unforced errors.

I expect Bibby and Hurst will feel the pressure and Tully will be world standard. Interesting to know Bibbys stats when Caps play the Flames and Adz CF the rest of the league.

Reply #118687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Dee should be given a go on Bibby, she would know her game inside and out, knowing they played on the same team together some years ago. I think Narelles game and style she plays will be benefitial to Adelaide. She is cool and calm and think she will set the pace to adelaides advantage. Sure Bibby and Hurst like the face pace, but think NL can change that around on the offensive end anyway. Think lots of help defensive will be the key. Also think EL should be given a chance, she came on for only 1 min last week, sure her first touch of the ball resulted in a travel and then she was dragged, but she really needs to be given a chance. Get her in the game early, give her some confidence and see what she can do.

Reply #118700 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:44 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754