Years ago

Two to Face Tribunal

Mother And Son To Face Basketball Tribunal
(taken from the Murray Valley Standard newspaper, Feb 8)

TWO people have been reported after a referee was allegedly threatened and verbally abused during a basketball match in Murray Bridge last week.

A player from an A Grade men's team will front the Murray Bridge Basketball Association Tribunal after he allegedly threatened the referee on Wednesday night.

The match being played between Unity and Rebels was abandoned with one minute in the final quarter remaining after the player allegedly refused to leave the stadium after being ejected.

In a bizarre twist, the ejected player's mother then allegedly stepped onto the court and abused the referee.

Both are facing multiple charges and are likely to appear before the tribunal this week.
-----

Lucky it's not BASA tribunal. They would get away with it...

Topic #10319 | Report this topic

torn acl  
Years ago

welcome to junior basketball

Reply #118651 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

That sounds like A grade senior men to me torn acl. Don't know about junior basketball. It does sound like a junior that is playing senior basketball perhaps. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Reply #118660 | Report this post

ME NOT YOU  
Years ago

HOPE THEY GET MORE THAN THE 3 WEEKS THAT SOMEONE GOT FOR THROWING A BALL AT A REF IN SENIOR DISTRICT

Reply #118769 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

i got 1 week once for intimidating an umpire

Reply #118786 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

I got 4 weeks for saying I think Nash should play on next year.

Reply #118837 | Report this post

Denny Craine  
Years ago

seriously, what the hell is this doing on here. People have taken this way out of context, and now its becoming a joke.
The bloke got reported for being a toss-pot, whoopty doo. get over it!

4 Weeks for you..... Denny Craine

Reply #119089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trobunal on wednesday night. Will post results towards end of week if can get them from somewhere

Reply #119396 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

"I got 4 weeks for saying I think Nash should play on next year. "

You got off lightly

Reply #119398 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:03 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754