Kent Brockman
Years ago

Bullets stat question

this may be one for Yogee, noticed that all 9 Bullets scored in double figures against the Slingers.

Whilst that is a great feat and possible never been done before, aren't the Bulets required to suit 10 players for all games with an additional 2 dev players for home games.

Bradtke is not on the list and was injured before traveling so it's not like he suited and got DNP-INJ or DNP -CD.

Even if they did break the rule not like Monty Burns will penalise them.

Topic #10321 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Dunno Kent, I seem to recall Goorj and the Kings only travelling with 8 ironically up to Brisbane a few seasons agao and only suited 7.

I can't really see why there would be a rule in place, really up to the team in question as it is only going to dissadvantage themselves ie foul trouble, injuries etc.

More recently didnt Perth a season or two ago not take their 10th man on road trips (possibly Carmie Olowayo [sp?] was the player?} but took Vlahov on road trips?

Reply #118653 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

That box score is something to behold, observations I've made about the Bullets include:

- the player who played the least minutes (Williamson 20) was the top scorer (21 points)

-only 2 players played more that 30 minutes (but not more than 31)

- all bar one shot 50% or above from the field (Black shot a still respectable 43%)

- only 2 players had more than 4 boards, and none were in double figures

How tough must it be to beat a deep than runs so deep and doesn't rely on any one player? They're in a league of their own this year.

Reply #118667 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

AFAIK the minimum number of players required to start a game is 5 for the team. A game can continue as long as a team has at least 2 players still on court (ie not fouled out)...obviously a high calibre game such as NBL and you are going to ensure you have subs to play with, but I dont think there is a minimum n umber, just a maximum.

Reply #118811 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:10 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754