Isaac
Years ago

Lucas vs Beatty continues

Another game against Canberra and another chance for a journalist to spark up Tracey Beatty for some easy media fodder. She's no fan of Lightning coach Chris Lucas, you may remember.

This time, though, Lucas got last laugh.

"I will never play for Adelaide again under the current coach," she told the Canberra Times newspaper. Again.

There is a plus side.

"Finally Tracey and I agree on something," Lucas said.

Topic #10324 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

Good on you Chris....

Reply #118671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you blame Tracey for saying that? She has probably just verbalised what a lot of other players think

Reply #118673 | Report this post

skyhooked  
Years ago

What is the problem with Chris Lucas? or shouldn't I have asked. At least the lightning are winning, or is he still a twat?

Reply #118677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In short, he is still a twat. True, the Lightning are winning, but look at the playing roster, and look at the assistant coaches. His response to what Tracey said is slightly immature. Most professional coaches would have just ignored it, and when asked about it by the media, would have come up with something a little more diplomatic

Reply #118679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesnt it go with the territory. Talk to current and former 6er players about Phil Smyth.

Reply #118684 | Report this post

business arising  
Years ago

Every time you think Lucas is improving he gets foot and mouth disease once more - there are many many people that feel the same way Tracey does - the loser is SA basketball unfortunately

Reply #118712 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You could say the same for Beatty, surely?

Reply #118713 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Done to death. Take it off the barbie slap it between two bits of bread with onions and sauce.

Reply #118720 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

what is the real reason for the verbals between Chris and Tracey???
I think she is a much better player with a lot more confidence since going to the capitals.
leave any player on the bench week in and week out and confidence has to be a factor.
I think if a player is good enough to make a national team they should merit a reasonable amount of court time, sure enough a coach will mainly go with 7 or 8 players, but when the situation arises at least give the last 2 or 3 players some court time.

Reply #118739 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Didnt Bleatty spend most of her Adelaide time under Stirling??

Why is Chris copping the blame, it was Bleatty who continually makes the same comments time after time before Adelaide and Canberra match up...I recall last time Chris was quite diplomatic in his response.

I recall Chris being bashed on here a couple of weeks ago because he doesnt comment on anything and then the moment he does, he gets bashed again.

Typical.

Reply #118741 | Report this post

lightbub  
Years ago

Basically both need a real slapping, Tracey frustrated jan more than any other human on this planet. Having said that it was noted a few years ago motherhood might make her more mature. Whilst Chris is frustrating with his rotations he had no choice in letting go a kid who would sit in the stand in tears after a game. Hi comment was the politest F**** U i have heard for a while however

Reply #118748 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

lets be honest that tall and is still only a role player at best. everyone was hoping she could step up and take a more domminate role but would of had a better chance at winning powerball than that happening.

Reply #118766 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

didn't this little feud start in preseason where Lucas rang Beatty when she was still in Adelaide and invited her to selection trials. Beatty thought she deserves a roster spot straight up and told him to jam it, rang Graf and caught on with the Caps.

Oh well, she's been great here in Canberra....

Reply #118782 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:15 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754