Asafa
Years ago

Will anyone beat North?

Seriously will anyone beat north this ABL season. With suiting basically an NBL starting lineup its going to be tough for many teams to match it with them. The boost of Rusty Piecart is just huge, we havent had a player of that standard in the league in a few years. He should compliment the already strong playing list well. Hambour has been dominating inside and looks to be moving a lot better up and down the court, cant see many people going with him.

Schueller has got all the ingredients to take this all the way in his rookie season now all the boys have to do is perform and no doubt with all the training they have been doing, they will.

Go rockets !!!

Topic #10327 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hambour got off the gravy train and stopped eating? He was looking a bit chubby last time I saw him.

Schueller hasn't deserved to have this team 'drop' in his lap his first season. If he doesn't win the championship with that team he will need to step down!

Reply #118694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Asafa, are you Nick Hambour talking yourself up again????

Reply #118695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

East, West and South!

Reply #118697 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Don't think it's fair to say a team has "dropped" in his lap. Fair to say that Rychart wouldn't be there unless Schueller was the coach.

Schueler has put in countless hours over the years to become the next Rick Castle.

Justin, if you read this being compared to Slick Rick is not an insult!

Am I the only one that has an urge to say "Schueler" in the voice of the teacher from Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

Reply #118705 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Ah temptation.Hambour playing near a piecart!!

Reply #118707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Oakley now at Forestville, you might as well lock in a Eagles vs Rockets grand final. Can't see anyone else getting close. Sturt, West and Norwood all look OK but not in the same class as those two.

Reply #118708 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

We'll see. The North boys all have to play together first before people start saying how good they are. That many "mans" on one team could mean implosion, or it could mean domination. Does Schueller have the balls to put one of those guys in their place for the good of the team? We'll see

Forestville will be good, but Norwood will be right there too. They've been knocking at the door now for a couple of years with pretty much the same team. Add Cooper and you've got someone who can shut down Forestville's and North's main threat, so I think they will be right there.

West are a dark horse, and what they say is true re their line up they will be right there too as Truslove can play the same roll of negating the North and Forestville bigs.

Slow down horsemen, not even a game has been played yet.

Reply #118717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Add Cooper and you've got someone who can shut down Forestville's and North's main threat"

Didn't Dusty score something like 34 points when Brisbane last came to town?

Reply #118719 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Regarding West, I think they have the best backcourt in the league with Brendan Mann, Rory, Spud and Finch. Chuck in Danny Philips at the shooting gaurd and that's not too shabby.

Rory will be one of the out and out scorers of the league this year, and I think Spud will show just how good he can be.

If Truslove plays a whole season then Crusher can play the solid 20-25 he should be and finally West will have a genuine big who can score that they have been missing.

On a side note, Jarrod Younie is playing for the Mavs this year. Who else do they have? Will they be any good? Brad Davis is playing Div 3 at the moment.

Reply #118721 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I know a lot of people that will be sad Younie is not playing for the West Div 3 team.
I dont know that many of them actually play in that team .. but.

Dusty will hopefully bring out the crowds and the clubs will benefit from extra game day sales.

Reply #118723 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Losing Robin will hurt the flames. Also with Webber going to College mid season will also hurt the flames chances.

If Cooper doesnt get resigned by the sixers will he still play at Norwood?

I expect Daniel Thompson and Tom Cioffi to step up and be the X-Factors this season and Norwood will challenge for the title.

Should be a great season!!

Reply #118725 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

118719 - maybe he did, I'm not sure, but every dog will have his day and I'm sure many of those points would have been against Horwath, arguable not as good of a defender as Cooper. Dusty may still get his, but Coops will make it hard for him.

Reply #118727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah i spose your right Lockstock.

Considering ABA has never been known as a very big league... to have Cooper, Dusty, and now Oakley...(and to a lesser extent Agel from South) there is going to be some legit size this season.

Reply #118728 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

That's true, not much size has been around for a while now. Add Truslove to that list, as well as Big Ben Trebilcock and Jordan Dodman, and there are going to be some colussal battles in the middle, week in week out

Reply #118734 | Report this post

Career Moves  
Years ago

Ben Trebilcock has retired.

Official as of 01/02/07.

Reply #118737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hasnt deserved it?? good coaching is good recruiting so additions of Kerstan and Rychart are signs of that. the boys really want to play for schuller as shown by their passion and efforts in the summer. the additions to that group that won do make for a positive looking season. i dont think their is a harder working group at the min from what i hear. good luck to them and must say this is shaping up to be one of the most exciting seasons in recent years.

Ill admit im on the Rockets band wagon....go North!!

Reply #118745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look for eastern as the underdogs this year...get a reasonable line up and will scare if not topple quality teams this season.

Reply #118750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its true norwood will miss webber. but with the inclusion of thompson and mathews training with the team they shold do alright. no rookies will touch the pine this year for the flames sap is trying to get them to the states and with cooper playing it will make it harder for them.

Reply #118757 | Report this post

Spike  
Years ago

I dont think it is 100% that Webber is going to College. He is still looking for somewhere to go.
Annon 118757, What rookies is Sap trying to get over to college? Grantham and Papendiek might be eligable to play in their college ofseason, but I'm not sure.

Reply #118830 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

IMO North will be unbeatable because the best players in the NBL couldn't stop Dusty, so no one here is going to.

Reply #118856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

their starting line up is tough, and an even tougher match up for opponents. Top Four looks like North, Forestville, Norwood and West in that order. cant wait for the ball to be thrown up and to see what will eventuate. this year looks to be the best and toughest comp in a fair while. Go Rockets in 07

Reply #119185 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:26 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754