Years ago

Should Phil Smyth be sacked?

Advertiser is running a poll.
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,21198022-5006371,00.html

Topic #10336 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn

someone wake me when something original is posted!

Reply #118753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ah yogee bit sensitive arent you - its the advertiser asking the question

Reply #118754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #118756 | Report this post

MS  
Years ago

Ahh Yogee - if we all fell asleep everytime something a little mundane and predictable was posted your postings would have the entire site shutdown most days!

Reply #118759 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Yes!
For not preparing his team during pre-season
For not delivering the goods this year.
For not getting the most out of his team.
For not giving his development players a decent enough run

Reply #118768 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

To follow Sturty6ers thoughts:

For spending more time bitching about referees than coaching.

For making me sit through another season of Mark Nash.

For not utilising Horvath's offensive gifts well enough.

For forgetting that you get 5 timeouts per game, not per season.

Reply #118770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For having an age criteria when selecting the team for this season

Reply #118793 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Agree with the comments made. Bye Phil, thanks for the memories, but time to pack the bags fella.

Reply #118802 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I thought it was an Advertiser Poll. If that's the case why is everyone re hashing the same arguments over and over again. There's no need to go any further than advise people of the poll. Yogee, I see where you are coming from.

Reply #118804 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

Ummm, because this is a Bball forum that is open for discussion about all things Bball, maybe!

Reply #118836 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Axeman : yes but the same topic doesnt need 40,000 different threads!!!

Reply #118842 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

I think he should the "most lame excuses in a season" award.

Reply #118854 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Yogee, where has there ever been a post that had a link to the advertiser with a poll on whether phil smyth should be sacked??? Furthermore, it is the off-season now so what else do you expect then threads of speculation and what people think should be the team for next year? Since you seem to be Mr originality with all your original post, please tell us what you expect to be the topic of conversation since you feel that talking about players for next season or whether the coach should stay or go shouldn't be allowed anymore.

Reply #118874 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Have Yogee and EC been introduced? There's a match made in heaven

Reply #118876 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I want Smyth to have 1 more year to redeem himself and rebuild it, i heard him say on the radio last night that the review starts Monday and sounds as if hes planning on 4 or 5 changes to the roster. To me it sounds as if he expects to be back, and this is the year where he has to recruit as we basically have a clean slate to work on with only Nash being under contract, and with plenty of quality free agents being available if he cant get atleast one or 2 of them this season he probably never will be able to.
I think last night showed the squad has something to build on say if they make say 4 changes adding a guy like Darnell, a starting Small forward (Aussie or import, depending on who we can get) and possibly change either or both imports and get another Centre (import or Aussie) to share with Cooper (if any cap space available) and add a young guy (or 2) like a Ryan Kirsten or one of the many quality Aussies returning from college to the sqaud and we should have a decent team again

Reply #118879 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

KingJames, this thread although inappropriately headed, was to advise on an Advertiser Poll. People who have posted on their opinions have had many other threads before this to do it. If you want to stick to the intention of this thread which is to advise of an Advertiser Poll, then go to the poll and have your say. The annoying thing is that it started as one thing and has ended up as something else. By the way the heading should have mentioned Advertiser Poll.

Reply #118895 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

no doubt its time for a change but i guess what mal would be looking at is paying out Phil and steve is it worth pissing 400k against the wall to remove them now and then pay another coaching team or weight till next seasons end and ship them off,

Reply #118927 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Geez - does it really change the course of anyones lives if the thread is named using the Poll question, instead of stating that it is a link to the poll?

Yes, I created the thread about The Advertiser running a poll - but surely people can comment with their own opinions if they like.

Reply #118952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps EC and yogee if this topic bores you so much, you can just skip over it and not read it....

btw yogee, you said you'd give your opinions on Smyth after the season.......well??

Reply #119005 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Poll running at 40/60 not to sack Phil.

Reply #119050 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:00 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754