Isaac
Years ago

Molloy extends deal with Dragons

Not sure what this means for Scott Ninnis, but Guy Molloy has had his deal with the South Dragons extended by two years.

Molloy came to the Dragons with the departure of Mark Price and seemed to leapfrog Ninnis who was Price's assistant.

The announcement on NBL.com.au seems to be a little vague about Molloy's position.

Elsewhere, there's a rumour that Ian Stacker could be coaching Wollongong next season.

Right now it's a strong market for players, but the same can't be said for coaches with many retained and the new spot (Gold Coast) filled.

Topic #10382 | Report this topic

WTF  
Years ago

I notice also that Maloy will coach the under 18 victorian team. This would be a good idea in Adelaide.

Someone like Breaney should be coaching the under 18 boys state team to build raport with the players coming through.

I think if Breaney had coached a young south australian in juniors then he would have been hell bent to keep him instead of asking him to be in the 13 man squad and loosing him to the Dragons!!!!!

Reply #119223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coaching a junior state team is huge investment of time. Many nbl coaches would just not be able to fit it in PLUS they have a pretty good coach there now. In terms of using this recruit players to NBL programs there are plenty of opportunities for the 6ers to recruit Newley/Ingles etc.

Reply #119233 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

maybe not as head coach but as assistant coach would be a better role and allow him to build up a better one on one report with the players worthy of coming through as chris lucas did the last 2 years with the 20's girls

Reply #119235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Booga I reckon thats 2 good ideas you have had this yr. Maybe there is human life out there???

Reply #119247 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

the self improvemet course seems to be working for me, i have also noticed the less crap refs i get the lower my anger is go figure

Reply #119248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

".....PLUS they have a pretty good coach there now."

#119233 - Is that you Mesecke?

Reply #119257 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:39 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754