Panther
Years ago

Under 20 State

Can anyone give an update on how the Under 20 state team are going? I know they were down at Millicent on the weekend and played against Mount Gambier, Forestville and Warnambool, can anyone update how they went and who has been playing well?
With the Nationals only a wekk away (from what I heard), it would be good to hear how they are going coming into the tournament.

Topic #10388 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

they beat Mt Gambier on Firday night minus Dodman, and lost narrowly to Warnambool and Forestville beat them easy with their team that is going away now that Seebohm is out with stree fractures. Group should compete well but looks like they will be out of medal contention without Seebohm

Reply #119282 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

It suprises me that they lost to Warnambool as normally they are the struggling team in that tournament. But thanks for the update. It's a shame to hear about Shannon not playing though, do you know who steps into his spot?

Reply #119286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harri Harvey - Forestville, had a solid weekend

Reply #119289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did the other teams go in this tournament. Who beat who. I'd be particularly interested to hear how the Pioneers are shaping up.

Reply #119325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont give up on the U20s so easily- last year they lost Ingles and still ended up with a medal!!

Reply #119338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh but last year the rest of the field wasn't as strong overall. Do you really think the SA boys can get up over NSW, Qld or WA to get a medal? I think the boys could be looking at a 4th or 5th place finish.
How did Trent Fildes go in the tournament?

Reply #119370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard he did ok- has just come back from an ankle injury

Reply #119387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when do they leave

Reply #119476 | Report this post

Bobby C  
Years ago

Hey Panther, hope all is well with you Dude! Dont be surprised that they lost to us, we are physically stronger and they are still maturing young men.

They do have some solid players though but probably needs to be more crisp in their decision making.

They are a big team, I just hope they can use their size more and play well together come nationals just hope they trust each other with the ball.

Reply #119493 | Report this post

Cupid  
Years ago

I saw the tournament Bobby and you look in shape for a great season. Good luck with yours and i think SA will do fine, they are proud young men and will represent the state well. Good Luck

Reply #119498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know how the Pioneers went against Warnambool and the eagles??

Reply #119502 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Hey Bobby, how are you? I guess I need to clarify what I meant. I know the two times I played in the pre season weekend Warnambool didn't have their full roster, like the Pioneers, so they have tended to struggle, relying simply on their younger local talent. It's good to hear your still playing and back at the Seahawks hey? What's happened to Jye, is he still playing over here or has he gone back to Victoria? I haven't heard where he's playing this year. I know there was a bit of a fall out with some of the players and the big three were leaving.
For the anonymous poster, Mount Gambier lost to the State team by about 3 or so from what I heard and lost convincingly to Forestville.
How did the Seahawks go against the Pioneers Bobby?

Reply #119511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the eagles for the forth year straight clean swept the tounament. Beating the state team by 20-25, and narowly getting over the other two sides. All three of eagles , seahawks and Pioneers had a couple of players missing, the eagles without Oakley, Sutton(fridays game vs seahawks), Arnold, Fildes(state team), Seahawks still have an import to come in(L.Strong?) as do the pioneers with Sedlock now naturalized.

Good effort by the eagles with the team they had. Thought the winning run down there would come to an end but they kept their south east strek alive to 13 wins.

Reply #119517 | Report this post

Bobby C  
Years ago

Anon119517, We nearly got the eagles but they were too good in the end. Eagles are a well coached team.

Panther, we got the pioneers by about 9 we were up by as much as 22 with 5 or so to go the they made a run we started to panic and they got it to 6 but couldnt get any closer than that. Jye will suit up for Eastern this year and hopefully he can have a injury free and successful season.

Cupid, Thanks mate, I too hope the boys do their state proud, I am looking forward to seeing them play as ballarat is only 1 hour 40 away from here. I'll get to see abit of ball that week.

Reply #119526 | Report this post

Bobby C  
Years ago

Panther, you running around again? how are you guys shaping up?

Reply #119529 | Report this post

Bobby C  
Years ago

You guys wanna play us in a practice match we can meet half way?

Reply #119541 | Report this post

Bobby C  
Years ago

sorry was meant for you panther the last post!

Reply #119542 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Nah i've retired, having a go at Aussie rules this year.
The South boys if they put together the team they want will be a hell of a lot better than the last few years. Will definitely tark part in the post season which has happened since 1999 I reckon!

Reply #119543 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

It might be able to be organised, I would say the head coach would definitely be interested in something like that. I'll have a chat to him about it.

Reply #119544 | Report this post

Bobby C  
Years ago

Hope the Footy thing goes good for you. [email protected] you can pass this on to the coach, thanks mate.

Reply #119552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back to under 20's state...Pat Mills scored 52 points against NSW last week going 13 from 28 from 3 pt territory. he followed that up with 30 against Victoria and then 50 against the AIS. Don't sleep on Canberra otherwise Pat alone could beat teams

Reply #119736 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:40 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754