Brick Tamland
Years ago

New 36ers Coach

With all the Phil and Steve bagging over the last couple of seasons and the call for someone else to step in. Personally I was hoping Brett Maher when he signed a new contract would be signed as player/coach like Shane Hill but what about putting in a new exciting young coach, someone who has a proven ability to coach at juniors and men's levels, someone with championships both as a player and coach. Some may laugh at this but how about Adam Peck, he has been around the SBL for years and last year coached a team of scrubs in South's reserves to the reserve title. The bloke knows how to get the best out of people, and has a basketball brain. Anyone who can score 60 in a game must know something about the game. Did Phil ever score 60, I doubt it. So Mal, ditch the bald Smyth for the bald Peck, not only will you save some money, you might get someone who won't just sit back in his chair as his team is going 20 down to a team they should be beating.

Topic #10405 | Report this topic

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

Shane Hill, would that be Michael and Brad's brother by any chance or possibly the bleached blonde hammer Shane Heal who used to play for the Sydney Kings.

Reply #119597 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

Part 2

LMFAO - That's like saying a SANFL magoos coach could take over from Mark Williams or Neil Craig? Surly it isn't time school holidays yet.

That just moronic and outrageous, hang on maybe not, could Sammy the Snake can take over as he has a perfect winning record for the Timeless Turtles who play in the mixed over 35's social competition at the Powerhouse on Sunday night.

Look out Pat Reilly Sammy the Snake is after your Miami Heat job.

Reply #119598 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Adam Peck is the worst coach I have ever had. For the argument that he made south win the reserves tittle I am pretty sure that, that south team had majority of abl players in the team. If that is so then that isn't really much of an achievement. Thanks for the post Adam but I think this thread should be deleted.

Reply #119599 | Report this post

wound  
Years ago

Brick, I really hope that post was not serious. And you were just taking the piss out of Adam. I cannot believe what i just read! Close this thread isaac, please!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #119605 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

This must be you Billy...Trav?

Reply #119606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dr why would it be Billy??? You mean Heath don't you!

Reply #119611 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

It's not unprecedented. During the whole Super Bowl madness on ESPN I somehow picked up that the Oakland Raiders made the offensive coordinator of a High School or College team their Head Coach. That's like the 36ers going out and making the Div 5 Mens coach of some club their new man.

Reply #119623 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

hmm this has become personal, one thinks

time for a topic lock

Reply #119639 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think Brett Maher is interested in coaching.

Reply #119642 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Adam is a good coach and a good communicator. I think he has the ability to coach at that level someday, and you can't keep recycling coached or just giving ex NBL players a chance. I don't think it is such a bad idea myself
As for the South reserves team being a bunch of scrubs, that's just BS. Some people will no doubt disagree with this, but the South men have had one of the deepest line-ups in the ABL in recent years, they have just not had that top end firepower to get the job done consistently at ABL level.

Reply #119649 | Report this post

Android  
Years ago

I think you've been watching that goof ball movie "Eddie" too much

Reply #119652 | Report this post

Simon  
Years ago

You need to find an American. After all the NBL top 4 all have them as coaches.

Reply #119660 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

I hear Paris Mcurdy is looking to play/ coach. What a perfect fit.

Reply #119663 | Report this post

i heard a rumour recently that a certain fast food outlet who had been watching the coaches performance over the last couple of years recently contacted the organisation to ask permission to sign him up as a double for the clown they have seated in their restaurant, whilst it gets taken away for maintenance. Apparently the coach was a perfect fit as he had the right sitting position with arms and legs crossed, could stare straight ahead without saying word, had a pair of floppy red shoes, some red pants and a yellow top but didn't have the right amount of hair, so the deal was cancelled and we are stuck with him for another couple years.

Reply #119664 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

lol Blackbeard...

Reply #119665 | Report this post

Android  
Years ago

Paris Mcurdy... Now theres a winner I haven't heard of for a long time

Reply #119673 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

I had heard that Don Monson was looking to take over the job again? Now there is a man that I'm sure did go to sleep on the bench in a couple of games. The way he use to have his head it looked like he was asleep. Well past bed time at the old folks home!

Reply #119984 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:11 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754