Anonymous
Years ago

CENTRALS WOMEN, WHERE ARE THEY NOW

Just wondering now there is no Womens ABL team, Who has changed clubs are having a year off. Etc etc

Topic #10413 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe this will be close:

Conn, Jae - Victoria

McLean, Louise - Victoria

Wilkin, Emily - Navy

Bayly, Shay - Eastern

Telfer, Jessica - Not Sure

Dawver, Tracie - Retired

Stace, Amy - Retired

Trimboli, Leanne - Retired

Taylor, Charlie - Still Under 16's

Gunn, Karen - Retired

Money, Alex - Quit

Money, Erin - Quit

Centenera, Justine - Still Under 18's

Reply #119690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Div 2 women either and there U21 div 1 women forfeited on Saturday. As that was there home game it doesn't look good for them in the immediate future. For the womens program up there.

Reply #119714 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

paul arnott, can u explain how centrals could suit up a first year u16 in abl when the laws say u must be a certain age to play seniore? is it diffrent rules for abl? or is it that centrals where that bad that u just over looked because it didn't have an affect on the overall out come of the game?

Reply #119727 | Report this post

Kenny Smyth  
Years ago

Ahhh Booga you think you know everything but you only have a very small idea. the ABA bi-law says you must be 14 years old, Ms Taylor was registared last year on her 14th birthday. Why would Paul have to justify that when its an ABA Bi-law, the rules are well enforced when it comes to ABA paperwork but you would know that if you have been involved in an ABA Team.

Reply #119733 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Booga this is Paul's first ABL season at the job. Colin Thompson was in the job last year when the season started until about half way through. So I think its tough to blame some one that wasn't in the job then. Well sorry he was just not looking after the CABL comp.

Reply #119803 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

kenny is the rule the same for all senior levels or just abl

Reply #119829 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

That is the definitely the rule for ABL, I don't know about other senior levels.

Reply #119843 | Report this post

dog  
Years ago

I think its sad that a club has gone down hill, it not good for S.A.
They have a big area so whats the problem is it the staff at centrals.

Reply #119859 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Haven't the Centrals women gone back to playing their normal grade, under 16s..?

Reply #119868 | Report this post

Kenny Smyth  
Years ago

Booga my main bigman, The ABA is run under a set of bi-laws from the AUSTRALIAN BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION and all other senior comps are under the BSA bi-laws, some of the BSA bi-laws relate to the ABA but I am not sure weather the age law is one of them, that is a question Paul could answer. However saying that I would think if you can play ABA you would be able to play lower division Seniors.

My guess is yes but I am not 100% sure.

Reply #119910 | Report this post

Pioneer  
Years ago

By-Law B23 (a) is a BASA/BSA by law and was brought in about 10 years ago. It is NOT an ABA by-law

Reply #119917 | Report this post

Kenny Smyth  
Years ago

OK Pioneer you are the man, I stand corrected, as long as its a bi-law of some type thats all that counts.

To the bigman Booga, the Navy Seal Idol, its a bi-law somewhere.

Reply #119981 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:47 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754