Kent Brockman
Years ago

Lock in Coops for 2 years Eddy

Coops will agree to a 2 year deal as offered bythe sixers shortly

Topic #10418 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

I hope so. Definetly the most improved player from last season.
Easily our defensive player of the year as well.

Reply #119744 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Would LOVE to see him take more shots...any shots actually..

Reply #119745 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Smart, plays within the team structure, we need all the defense we can get, and will surely keep working on that outside shot - happy to see him retained.

Reply #119746 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

I disagree with him getting more shots. I don't think he is needed to score. Get him out there concentrating soley on defense and he will help the team more than if he's attempting 16 foot jump shots and touching the ball on every offense.

Reply #119748 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Actually he did increase in the amount of shots he took this year by almost 2 extra attempts per game. He also increased his field goal percentage from 38 to 44%.

I would still love him to take the ball up stronger and attempt to dunk it. This way he will get more respect and will either get a dunk or get to the foul line. The amount of times he went up for a soft lay up this season and stuffed it up, were too many times!

Having said that he was one of the only few bright spots for the Sixers this year and good on him for continuing to improve! Also hopefully he keeps working on that jump shot so that it becomes automatic this will probably double his points production!

Reply #119749 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

His FG% in 2005 was 38%???!! Wow. That is very poor for a big guy. I agree though - good on him for improving.

Reply #119751 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Cooper has played exceptionally well this season. Some great bloks and rebounds. Also has put some points on the board aswell.

Reply #119767 | Report this post

Rotate on this  
Years ago

I am sure most will agree that Coops ignited and inspired the team single handedly in at least 5 to 6 wins this year with his defensive aggression and well timed shot blocking-changing ability and all round hustle.
On ya coops .

Reply #119777 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

If he can learn to put his shots in at point blank range and learn to do a lay up he could be good. Great defense in block shots and rebounds.
Not too unhappy about resigning.

Reply #119779 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

If he can learn to put his shots in at point blank range and learn to do a lay up he could be good. Great defense in block shots and rebounds.

Reply #119781 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

Reply #119783 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

yep not unhappy with this signing

Reply #119791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sweet. Cooper signing equals Cooper playing for the Flames 07

Reply #119802 | Report this post

Brian Fantanna  
Years ago

Happy he is signed but I don't want to see him as a strter next year. Great Back Up.

Reply #119822 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I think the thing about Cooper that stood out is that his effort level couldn't be questioned this season, which is a far cry from most of his team mates.

Reply #119823 | Report this post

Skudpud  
Years ago

I think if they can put a decent offense around him that gives him cofidence to drive more often this could be great, this year he lacked assitance with wheeler being out for so long.

Reply #119851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

defence wise he is a great player but i think we needed to look for a back up 5 man. too many times this year when horvath went off we had no one in for rebounds, as cooper was outside the key. if we could get him to improove and be confident in the post he will be a great asset

Reply #119866 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

A journey man over the years that seems to have found a home and a town that loves him. Good luck.

He is the type of guy that would make a great coach one day. Blue collar worker that would encourage kids to keep going an not give up, just like him.

Reply #119885 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

cooper has a great attitude and as mentioned above he allways give 110%

Reply #119890 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

the couple of games i saw of coops this year..was a grreat result from him..a good siging IMO

Reply #119899 | Report this post

Seattle's Best  
Years ago

Yeah Coop-diddy!
Love your work big fella.
Looking forward to a ABA championship with the mighty Flames!

Reply #119903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is that u maxxy?? yeah looking forward to coops back in the blue and red this year!!

Reply #120038 | Report this post

Squizzy  
Years ago

Seeing all of the 36'ers games this year I thought that Coops had a much better 1st half of the season offensively than the 2nd?
It looked as if he lost a bit of confidence, particularly after I think the 1st heavy loss against Brisbane.
It would be interesting to find out if the stats supported this.
I would be happy to see him back.

Reply #120281 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Good value as a back up centre. Two years is OK by me.

Reply #120448 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:21 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754