DrB
Years ago

Joey Wright wins Coach of the year

I think anyone could have won this with the team he has.

Topic #10432 | Report this topic

DrB  
Years ago

Here is the link http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=4714

Reply #119992 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

oh and lets not forget about the funding he has had to get this team. Brisbane are suggest are cheating the cap. If Wright does not win the championship he will be gone. Pretty amazing it would be if the Coach of the Year got the sack in the same year in won the award.

Reply #119993 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

hmm i thought gleeson did enough to come pretty close to it

Reply #119994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or the fish man

Reply #119995 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Fisher for me. Did well with a lesser squad.

Reply #119999 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

no i think gleeson should have won the award.

Reply #120000 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

I'm sure that, in our hearts, we all know Phil is really the coach of the year...

Reply #120002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phil can deal with the media. Hes good at dealing with the media, needs to join them actually.

Reply #120007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

goorjian was repeatedly snubbed of the award during the kings 4 minor premierships based on the fact he had a pretty awesome team to work with.

This year he gets 4th with a team who should have limped into the play-offs and is not even considered.

Joey wright had a better team on paper this year then any of the kings winning teams.

I know ur all goorjian haters but love him or hate him, he's copped a raw deal here

Reply #120008 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Agreed. Smyth also failed to get the same recognition with a few decent seasons. 2002 is a classic example because they elevated in the finals and the award doesn't factor in the post-season.

Reply #120009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

let me get this right you think the kings who at the start of the season had 5 boomers and 2 imports in there team, should be just limping into the playoffs. Sure goorjian had injury, import problems and kendall smith and hinder probably should not have been in the world champs team. but there is still a fair bit of talent there!

Reply #120014 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

Isn't this a bit like the year the Mercedes C Class won the Australian Car of the Year.
I mean if its going to cost you 3 times more than anything else out there, it damn well sure better be the best!

Reply #120032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

give the man a ball

Reply #120040 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Joey= $$$

One word. Fisher.

Reply #120045 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

fischer is a puppet he has got a clue, what his time outs in fox - hilarious entertainment. the yankee assistant is the main guy

Reply #120050 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

excuse spelling Fisher (also known as KEN DOLL)

Reply #120051 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

I think Cal Bruton should get it. For trying to make a Black Pearl out of a Toad fish.

Reply #120081 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:17 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754