Anonymous
Years ago

All Star Game Skills Challenge *spoiler*

What i believed to be an extremely entertaining All Star Saturday... with great performances and a lot of laughs was tainted by the ego's of the competitors in the All Star Skills Challenge.

Who do these guys think they are?

I'll give Wade and Paul the benefit... as they seemed to at least push themselves out of 1st gear in the qualifying rounds.

The same cannot be said about Kobe and LeBron... arguably the two biggest names in the NBA today.

First off Kobe. Sure he qualified to the final, but he did it barely dribbling above a walking pace, and i was therefore happy to see him choke in the final.

Now LeBron... I am a MASSIVE James fan... but his arrogance and disinterest in the event made me sick.

I mean seriously... how hard is it to dribble at a fast pace in between passing/shooting stations.

I for one cant wait to see Nash v Wade in 2008.

Thankyou for letting me get that off my chest.

Topic #10448 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

The all star weekend so far has been a flop for me. It was a weak dunk contest, GG was all right, his first dunk was pretty good, his dee brown dunk was crazy too but i thought it was a little bit too much since j-smith did the jersey switch thing it wasnt somethin new...

Howard was robbed, but he should have done the kiss the rim dunk instead of that windmill dunk that everybody in the competition could do.. TT was a no show, he didnt know how to entertain the crows... nate was all right, he was excited he looked like he had fun, i thought the thing with pierce & green was funny, but he pulled another 16 times dunk attempt which was boring at the end...

I miss those times when you could only replace your dunk once , the times with J-Rich, D-Mase.. the dunk contest is getting weaker every year, the more they hype it, the more it sucks... they gotta do something about that... i hope the ASG is gonna be aight tomorrow, cuz so far, the all star weekend has sucked, the Rookie challenge was weak , Dunk contest, even the skillz competition was boring, bring somebody like shaq to do it or yao that'll be fun, the 3point shootout was allright, Kapono did pretty good, he was my pick for the competition, it was better than last year... but we gotta bring real shooters to that competition, wtf was jason terry doing there 2 years in a row, Damon jones, the self proclamed best shooter in the world was too damn stupid to run in front of racks not to lose time and get his feet set, we need real shooters, Peja, Ray allen, Redd, Korver, Novak, Redick, etc..

Reply #120147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think the Dunk Comp was bad.... except for the final.

And yeah its not as good as past years... but this always happens.

B4 Vince in 2000... everyone was saying it sux... then B4 Smith the other year... everyone was saying it sux.

It goes in ebs and flows, until someone new comes in.

It will take another 4/5 years till the next crazy athlete comes in the NBA (OJ maybe?).

I also dont get the point of Green using a table to windmill over... was a good dunk... but why not put Charles Barkley eating Krispy Kremes sitting at the table or something... just ads to the dunk creativity, without making it any harder?

Reply #120148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know a source to download the all star weekend stuff, so far only found Chinese versions on davka.info

Reply #120184 | Report this post

i was disappointed with the dunk comp. at least robinson didn't win. Did tyrus even practice his dunks? with those 4 dunkers it could of been a lot better. Howard should have gotten through because of his face on the sticker. green should of done more dunks like his first one. everyones seen him do crazy windmills, i thought his final 3 were a let down. was why jordan so stingy with his voting.

Reply #120196 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Forget footage of the NBA All-Star weekend. Does anyone have footage of the D-League Dunk Comp? Two words: James White.

Reply #120200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you'll find that the likes of Ray Allen, Peja etc... the best pure shooters around no longer feel they have to prove themselves to us. I think they have earned it. But wouldn't you like to see a 3PT competition that had old vs new guns. Reggie, Kerr, Price vs Ray Ray, peja, and now Kapono?

Reply #120205 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I agree about the skills challenge. It was about as exciting as the A-league final was for Adelaide fans.

I recall Wade ripped it up last year and actually ran. This year he seemed like he didn't care??

I thought the dunk contest was good, and Dwight was robbed. I loved the creativity of the sticker one, especially as the sticker was a photo of himself. Classic. Jordan gave him like a 7 or 8 or something!

On that topic, what was with Jordan, he gave 8's all night for great dunks, then gives green a 10 for an average dunk at the end??

Reply #120225 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:08 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754