Ben Fitz
Years ago

NH - HRT and Toll Racing suspended

Channel 7 this morning reported that HRT and TOLL racing have had their licence's suspended as they can not demonstrate that they have seperate owenership.

Skaife used to "own" HRT but sold it back to it's orginal owner Tom Walkingshaw who is also the owner of HSV which is believed to hold the licence for Toll racing.

How long until Skaife helps Tom out and buys the team of Walkingshaw? One would think for a very resonable price.

Topic #10464 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

HRT caught cheating????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

Nah, everyone knows they are the most above board and straight up team around.....just ask Craig Lowndes

(insert sarcasm)

Reply #120383 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

You must be a Ford owner Yogee!

Reply #120387 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Fitz, just a question, but what difference does it make if TOLL and HSV have apparently the same owner.

They have different team managers (I'm only guessing) and different pit crews, different uniforms so to the normal person they are different teams.

Is it a cost cutting thing, example being same componenets used on all 4 cars which means less development and test time and less financial burden overall.

Seems a little harsh to me to suspend two leading teams.

Hey is it different from Red Bull Racing when King Red Bull bought Minardi (I think).

Reply #120398 | Report this post

Bully  
Years ago

They have been giving their licences back. got them back last night

Reply #120408 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

would not be suprised if it was some Ford politics provoking it, also a rumour that Skaife fired the bullet as he just received his bill for the engines that where supplied by HSV last year. a few zeroes on the end of the bill he wasn't expecting apprently.

TR it should not make any difference what so ever but rules are rules, just like the crows betting on AFL games that they arent involved with, what does it matter but the rules are there for a reason.

Reply #120409 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I am a Ford owner (2 of them in fact) but my issue is I dont like cheats.

Any team that has a Kelly brother in it is always going to be tainted by a cheating and unsportsmanlike tag.

Reply #120417 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Poor Ned, that was years ago Yogee...

Reply #120418 | Report this post

everyonesanexpert  
Years ago

What are you talking about Ben?
HRT build their engines in house, HSV has nothing to do with the engines.
The race cars use a Holden Motorsport 5 litre cast Iron V8, HSV uses a 6 litre Aluminium LS2 V8 manufactured in the states.
I too would question a bill from HSV for supplying engines, because quite simply they don't.
I suppose you think the race cars come off the production line in Elizabeth too you tool.

Reply #120419 | Report this post

Aloha  
Years ago

Ford to go back 2 back at the 500!!!
Go Craig & Jamie!!!

Reply #120422 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

With stuff related to the the V8's in Fitz I trust.

Wierd rule about ownership. I don't really understand that rationale behind it. If someone wants to run two teams and can financially cover both teams then why not.

Reply #120423 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Maybe Walkinshaw can just own the garage and Skaife can own the actual cars - ala Eddie G and Mal H!

Reply #120425 | Report this post

Ricky Bobby  
Years ago

OMG, No way

I thought all the motor racing engineers lived at Elizabeth.

Reply #120426 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Statman, exactly what I was thinking, but didn't have the gonads to post it.

Reply #120431 | Report this post

everyonesanexpert  
Years ago

Yeah fitz was spot on with Lowndes being handed the championship after protest wasn't he ? Pfft.

Reply #120435 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

It's a disadvantage if the 2 teams are linked ; their allowed budget is less than if separate, also less testing time. If they run as separate teams they can still share information.

Reply #120443 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

sorry everyonesanexpert you are coorect got my HSV and HRT wires mixed up. Meant to say that he got a bill from HRT for last year.

As far as the lowndes thing is concerned that was the info i was given by an extremely reliabel source at the time. Who know what back door deal was done to appease 888?

Reply #120451 | Report this post

everyonesanexpert  
Years ago

Why would Mark Skaife be getting a bill from HRT? Up until late last year Skaife owned HRT. Are his engine builders fining him for over revs or something? - Last I heard that was only worth a carton of beer.

Reply #120456 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Yeah same but something in the walkingshaw/ holden / skaife deal has gone sour. Who knows who owed who for what. All i know is that Skaife has somehow gotten a bill for a few basketball teams worth of engines.

Remember that Walk was schooled by the best in Bernie E so anything is possible.

Reply #120462 | Report this post

everyonesanexpert  
Years ago

Hang on, it was Skaife that brought Walkinshaw back over to run things so Skaife could concentrate on racing. - Kind of a replacement for Crenno. Seems a bit wierd if true. Not just triple 8 giving you the bum steer again ? Sour grapes perhaps over the whole Lowndes Kelly thing.

Reply #120479 | Report this post

everyonesanexpert  
Years ago

Oh yeah, and I doubt that any money ever changed hands when Skaife and the Kelly's "bought" the teams from Holden Ltd after TWR went bust.

Reply #120480 | Report this post

Skudpud  
Years ago

Wow all this already, or maybe someones is just trying to put some outside pressure on the big holden teams this year with the new model comming in. Ford have to be shitting themselves with what the new car will be able to do after figures were released about its testing times, and those times were set without the final bodykit or modifications.

Reply #120523 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

DB5 - who is the reigning v8 "champ"???

Why, it would be one Mr Kelly, due to causing a crash that took Lowndes out....it WAS cheating, as he was penalised for it...just the dumb ass stewards refused to apply a penalty that was appropriate for the action.

Reply #120533 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yogee, was a joke mate re The Kelly bros...ie Ned...just to clear things up... : )

Reply #120577 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Sorry, was early in the morning..missed the joke :)

Reply #120662 | Report this post

everyonesanexpert  
Years ago

Geez, get over it will you Yogee.
Ford teams have cheated in the past too you know. Would you like me to give you some examples ??

Reply #120677 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:26 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754