Moses Guthrie
Years ago

The Riverland

Anyone know anything about basketball in the Riverland (ie Renmark, Berri, Loxton etc)?

May be moving there soon and am keen to know what's available up there. Any good social comps? Any league teams?

Topic #1047 | Report this topic

dislocated hip  
Years ago

Riverland Raiders ABL fell over a few years ago - lack of coin and interest - from what i understand.

How a moderately wealthy area such as upper murray could not get behind their locals - / who knows ??

Mildura - similar area - big support - and Mt Gambier throw big money around with local support.

They have an intertown competition weeknights - ? juniors frifdays - which makes it hard -as local kids that are good have to come to adel on friday - miss their local bit.

Riverland is just getting back on track with sa country basketball allignment - they lost that when they alligned with ABL / put a few div 2 teams in juniors.

i would encourage them to participate in state champs again in 2005.

the better basketballers up there have all played district comp at some stage.

Barmera - is strong supporter

Berri - putting a team on the court

Renmark - strong

Loxton - top or bottom

Waikerie - trying to get it together more.

several sa country players

on average - about better div 3 seniors and juniors

some comps still playing outside at night - beaut weather though !

bets players solid div 2 level - with the local basketball elite - medium div 1 level.

good stadiums

not a high local basketball knowledge / fraternity - but they love their sport

do you want an excellent contact up there moses ?

i will reply post here for you.

Reply #11658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor Moses,

The riverland only plays basketball half of the year and if you dont join a football team you may find the locals checking between your legs.
Sorry to be negative but from What I can tell of you from your posts you will only be dissapointed with the Basketball scene up there.

Reply #11662 | Report this post

dislocated hip  
Years ago

yes - that's about it anon.

If you've got the fever - there is no cure in the riverland

Reply #11664 | Report this post

Nash's back  
Years ago

I would almost go to mildura for some better 'ball

Reply #11666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

smart move nashy

Reply #11669 | Report this post

carter  
Years ago

hey moses i live here in the riverlad basketball has died off a fair bit down here but we still have our intertown comp And moses do you play footy at all and where ya movin to in the riverland

Reply #11670 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Carter,

Will get back to ya re the move. Might be moving with wife and kid in early 2005, and with a big mate perhaps to follow, two ruckmen would be handy addition to any team.

Reply #11821 | Report this post

carter  
Years ago

hey moses wat level footy and basketball have you played

Reply #12126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mount are back so might be time to get Riverland back!

Reply #723773 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754