Spadge
Years ago

Locked: Western Magic: Facts not fiction

Hi All,

Just some things to ponder.....

Fiction: players were 'seduced' to come to Magic to play
Fact: players were not happy at their original clubs and decided to come to magic
Fiction: parents coaching junior teams
Fact: ALL coaches at the Magic club have a minimum level 1 coaching accreditation and are all working together to develop our junior players skills
Fiction: Nominating for lower divisions so we get more trophies
Fact: Magic have always nominated for higher division places but BASA and BSA said that the club will get the divisions where they see fit. We have to fight for our spots unlike all member clubs.
Fiction: Magic is a "social club"
Fact: Magic had to go through the same requirements that all other non member clubs have gone through. Being in the 'district competition' proves that BASA and BSA believe that the club is worthy of competing in the district competition and if I am correct I believe that there is a committee made up of people from all member clubs that voted to accept us??
Fiction: Magic fees are too low for it to be a district club.
Fact: Magic was formed so people on all incomes could afford to send there children to play. We are not here to rip off our parents like other clubs seem to do. I don't believe there was ever a 'benchmark' figure of what to charge parents for fees. We have a dedicated committee to make sure our fees are kept as cheap as possible so more kids can enjoy the game.

I find it quite funny that there are a few people that keep going on about how 'social' or inadequate Magic is as a club, but while they are sitting here talking on the blogs they may not be realizing that Magic is now in the higher divisions (being div 2 & 3) and instead of constantly putting our club down, maybe its time to start focusing on developing your juniors to some day maybe beating us.

"Someone should stop protecting people and let the basketball community know what is really going on." Quote from a previous post.

What is going on? Magic have nothing to hide and if people were to stop gossiping for one second and actually asked someone that knows what they are talking about you will find that its not actually Magic that people should be pointing fingers at&& you do the math&. Magic has been around for 2 years anything prior to that must have been at another club.

Topic #10488 | Report this topic

i disagree players weren't seduced to go to magic. I could give you 5 people right now who were.

Reply #120691 | Report this post

Higher divisions is div 3 now is it? Your last years u20 div 3 team was full of div 1 caliber players that you stole from other clubs (who developed them, quite ironic that you sniped at everyone about developing our juniors when you steal them away from everyone).

Reply #120692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fiction: players were not happy at their original clubs and decided to come to magic
Fact: players were 'seduced' to come to Magic to play
Fiction: parents coaching junior teams
Fact: Some teams do not even have coaches. If they do then sometimes they don't turn up.
Fiction: Nominating for lower divisions so we get more trophies
Fact: Magic has always nominated for lower grade tournaments so they could win more trophies.
Fiction: Magic is a "social club"
Fact: Magic is a very social club. They are very intimate.
Fiction: Magic fees are too low for it to be a district club.
Fact: Magic was formed to give kids with lower standard skills a chance to play. When magic tried to go one better fees were made lower than district so they had abetter chance of getting district players to come over.
Fiction:" Someone should stop protecting people and let the basketball community know what is really going on." Quote from a previous post.
Fact: If anything is said about what is going on then it gets deleted. This does not mean it is not the truth. It is very serious.

Reply #120697 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Posts are deleted because of the serious nature of the issue - correct.

Reply #120699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Melbourne Magic folded?

Reply #120704 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Why not seduce Dwight Howard to joining your Magic team, I hear he can score, block rebound and has a knack for putting stickers around basketball stadiums. Its becoming his 'thing'.

Reply #120706 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I think your original post might have a little more credibility if you had posted under a slightly more serious alias than "Spadge" !

Reply #120711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"We are not here to rip off our parents like other clubs seem to do."

Fact: If you are not as big as some other clubs, there would be no need to charge what other bigger clubs do.

"while they are sitting here talking on the blogs"

Fact: Isnt that what you are doing Spadge?

"if people were to stop gossiping for one second and actually asked someone that knows what they are talking about you will find that its not actually Magic that people should be pointing fingers at"

Fact: So you get on a "blog" try and point out a few "facts" and think this course of action is going to nip the gossips in the bud?

Fact: If you have aspirations to be as good as some other clubs you may might need to take a different approach.

Reply #120712 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Like "Spadge, Bringer of Facts" or even "Spadge the Snitch" - these snitches are always on the money!

Reply #120713 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Ha ha ha .

Reply #120714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't believe the hype!!

Reply #120715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry spadege but you are unaware of the origins of your club, you are probably not privvy to what has happened.

Fact: One of, if not the main person responsible for getting the "Magic" into district competition now has serious issues with the law.

Reply #120724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Fact: One of, if not the main person responsible for getting the "Magic" into district competition now has serious issues with the law."

- Says who? - think people need to stop believing everything they hear.

Reply #120729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Says who? - think people need to stop believing everything they hear"

Says the police and parents involved.

Reply #120730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look up the word spadge in the Urban dictionary. I think it says a bit of the poster.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Spadge

Reply #120733 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

amazing isn't it? people have to have a team to bag!
so it is going to be "magic" now that Central do not have a senior women's team in the comp.
every club has to have its origins, so give them a go albeit if they do have players from other clubs.

players change clubs all the time.

Reply #120734 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

British: A loving term for a young son or grandson - used by Dad or Grandad - perhaps originally from Lancashire

"Howdey little Spadge"

Love the Poms.

lol ;P

Reply #120736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I come back to a key point for BSA and BA to address, that being , a social club being allowed to participate in the district comp and able to charge lower by far fees for its members. I don't believe its equitible to District clubs to have competition from social clubs who cam participate in their district competition, compete for players in their catchment areas and to do so at a reduced fee to their social players.
District for district players who are aligned with a district club only.

Reply #120737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 14 Div 5 Boys never nominated to go into div 4. Sturt and Western Magic have a good rilvary in that division. The difference is that Sturt nominated for Div 4 as they were beating every other team in that grade by 40+. Western Magic were doing the same and I notice they did not nominate for a higher division. Explain this.........

Reply #120778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#120730) if it is a police matter, then it's in the hands of the police, therefore has nothing to do with basketball, so just leave it at that. No need to post remarks on hoops.

how many teams have players ONLY from their catchment areas?? If this was the case, then Centrals women wouldnt have this problem.

Reply #120780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#120730) It does if it relates to basketball players. So leave it at that.As to your other point there are ways of getting players without taking other clubs players.

Reply #120784 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

Spadge isn't it fact that XXXXX took the social team they were coaching which had div 1 players in it from other clubs and was part of setting the "magic" club up. And isn't it fact that the u14 girls team also came from another club at the very start. So this laid the foundation that magic founded on by breaking rules and regs. for district basketball

Spadge i think you need to trim those loose hairs and look at what was happening behind closed and from what i was told some times open doors before commenting on things that a lot of people know as fact

Reply #120791 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

Anonymous coz ur so in touch with what happened then you would already know that western magic was formed in 2005

the matter you are refering to happened in 2001 when the person involved was a woodville coach

but you would already know this aye seeing as tho i'm not in the loop and all

Reply #120798 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

i just think its funny that your all so scared of a bit of competition, scared we might start getting the 1 and 2 divs and keep beating your precious member culbs toughen up and stop sooking about 4 or 5 players that left the non member clubs have put up with more popaching and crap from you member clubs then you'll ever have to from us so jam it ya cry babies

Reply #120800 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Isaac 120791 should be deleted

(Mod: Edited.)

Reply #120802 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

thankfully BSA doesnt seem to be as narrow minded as BASA was

Reply #120803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As always, not very many intelligent posts when it comes to egos (from magic and non magic clubs)

Isaac, I also agree that post # 120791 should be deleted.

and I think everyone needs to read the rules again....
'You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players.'

Reply #120805 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm going to lock this one as well, especially thanks to the last (deleted) post from a Western Magic supporter.

Reply #120813 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:28 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754