123abc
Years ago

Hoops Fantasy

After asking the Hoops SA community if you would like a fantasy game for the Hoops SA members i got to work.

About the game:

>Auction Period
>Free Agency
>Injury Waivers
>Stats
>Compete against other teams for player signings
>Compete against other peoples teams
>Realistic
>Free

I have used a forum with several modifications to make the game more realistic. I have based it on OzHoops 'FNBL'.

Have a look at current development if you wish. Add in what you would like for next seasons fantasy season and stuff like that.

If successful i hope to have atleast three leagues of 10 teams.

I know it is early but so i can set up, if you would like to compete and is sure that you will you can enter your team
here

What i really need is to see how many would like to become a commissioner or statistician because i need to know whether this thing can go ahead and how many leagues we can have.

I would like 1-2 commissioners per league possibly.

If you want a look around and suggest improvements go to www.hoopsfantasy.co.nr or to join go to the above link.

This is for the Hoops SA community and i would like to see your thoughts on what you would like and what you like about it.

Thanks

http://www.hostmybb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=10&mforum=nblhoops#10

Topic #10501 | Report this topic

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

how to play link doesnt work

Reply #120835 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

fixed

Reply #120838 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

What league is this for? NBL? Next season? I can't commit to something that far away!

Reply #120859 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

yeah, what i really want is for people to discuss ideas and to see what they want.

Such as: 850,000 salary cap,

Final Four,

Having a minimum of two imports,

Auction Period

I don't expect people to put there hand up and saying 'yeah i'll join for a fantasy game that is 7-8 months away from the season'.

Reply #120870 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Ps. Yes it is for NBL.

Reply #120871 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

run it like you would a proper NBL franchise that doesn't rort the cap.

Set the cap at the NBL limit, two imports, Final 4 (not 8 crap) and gotta have trades between franchises.

Reply #120933 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Is it basically the same as fantasy football?

When the actual players score 25 pts, you get 25 pts for your team etc...?

Reply #120980 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Teams can trade. 850,000 is the cap limit and the mod on the game makes it so you only have 850,000 and you can't go negative. So when you sign the players, they have a set price in the Free Agencey (Auction period different)and singing of players are not done manually by commissioners. So it makes it better but Auctions are a little different. Trades can also be automatically done between two teams. We are open to three or four team trades if need be. Commissioners will constantly be checking the salary cap and teams.

My idea of a final four is the top teams from the three/four leagues play each other. The one which wins most games out of 3 and has a greater Point Difference (refer to my link)will win the Final Four Grand Final.

Promotion/relegation is a possibility if it continues after next season aswell.

Actual players scoring 25 points and having a scoreline soley on who scores is a possibility with point difference, rebounds, steals etc. adding to the percentage. What he will probably do is:

1 Point= 0.5 Fantasy Points
1 blocks= 3 FP points
1 assist = 2 FP points
1 rebound = 1FP point
1 steal = 3 Fp points
1 turnover = -2 FP points
1 foul = -1 FP point

If you decide to put a player on the Injury Waivers, do you guys like the idea of being out for atleast 2 rounds just like in the NBL? In which you can then replace him if you wish with another player of similar price temporarily?

Do you guys think that we should include the points system. So far i haven't even considered putting it in because personally, i think it is quite stupid.

During the season, should teams be able to ask for the commish to revise the price of a player? If so, how many times? Once only?

For how to play : http://www.hostmybb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=29&mforum=nblhoops

To offer opinions and requests:

http://www.hostmybb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=37&mforum=nblhoops#37

If you would like to be a commissioner: http://www.hostmybb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=11&mforum=nblhoops

(See what you have to do in the link)

It would be great to get commissioners and statisticians early to get it ready. People who have lots of repectibility (unlike myself) are wanted for commish spots.

What do you think and any other ideas?

Reply #121028 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

well? ideas people?

Reply #121104 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:11 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754