Anonymous
Years ago

Who Puts on the Best Spread After a Game?

When it comes to food after ABL games there is such meal variation from club to club.

Some clubs tend to go all out with a different spread each week...

...some just order pizzas, so when u hit the club rooms after a game u can't remember who u just played, cause u've been eating the same post game meal for three weeks...

...and others just dont bother. So you just stop at KFC on the way home and while it tastes good while ur eating it, u always regret it afterwards.

Even the humble dessert is no longer being considered as part of the meal, can't remember the last time I had a slice of mud cake after a game.

So who is it that puts on the best spread after a game?

I think it goes like this...
1). Southern (without a doubt)

2). Centrals (second only to Southern)

3). South (although only a pizza club now, two seasons ago they would of contended for the top spot, maybe someone needs to get T-Mack's mum organising the spread again)

4). Eastern (nothing like country cooking)

5). Woodville (a pizza club but they always throw in a cake of some kind to top it off)

6). Forestville (pizza club also but u do always get some type of a side dish)

7). West (pizza club through and through)

8). Sturt (a pizza club during their pasadena days, perhaps player salaries last season reduced their food budget)

9). North (if u want to call a Jatz biscuit food, don't even think they buy the salted ones)

10). Norwood (can't ever remember eating there)

Topic #10504 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood put on a good spread these days... last season had pizzas, chicken, hot chips... a bunch of stuff.

North also picked theirs up in the 2nd half with chicken, pizza, pasties, fresh fruit etc.

Reply #120866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In Norwoods defence... last time we got our arses kicked there, I enjoyed a nice post game chicken wing or two. They at least have a good turn out both at the game and in the bar after.

Reply #120867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How consistent is this Norwood food though?

Reply #120868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West pizza was only for the men. For the womens game 2 or 3 ladies did it. It was great I hope they do it again this year.
Southern has been good for a few years know.
North was good last year as well. They are the only games I played in.

Reply #120877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mavs, through and through.... country cooking and a great range of stuff... always plenty there too. Nice work guys!

Reply #120884 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I agree. I don't think Eastern a high enough on your list. They're no 1 or 2 as far as I'm concerned, maybe only behind Southern

Reply #120901 | Report this post

Rex Hunt  
Years ago

Best after game spread belongs to the Crazy Horse.

Reply #120914 | Report this post

Maggie Thatcher  
Years ago

Rex - do u BYO fish daahling

Reply #120928 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Great to see Centrals make the top 2 for something!!!

Reply #120931 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

I saw the name of this topic and thought it was about the cheerleaders again...

;-)

Reply #120981 | Report this post

Did you start this thread, Benny Hodges? :)

Reply #121029 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Southern have the best post game spread and one of the longest serving active players in Ben Hodges.

Is this a freakish coincidence? I think not... ;)

Reply #121088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is there any spreads being put on for the blitz?

Reply #122019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have the ratings changed for this season, or has everyone served pizza

Reply #138439 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:12 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754