Isaac
Years ago

Lightning retain Phillips for two

Boti Nagy is reporting that the Adelaide Lightning have secured Erin Phillips for two years.

Phillips won the WNBL's Golden Hands award and was named to the league's All Star Five.

She joins other signings Sam Woosnam, Lauren King, Jess Foley, Tracy Gahan and Rebecca Duke.

With Phillips under an injury cloud, the Lightning are still looking for a starting point guard.

Narelle Lindsay is likely to play another year, but Dee Ranford has retired from WNBL basketball.

More at AdelaideNow

Topic #10536 | Report this topic

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

Didn't someone have a source that said she was 100% leaving and was alread out the door? and then went on to say that the lightning were an utter disgrace that they would allow her to walk?

Any apologies should be made out to the lightning in this thread, but like the majority of negative Nigel's on here it will never come.

Reply #121343 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Great news to hear Erin will be staying.

Reply #121346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here Here Jimmy!!

Reply #121356 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Awesome news!

Guess that source was a bit out of date in the other thread.....

Reply #121366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More likely was members of her entourage using this forum for leverage.

Reply #121381 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

where's jacq now, seem to me this person had alot to say about erin but nothing to say now!

Reply #121410 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/9630/#109685

I guess not.

Reply #121420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jaqu, the silence is deafening

Reply #121518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Erin made the right move, support family and a program moving forward

Reply #121519 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

yes for once i agree with jimmy , did i just type that,

there were alot of people who were 100$% sure she was going cause they were either friends friends of friends

how humble the pie must be

Reply #121529 | Report this post

coach GRAF  
Years ago

:-((((

Reply #121532 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

HIlarious. They couldnt have been "friends" or even "friends of friends" as those people would not have commented in such a forthright manner on something they obviously knew nothing about.
She was 100% leaving, she was off to Canberra, it was her last game of WNBL, she and the side didnt get along. Blah Blah Blah.
The Credibility of lightbub and Jacq and all the "anon's" who knew she was leaving... well they just have very little when commenting on the subject.
I heard coach Graf speak on ABC to Peter W yesterday arvo and when asked who the stars are that will keep the Opals right up their in the years to come are.. she nominated one-Erin Phillips. Has the "x" factor.

Now I know we all know she has talent. Chris obviously thinks the relationship is workable and Erin likewise... she wants to be here cos if she didnt she would have gone elsewhere like so many others... so... can we cut the BS and just support the team as a whole as they deserve to be supported.
I get so sick of reading stuff written by people who "know" when they are doing little more than making themselves feel important for 5 seconds by posting a made up anon post that may be "provocative".
I think it is forgotten that although the person being gossiped about and their integrity and loyalty questioned is a high profile athlete.. they are also a person who deserves respect. For sure when they step out of line they can be criticised. When they fail to perform get stuck in and rip them apart for their oncourt failings. But I just think you seriously need to question your own sanity when you have to make stuff up and place it under an anon post.

Reply #121539 | Report this post

wnbl tragic  
Years ago

isnt there a certain miss lorenzini who would be cherry ripe to work with narelle as PG for a while - she has done her time and erin could slip back in fine when fit

Reply #121545 | Report this post

baller  
Years ago

Yep I agree, I don't think they have an issue at point guard with the experience of Lindsay still playing on.

I heard she was not playing for forestville, maybe will be suiting for another aba club?

Lorenzini will shine if given the opportunity

Reply #121574 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

well said "Macca" most people start a rumour because they are jealous of certain individuals and therefore try to knock them down at every opportunity

Reply #121694 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Welldone Lightning!

Reply #121697 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Glen, those last rumours were negatively targeting the club, not the player though.

Reply #121712 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

glad that is the case Isaac!
but the club shouldn't be the target either!
re the saying "walk a mile in my shoes"

Reply #121877 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I prefer walk a mile in someone elses shoes, that way you are a mile away from them, and you have new shoes..

Reply #121983 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Bugger walking a mile in someone elses shoes....catch the bus!

Result : new shoes, still a mile away and not tired from all the walking!

Reply #121995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and youve had no exercise.

Reply #121998 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:15 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754