Isaac
Years ago

Saturday: South vs Southern at Marion

This Saturday night at 8:15pm, South are hosting Southern at Marion in a pre-season ABL game.

Canteen will be open, admittance is gold coin for adults, and U18s get in free.

Can someone let us know who's likely to be suiting for either side?

Topic #10537 | Report this topic

arent they in the blitz ??
why not ???

Reply #121347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that for the men??

Reply #121355 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I would say that it is due to the amount of travel involved in driving out to Gawler all weekend. To compete in that weekend you would need to stay down there for the weekend instead of driving to and from.
Not sure whether it is both men and women.
South will have Scanlon, Carter, Smith, Pilkington, Hudson, Williams, Fuller, McKenzie, Davies and probably Read. That is just a guess though, but it would be close to being right.

Reply #121361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is the Men only this weekend.

Reply #121368 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

hey panther, it's only at gawler, not victor harbor, just pack your lunch and you will be ok.

Reply #121380 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

What happened to the tall African guy? is he still playing for South or what?

Reply #121387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is overseas atm. returning during the season.

Reply #121413 | Report this post

i agree its a huge drive to gawler i might even book a room at salisbury to break the trip up
seriously why are you guys apart of the blitz ??
could it simpoly be you arrange a trial - end of story

Reply #121421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is that Shaun Scanlon cos Damian is in Darwin

Reply #121422 | Report this post

Career Moves  
Years ago

Southern had originally planned to be playing teams interstate around the same time as the tournament, hence it wasnt high on the agenda until that arrangment fell through.
It was good to see the blitz mgmt amend the format of the games to make it more worth while, unfortunately too little too late for the Soutrhern Men.

With that aside, come down to Marion Saturday night and check out these two rivals compete for local bragging rights, last years trial game was a cracker and last i checked Southern got whipped at Marion last year. Im sure the Southern boys will be looking to get one back early this year.

Reply #121429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually Glen (#121380) Victor Harbor is probably closer for most of us, at least an hour to Gawler and only 45 minutes to Victor. Plus, without trying to offend Gawler, but there is a hell of a lot more to do at Victor as well.

"King James", Agel is actually due back in Australia this weekend.

#121422, Damian might be in NT today, but he won't be by the weekend!

Reply #121431 | Report this post

Pro  
Years ago

so now "most of us" live down south do we????

I would have thought Gawler was closer to the city than victor?

Also would have thought there was plenty to do around Gawler with the Barossa around the corner.

I realise that Gawler is a long drive for those who live south of the city however morphet vale is a long drive for those who live north, and I am sure centrals, west, north and norwood would all attend a pre season held at m/vale!!!!

South and Southern lift your game

Reply #121435 | Report this post

Career Moves  
Years ago

I dont think Norwood are attending the blitz either..... just food for thought pro.

First impressions count, Last year was a waste of time and 4-6 games the week end before the season starts reaks of injury risk to some people.

Its certainly not a compulsory tournament last time i checked. Correct me if im wrong pro.

Reply #121450 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Sorry Pro, South and Southern should really lift their game. Not attending the "prestigous" tournament the Blitz is just not on! Same goes for Norwood and Eastern, what were you thinking!
How about you hold it somewhere more central instead of Gawler for starters, that way you can get a few more spectators out there, even if they are getting ripped off on door prices!!!
But good luck and have a great weekend!

Reply #121459 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Add the cost to the players of insuring their cars, adding a top of the range car alarm, and installing wheel and steering locks and the preseason Blitz just doesn't seem like value for money

Reply #121481 | Report this post

Career Moves  
Years ago

Lockstock, i think the same can prolly be said of Marion too mate... ;o)

Reply #121489 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

And North Terrace

Reply #121492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Morpheet Vale and Noarlunga are great suburbs.

Reply #121512 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

also burnside. Gawler is a quiet country town, don't you know?
but hey I forgot you are still knocking central aren't you?
get your head out of your backside
lockstock, you are such a snob!!!!!!

Reply #121515 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I thought it was funny Lockstock!

Reply #121565 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Thanks Panther! Coming from a man who was born in Hackham West I don't think my comment was all THAT serious

Reply #121567 | Report this post

biggie vs tupac  
Years ago

Lockstock that is very funny...

Perhaps the state of the art gym, olympic swimming pool, top private school that owns the complex are attracting the wrong crowd. Perhaps my $45K automobile is too tempting for those northern scum.

Thats OK stick to your 8.15 game at that tin shed in Marion. Look out for the redbacks in the change rooms.

Reply #121569 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Come on, I know they've had a bad season, but shouldn't the Redbacks at least get their own club rooms at Adelaide Oval?

Reply #121570 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

LOL Isaac.

Biggie, your 45K car should come standard with all of the above features.

Reply #121580 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

We may need to review our opinions on the Centrals folk now they are at Gawler as we can't rely on the "Elizabeth" jokes anymore!

Reply #121581 | Report this post

dog  
Years ago

I think Adelaide 500 is more appealing.

Reply #121731 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

I saw this was a hot topic and opened it up only to see people arguing over which region of Adelaide is the worst... Back to the game ppl!

(clearly it`s Gawler ;))

Reply #121782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Biggie, your car may be valued at 45K, but that doesnt mean you actually bought it...

Reply #122256 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:20 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754