Anonymous
Years ago

Social Basketball - Premiership Points

Can anyone shed some light on the following, as various people I aked about this have various opinions?

Usually you get 3 points for a win, 2 for a draw and 1 for losing.
What about byes? Obviously due to these some teams will play more games then others. I think they used to award 2 points for byes.

Anyone know? Thanks in Advance.

Topic #10554 | Report this topic

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

One comp i play in gives 3pts for a bye and two points (draw) for hot weather cancellations.

However, my other comp, which doesn't have a hot weather policy, is apparently giving no points for byes (even no. betwee teams) and no points for hot weather cancellations.

I think you should get points for games being called off as well as byes.

Reply #121698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Social comps are run differently depending on the venue.

Have you tried ringing the venue and simply asking?

Reply #121699 | Report this post

Interested  
Years ago

Does anyone know what the rules for this is at Marion?

Reply #121704 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I have encountered this issue where my team had finished fourth but had played one more game as we were scheduled to play one more game then the team that finished 5th. The resulting case was they let the 5th place team infront of us due to a winning percentage e.g. (they won/loss more/less games)

Reply #121723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KJ, I think that is the fairest thing.

Reply #121730 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I think Mars runs 0 points for byes - they change the roster so much no one would have any idea whether or not teams would have had more or less byes that each other

Reply #121794 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:53 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754