Anonymous
Years ago

Paul Maley

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Paul Maley, or what he is doing these days?

Last I knew, he was still in the country (he is a bona fide citizen these days), predominantly doing public speaking gigs not long after his retirement in 2001.

I know there's a Paul Maley who is a political writer for the Canberra Times. Doubt it's the same guy, but I cannot be sure - Maley was a pretty educated fellow when I used to know him (Yale educated, ahem), and quite in touch with current events.

Topic #10577 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Last I heard/saw he was with the Hawthorn Football club.

Reply #122107 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I saw him about 1 year ago and had a bit of a chat, he runs a basketball apparel business with Michelle Timms I believe, making uniforms and the like. Can't quite recall the name of it though

Reply #122110 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

He and Kari work for KIK Australia

Reply #122118 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

TB, I had to look at your post twice - thought it said KKK Australia!

Reply #122150 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I saw him and Harold Miner working at Burger King on the Gold Coast 3 months ago.

Reply #122157 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

DB5, I was there too, on the way home I passed a basketball court and saw Cecil Exum being dunked on.

Reply #122187 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Thought he worked for Australia Post now!?

Reply #122194 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

lol Nutwork

Reply #122207 | Report this post

mike sanchez  
Years ago

He's an old friend from high school in new mexico, USA. Would be great to hear from him. 1/16/09

Reply #222098 | Report this post

Mark  
Years ago

You might find him running round at Diamond valley on a monday night occasionally....

playing his side tonight

Reply #226873 | Report this post

Males  
Years ago

Somebody sent me a link to this blog a few days ago - interesting to read that I was working at Burger King on the Gold Coast!
I WAS working with Timmsy doing some apparel and then I WAS at kik (a small licensing company). But my wife and I started our own business a little over a year ago; we have our own brand of gift/kitchenware called "Make My Day' and we're going along ok.
I'm not sure who it was that asked my whereabouts in the first place - but I would definitely love to catch up with you - Mike Sanchez - if you're out there? Man, I haven't talked to you in WAY too long! You gotta let me know how to get hold of you.

Paul

Reply #227509 | Report this post

mike sanchez  
Years ago

Hey Slouch!

It's me mike sanchez. I can't believe you got on and answered this site. I've been trying to find out whatever happened to you and see if i could get a hold of you to say hi. I still live in tucson and am doin good. My email is [email protected] and my phone # is 520-603-9108. Take care and hope to talk to you soon. Mike

Reply #229137 | Report this post

Cayte Stevens  
Years ago

Oh too funny! It's quiet at work so I'm playing on Google. Decide to google "Paul Maley" find this forum and Males' response. Mr Maley, I hope that you're going well. It's the vice president of your former fan club here. I've always wanted to thank you for being so gracious and accommodating to two crazy 16 year olds that thought you were God! You were so lovely and kind to us, even though we must have driven you crazy at times. I have children of my own now, and hope that when they're old enough to get into basketball or football or whatever it is that interests them that they have someone so nice to look up to. Thanks again! x Cayte

Reply #259396 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Males (if it is relly you) apologies, I did not really see you there at Burger King (your secret is safe with me), it is an inside Hoops SA joke, hence the cecil comment afterward.

Reply #259399 | Report this post

Louis Bair  
Years ago

I stumbled onto this site when I googled my old neighbor Paul Maley.Funny to hear he's at BK,I would have though he was a Lota Burger man.Males if you have a minute,drop me a line. Louis Bair (505)-920-1924.

Reply #260938 | Report this post

James Ferell  
Years ago

Paul,
I don't know if you remember me or if you ever look at this, but this is James aka chief beef! Morgans nephew, anyways, I thought I would drop you a line, I was on the internet looking around and I thought about when I was growing up and hanging with you and my uncle. I hope life is good down under. Colorado is great for me and the rest of the Kirby's. Take care Paul.

James
[email protected]

Reply #359108 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:23 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754