Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers Player Announcements.......

Isaac or anyone else........is there going to be anymore announcements in the near future on the sixers playing list or will it be a bit quiet now until after the Grand Final series?

Topic #10586 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I suspect it may be quiet for a little while. Remember, there's nothing they can announce unless it involves uncontracted, given-permission-to-talk or existing players. I think the club are in a good position compared to the other teams desperate to rebuild rosters (Hawks, Pigs, maybe Breakers, etc).

Reply #122232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac......what gives you the impression that we are in a better position than other clubs looking to rebuild, such as those you listed?

Reply #122234 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Hawks haven't named a coach. Their existing players are nervous about signing until a coach has been named. By the time they name a coach, their imports will have walked. They're also likely to lose two of their starting Australians. On top of that, if they keep sticking to a budget, they won't be able to win any quality players to their club without overpaying for it.

As for the Pigs, they're a little up in the air too, have to start from scratch with their imports and may well lose their marquee guard. Their quality rookie will also be fielding offers from many clubs.

Meanwhile, the 36ers have locked up their star Australian, have picked up a reasonable guard that covers last season's deficiencies, retained a rookie who didn't really show too many flaws, and aren't sitting still on other options.

Reply #122242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you know if the Sixers have been having talks to Julian Khazzouh or atleast plan to?

Reply #122244 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I won't comment on something that specific.

Reply #122253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's Dragon bound I believe.

Reply #122260 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

saville to gc would that be one of those aussie starters to move

Reply #122268 | Report this post

smitty12  
Years ago

i'm lookin at Patty Mills headin' to the Dragons to replace Adam Quick and be guided through a first season by Hammer. That's if he def aint goin to a College. Ingles and Mills together at the next level...then Boomers in a few years!!!

Reply #122280 | Report this post

kc4mvp  
Years ago

Hawks will be fine, season ends on the 9/3 as thats the 2006-7 Season End Dinner.
Things will move from there I think.

Reply #122287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont think they will be fine. will be a bad year for the gong

Reply #122319 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:16 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754