xztatik
Years ago

AFL: Should the new rule be stopped?

Although there has been a major push by coaches, players and fans to get rid of the new push-in-the-back rule before round one, it doesnt like the AFL will budge and at this point the rule will stand.

I think the rule is a terrible addition to the game, there was already a free kick in just about every second marking contest. The AFL need to stop being so stubborn, recognize it was a bad move and redeem themselves before it effects the regular season.

Topic #10633 | Report this topic

cLaRkY  
Years ago

I don't mind this rule because it challenges defenders to be smarter in the ways in which they play. Anyone can give a player a nudge in the back and take a safe mark, but by keeping this rule defenders will need to battle for front position or attempt a fair spoil.

Besides it is only called as 'in the back' if the player has hands in the back, could this lead to a use of a defensive forearm (armbar)?

Reply #122820 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

I beleive that the rule many years back was what they are trying to do now. I think it is a good one to introduce and hope that it stays.

Reply #122837 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

But Clarky they were already calling the blatent push in the back in last years marking contests, now just the slightest contact between hands and the back will be called even if there is no real pushing motion that effects the mark.

Reply #122954 | Report this post

Brittany  
Years ago

I AM COOL SO DONT MOCK ME!!!! GO EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGLLLLEEEESSSSS!!!! FREO SUCK HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Reply #127118 | Report this post

Stace  
Years ago

Hi GO FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO eagles rmajor drug addicts lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Eagles SUCK!!!

Reply #127119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

looks like school is out...

Reply #127125 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yeah, the special school....

Reply #127126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

common the mighty rrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssss

Reply #132374 | Report this post

aurz  
Years ago

go the mighty rrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooossssssssssssssssss

Reply #132378 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:18 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754