loose moose
Years ago

Do you just make it up Boti?

Hey Boti, do you just make up most of the crap you write...(Supid question really, after all you do work for the advertiser)!!

in yesterdays article you said that the lightning were not considering kristen rasmussen for next year, her and jamie left the country on tuesday morning, after being told monday night that she was a wanted by the lightning for next season.

she just signed a 3 year deal to play for the coneticut sun http://www.wnba.com/sun/news/sunsignfreeagent22107.html
and the sun beat 3 other serious contenders for her signature...why the hell wouldnt we want her back..?

but boti...dont ever let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Topic #10655 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

I think Boti Nagy and Michaelangelo Rucci must be the same person

Reply #123208 | Report this post

Reginald  
Years ago

I agree - for the good of basketball in this State I am sure his column could have been dedicated to something more that his own rubbish from today. Cannot believe the A'tiser paid him to write pathetic jokes that he obviously had a good laugh at....here's a thought, run them past someone first!!! In the off season do a 'where are they now' or individual profiles on some of the ABA or club upcoming stars - make use of that space...no wonder they give more preference to Football!

Reply #123213 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rasmussen is no lock for next year but has not been ruled out either. The club would have a preference for an Australian big.

It's all well and good to ask why they wouldn't want a WNBA centre, but this isn't a want/not-want situation - there are costs associated. The 36ers don't sit down and say "We want LeBron James. Let's do it."

Boti is reporting the story based on what he believes to be the case, surely?

Reply #123215 | Report this post

Kenny Smyth  
Years ago

I think the guys a joke, when he wants to fill in space he takes a crack at the Sydney Kings, Brian G, or Shane Heal. Its old news get over it and move past the Titan days and the Phil Smyth Australian coaching days and the Brett Maher not getting any court time in the Aust. team, shit happens, he has said his piece now its time for him to grow up. Is he doing anything on the start of the ABA I don't think so. Boti your a joke. I for one don't read the dribble you write.

Reply #123243 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

His job and responsibility to his employer is not to report on what's nice for basketball or good for the ABL - it's to report on what's of interest to the most readers and, in basketball, that's NBL and WNBL material and in jokes. There are a lot of "Dad's Jokes", but it's usually more informative than not. Realistically, if you don't like the jokes, read between them for the information you don't get elsewhere.

When it comes to the in-jokes, are they that different to what we read on here? Heal sucks, 36ers are old, etc, etc.

Reply #123253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti your use by date is up as is the use by date in your in jokes.

Reply #123256 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I enjoy getting my Boti fix in the paper everyday. I feel ripped off when he doesn't have an article in each day.

We all know he says half of his stuff tongue in cheek and is biased towards the 36ers.

If the alternative is what we got when Boti is on holidays (no stories or articles written by journalists with no idea about basketball) give me Boti any day.

Reply #123284 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

I agree nutwork! any basketball article is better than none surely.
who will write it if Boti doesn't?
all you sledgers re this thread, come on give it a go and write a weekly article on ABA.
see how you go!!!

Reply #123287 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

From the Oxford Dictionary

Journalist - one whose business it is to report, edit or write esp for a newspaper or periodical the daily record of events or learned topics.

Joke vt- to poke fun at, provide banter or jest.

Ummmm - I guess we now know what he is don't we?

Reply #123290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speaking from Sydney here, as much as I hate what Boti often writes and the attitude he takes to certain things pertaining to basketball in this fine city over here, you are lucky to have him. Here in Sydney it is rare - extremely rare - to have a basketball article outside of the standard, formal game preview/review. That you have a noisy shit talking columnist is a luxury that we don't have here, even if you think he's stale or whatever. Sports need personality to sell, the media are instrumental in selling it. Boti sells it, in Sydney we don't have that. Just the same generic article week after week, same quotes from the same people about the same things. I'd love a Sydney Boti, especially a 36er hating one. ; )

Reply #123293 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Spot on #123293, I don't see why there's all the Boti hate. Whether you like him or not you've got to admit he knows his stuff and is on the money most of the time. His game reports are as good an any in the NBL and his colour pieces, while not everyone's cup of tea, are a lot more interesting than another story on the Crows.

And Loose Moose, I can't even understand what you're trying to say. Just because the Lightning don't want a particular player how does that mean no other team in the world wants them? And what does Boti have to do with it?

Reply #123327 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

Simple way to get your point across to the Advertiser would be to email or write a letter to the sports editor and air your concerns. You will get a response from them; however Im pretty certain it would not be the response you are looking for.

I have not always agreed with what Boti may have said in the paper or even done as a coach, but he would be one of the most knowlegable & most entertaining Bball jurnos in the country, by daylight to the rest.

Reply #123359 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Hail Fiji!
He has the knowledge, credibility and opportunity to become the foremost basketball journalist in the country yet for whatever reason chooses frequently not to go down that path. I wish he'd let someone else write the crap. The Tizer has a number of writers who already do this to satisfy the South Australians who think they're continually getting screwed over. Let one of them put their name to "bitching gossip".

Reply #123370 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Brett Maher not getting any court time was a disgrace that should never be forgotten...ever.

Reply #123417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do not agree that Boti is a good journo. I read some articles in the sun that were factual and to the point. Old jokes and jokes that do not mean anything to people that have been only following basketball in recent times do nothing for his credibility. As far as coaching goes ask people that have had close contact with him in that field and you will not get too many positives. Stick to the facts Boti.

Reply #123457 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Well he has done his job. I say this because like him or hate him you are all talking about him and the basketball that he writes. Isn't that what a journalist sets out to do? Get people talking about there articles and whatever they write about?

Reply #123507 | Report this post

silly thread  
Years ago

For you to complain, you have read Boti's article. From the thread, everyone has read several of Boti's articles.

Well done boti. As a reward you get to keep your job for another week.

So when has anyone been so dumb to believe everthing you read in the newspaper.

Thats is like everything you read on Hoops is fact...... rest my case

Reply #123570 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

If you don't like his stupid jokes then don't read Around the NBL on a Thusrday, the rest of his stuff is quality.

Reply #123572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#123417)Im with you, never forgive, never forget.

Reply #123618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti has always had his own agenda. Those who think he is in it for the good of SA basketball are sucked in. He only thinks of himself.

Reply #123631 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:29 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754