Neptuneboy
Years ago

Hoops.com.au to release music CD..?

Do you think Hoops could put together a CD with some of the songs suggested in the 'What's the best Pump Up Song for a Basketball Game' thread. (which has been going for nearly 2 years)

Narrow it down to 50 and use the forum to get people to vote for a top 20.

Isaac, it would advertise your website to those not in the know. And you could burn copies and dish them out to everyone for a small fee.

Thoughts? Anybody.., nobody..., dust?

Topic #10659 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I like the idea, but hello copyright!

Reply #123317 | Report this post

ha ha

send out burned copies of CDs, which is filled with songs which you dont own the rights to. hello lawsuit!

Reply #123334 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Maybe thedoctor could help us all out with the legal side of things?

Reply #123336 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Anyone can burn and sell CD's. You need to apply to APRA and AMCOS(can download a form I think) with the songs selected and the original artist. They gain approval for you which is easy to get as each song writer, lyrics writer and label receive money each time someone burns a copy. They have a calculation per song that you pay per copy to be burnt. It is not out of the question but only a small amount of money is usually made (if any)this way and of course capital is needed to finance the venture. It is what dancers and dancers schools do. The 6ers cheerleaders did it a couple of times with songs they recorded (slightly different scenario) and sold them at games.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Jane

Reply #123347 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Jane - I think that is the most succinct, competent, practical and logical thing I have ever read here.

Reply #123377 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Agreed! So is it a possibility?

Reply #123421 | Report this post

Jane  
Years ago

If someone wants to finance it, I am happy to help with the paper work and logistics such as good dubbing companies etc.
Cheers

Reply #123569 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

At the very least, we should make up the 'track list' for the album, and leave it to individuals to search through their collection to find the tracks.

Reply #123581 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:22 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754