Isaac
Years ago

Farley signs with Div 2 Fabriano

Eurobasket.com is reporting that Willie Farley has signed in Italy to play out the season with an option for next season.

Willie Farley (195-G/F-75, agency: Elfus-Siegel Management (ESM), college: Fresno St.) agreed to play with Lega 2 team Indesit Fabriano Basket till the end of the current season. The contract has also an option for the next season. Farley comes from Australian league, where he outstood as one of the best swingmen.
Will be interesting to see how he goes.

Topic #10660 | Report this topic

Jonno  
Years ago

Looks like he will be on the same team as Neil Mottram.
Hope it goes well for him!!

Reply #123332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac.....when does the Euro league finish? Does that mean that Willie wont be playing in the NBL next season?

Reply #123349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fabriano has 7 games to go and needs to win 3 maybe 4 to make play offs.

Reply #123350 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Thank God he's gone...Let's hope he wont be back.

Reply #123351 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

"... where he outstood as one of the best swingmen"

Except for this year where he outstood as a petulant sook.

Reply #123379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon and Sector 7G, you peanuts.

Show some bloody respect!! 2007 wasn't Will's finest year and admittedly he let himself and the club down on a few occasions, but why get stuck into a guy on the other side of the world? He had one bad year!!! ('Bad' being in relative terms, he was still serviceable).

How about a bit of recognition for what he did while he was here those other years, including the 2002 title.

I'm pretty fired up about this, idiots hiding behind anonymous posts and shady pseudonyms, throwing un-original insults at a guy who was and will always be welcome in the city of Adelaide. I bet these clowns wouldn't dare say these things to Will, one-on-one, face-to-face!!

Reply #123400 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Anonymous (123400), I agree with you 100%, but you have contradicted yourself.....where is your name behind the post/statement???

Reply #123405 | Report this post

Fair enough Corey, I did post anonymously, but on the other hand, I wasn't pretending to be a big man and getting stuck into a public identity in a manner in which I could hide behind my monitor and know this guy will never know who I am. I have, though, put a name to my post.

Reply #123428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Farley Will tear that league up, let's go Farley.

Reply #123442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i do know wil very well and he still rates the city of adelaide highly - whilst he doesnt read the forums or papers his family does and were constantly confused why some of the comments were personal when the writers did not actually know him. He will tell you 2007 was a challenge with the new system and he will learn from the year. fair enough rip in if the performance is not up to standard but some of the stuff said was ripe

Reply #123462 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

What was the new system your talking about. Phil hasn't incorporated anything new into that program since he arrived.

Farley played like he has always played, came down and shot the ball, more often than not passing up the easy shot to try a shot with a hand in his face or falling out of bounds so he would get the wow factor from the crowd.

The guy is talent but you would prefer a player like Mee over him anyday of the week.

Reply #123498 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I would suggest that it was exactly the problem of his family ( read wife) reading posts and then telling him their interpretation of what was being said on hoops. If you are a proffesional athlete you need to deal with criticism from fans plain and simple.

Willie was a lot better performer when he was able to leave the influence of home in the locker room.

Reply #123503 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

My comment was not personal at all. I just stated that I am glad he wont be back. I am still glad he wont be back. Yes he won in 2002, teams worked him out and he had nothing left to give in the years that followed. I just prefer a team player than an individual.

And no I wont reveal my id.

Reply #123506 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Farley had a bad season in a bad team. I don't for a minute blame him entirley for his performance last season. It was an unfortunate case of him not fitting the team and the team not fitting him. We saw this when he played for West Sydney and then the first year he came back to Adelaide. Give the guy a fair go, he will excel in the right environment. I am extremely sorry to see him go, he will be missed like he was a part of the family.

Reply #123590 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

touche #123400

Reply #123838 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

You can't blame him entirely but he is one of the highest payed players in our team. Therefore you would expect good performances. The fact is the whole season it didnt look like willie was trying. He may very well be trying but it sure doesnt look like it. No defence at all! Its time for a change.

Reply #123867 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:22 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754